watch now

Author Topic: Full time working moms  (Read 32394 times)

mishmish

  • Guest
Re: Full time working moms
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2013, 10:09:05 pm »
I've been a full time mom for the past 4 years. Recently lang ulit ako nag-work.  Since I'm a preschool teacher, half day lang ang demand ng work, but I also tutor kids in the afternoon, kaya parang whole day na din ako nagwo-work. Siguro maswerte lang ako ngayon kasi student ko din ang anak ko, kaya kahit papano natuturuan ko pa, but ibang usapan na once na nag-big school na siya next year.

nochaser21

  • Guest
Re: Full time working moms
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2013, 01:18:35 am »
Share lang...

I'm a marketing admin by night and full time nanay by day :) My work starts at 10pm then 7am na out ko. When i get home, I'll prepare/cook for my 11 month old baby's breakfast and lunch. 
 Pag gising na si baby and yaya, laro laro ng konte then i'll feed him na, tapos ako rin nagpapaligo. Around 10am, nap time naman nya. Me? I'll do the laundry naman (3x a week). When he wakes up, mag lunch naman sya, ako pa rin mag pakain kay baby. Then play time till 1pm, then he sleeps na siguro ng 2pm, dun lang din ako makaka tulog. He sleeps with us pag day time, so pag na gising si baby ng 4pm automatic gising din ako, i'll change his diaper tapos milk time na nya. dun ko na paakyatin si yaya para kunin na si baby. Sponge bath and dinner si yaya na bahala. Makaka tulog nako till 830PM.

Si yaya ay pa assist assist lang the entire day at katabi si baby sa gabi. I want to be a hands on nanay as much as possible, sobrang kulang talaga sa tulog.

gentai_chan

  • Guest
Re: Full time working moms
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2013, 10:00:17 am »
count me in sisses! ;) I'm a full time mom by night 7-4am then around 5am house na ko, after that since tulog na si 2 yr old baby ko ill do household chores like laundry or whatever na dapat tapusin, then around 7 prepare ng b'fast and at 10pm lunch naman wait ko si baby to wake up at around 12nn then pakainin and then will give her a bath, around 1pm na siguro ako magnap then wake up at 530..mejo tough pero priceless yung reward!  ;D

lovely_carrot

  • Guest
Re: Full time working moms
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2013, 10:30:34 am »
full time working mom since 2006.

I'm lucky kasi ako nagbantay/nagalaga sa daughter ko until she's 10 months old.
I'm worried naman for my future kid/s kasi hirap i give up ang work just to be a hands on mom, di ba 2 months lang ang maternity leave? wala pa man, iniisip ko na yan.. hay..  :(


pinkpunk

  • Guest
Re: Full time working moms
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2013, 10:45:46 am »
I've been a full time working mom since 1996 to a brood of 3... it's very challenging yet fulfilling!

maye2k

  • Guest
Re: Full time working moms
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2013, 11:23:45 am »
I'm a full time working mom for 4 makukulit for 5 years now. It's hubby who gave up his career and stays with kids at home. At first it was really a hard battle for us, he doesn't want to give up his career kasi daw siya ang lalaki. Ang problema lang namin, I can't handle my kids when it comes to their ka kulitan, I always get sick. Mas na didisipilina sila ng asawa ko at mas takot sila dito.

We talked about this, I had to explain to him that it's normal now a days for the wife to provide for her family and to just put aside of his pride. Also, in our case na maraming anak, we had to balance life, it's not about not being able to provide our kids because I would be working alone na. Oh yes, financially, there would be changes but we have to deal with it properly rather than sacrificing my health.  Matagal din ang adjustment period but bit by bit ok na kami sa ganitong set-up. I still get to attend to my kids need when I get home and during days I'm off from work.

em_cee

  • Guest
Re: Full time working moms
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2013, 11:54:00 am »
Nakaka-inspire kayo!  I am separated.  A full time working mom to a 7 yr old son!  It's good that this year Grade 2 na sya. He's whole day in school na from 7am-4:45pm.  I wake up at 5am to prepare breakfast and his snacks and lunch to bring to school.  I wake him at 6am, eat breakfast, ligo, bihis and send to school by 7am.  School is a 3-5 minute walk from home.  I will prepare myself for work. When my son comes home from school at 4:45pm, my mom attends to him first.  I work nearby also kaya mga 15 minutes travel time lang.  When I get home, I tutor my son, take his bath, eat dinner and relax before bedtime at
8:30pm.  Pagtulog na sya, I will have a little "ME" time tinkering with the tablet.  In between the times I'm home and not attending to my son, I do the laundry.

kath16

  • Guest
Re: Full time working moms
« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2013, 11:40:34 am »
Share ko lang...

I'm a single mom and no support from the father... Fulltime working din in Manila. My little son who is 8months old nasa Cavite. Super lungkot at ang hirap na hindi mo nakikita lahat ng development ni baby..Especially pag my mga ginagawa siya new.. Every weekend ko nga lang siya nakakasama..Kaya sinusulit ko ang bonding time ko with him.. I see to it na nakakausap ko siya sa phone kahit hindi niya ako maintindihan..Ang lungkot pag nakikita mo ibang tao hinahanap niya at hindi ang mother niya..Sana i could find an apartment para pwede ko siya malipat agad para makabonding ko siya everyday... :(

sistah!

  • Guest
Re: Full time working moms
« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2013, 04:51:12 pm »
I am a full time working mom too. When I was pregnant, I never even considered leaving my job. In fact, part of my preparation for childbirth was also thinking up ways on how to fill up my time during my maternity leave. Of course, wala ako na-achieve sa mga balak ko. All I wanted was to stay home and nest with my child. I went back to work after my maternity leave and now my daughter is 1 and half na. I miss her when I'm at work but I am glad to be home every night and all weekends with her.

I manage with a yaya who is ok with my daughter, I live with my parents and they love taking turns in watching her or playing with her so I get a lot of help. Hubby also works full time.

preciousjewel28

  • Guest
Re: Full time working moms
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2013, 07:03:01 am »
i also work fulltime in a call center in Alabang. i work at graveyard shift,plus pregnant pa 'ko ngayon..it's hubby who takes care of our 4year old girl and in fairness naman,ok siya mag-alaga. there were lots of times na tempted na siya magwork especially pag sobrang gipit kami,but we don't wanna hire a yaya and compromise the welfare ng anak namin. mahirap magwork sa gabi pero it's still worth it knowing na someone reliable takes care of the kid while im at work,so kahit paano naaalis na din yun worries ko. yun nga lang,konti lang ang bonding namin ng anak ko,though good thing,her classes sa school starts at 2pm,so once i get home we can still have breakfast together,then i'll spend the rest of the day sleeping na. we just maximize yun mga restdays ko from work kaya ang commitment ko sa family ko is as much as possible no overtime pag restdays.it's just a matter of being committed to work and at the same time making your family as your top priority,palagi ko nga sinasabi sa employer ko,if i am sick,i can still come to work,but if it's my kid who's concerned,wala na kami paguusapan,i'll definitely choose my kid over anything else. :P

yukishih

  • Guest
Re: Full time working moms
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2014, 05:39:47 pm »
Ako din working pero currently on maternity leave kasi I am due to give birth on 29th Oct. Ang eldest ko nasa Pinas and I am overseas. Pinapadala ko ang eldest ko dito, pinapasabay ko sa mommy ko kaso pinipigilan ako hwag na daw at baka di ko kayanin kasi via CS ako. Sobrang miss ko na sya tutal nakaleave naman ako so maalagaan ko sila ng kapatid nya. Pero against yung parents ko kasi daw dagdag gastos pa and syempre sabi mahirapan ako mag alaga kasi may yaya sya sa Pinas. Di daw ako marunong magprioritize. I feel so bad lang kasi gusto ko talaga kasama ang eldest ko. Gusto ko itake advantage ang maternity leave ko. Pero galit yung parents ko sa gusto ko. Yung hubby ko nasa Pinas din pero wala sa kanya baby ko since di naman nya madala dala kung san sya maassign. Feeling ko napakainadequate kong nanay. Sinabihan ako ng parents ko hwag daw ako magreklamo sa kanila at ipasundo ang baby ko kapag mahirapan ako. Mali ba ako?

Sorry if OOT. Di ko lang alam san ko ito ipost. Sobrang stressed out na ako tapos buntis pa ako.

Note: Mods padelete na lang if di ako nagstick sa topic.

pinkpotato

  • Guest
Re: Full time working moms
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2014, 10:16:02 am »
^ hi sis. I think your plan is good. Tama nga naman na during your maternity leave e maka spend time ka sa eldest child mo. Are you in Asia lang? I think doable naman if youre child is with you basta anjan si mommy mo. may makakatulong ka.

If Im in your shoes, ill do the same. problem ayaw lang ng parents mo pero sana maintindihan nila and best time na din kay lola makasama ang new apo nya. win win!

FayeP

  • Guest
Re: Full time working moms
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2014, 10:26:15 am »
hi sisses, full time working mom din here....my first born is now 3 years old and I'm currently 3 mos preggy with the second.  Night shift ako so pagtulog sila ng daddy nya magkasama, but pag-uwi ko ng house until makatulog cya ng hapon mga 1PM ako nag alaga sa kanya para si hubby naman makagawa sa bahay (magluto, maglinis)...

tischarmedlife

  • Guest
Re: Full time working moms
« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2014, 10:30:13 am »
I'm a full-time working mom too. Good thing, day shift na ko ngayon so I still get to sleep at night with my three year old boy (turning four this December).  ;)

Angelite

  • Guest
Re: Full time working moms
« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2014, 10:56:05 am »
I think yung night shift parents have an advantage too kasi habang tulog yung mga kids eh dun sila work. Then pag uwi eh dun naman gising. Puyat puyatan nga lang ito if hands on ka talaga. Pero very good setup if let's say kailangan dalhin sa doctor si baby during weekdays or if may activities sa school during weekdays.

tischarmedlife

  • Guest
Re: Full time working moms
« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2014, 11:58:43 am »
^ I see your point. Sa case ko lang, di pa nag-aaral si baby kaya okay lang na wala ako during the day, he's with my mom naman. Dati kase GY shift ako, hindi ako makatulog kase during the day sya mangungulit! Di ako tumagal kasya naghanap ako ng dayshift. Pero baka pag nag-aral na sya next year, palipat ako sa GY na schedule.  ;D

FayeP

  • Guest
Re: Full time working moms
« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2014, 12:49:59 pm »
^uu nga sis angelite kaya mas gusto ko un night shift ako (but nahiram ako sa day team kaya ito morning ang pasok, limited tuloy ang time ke junakis)....

katuwang ko naman din kasi si hubby kaya un mga gawaing bahay sya na ang gumagawa, bale un pagpaligo, pagpapakain, saka un play time nagagawa pa namin ng anak ko....

twelvth_goddess

  • Guest
Re: Full time working moms
« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2014, 01:12:21 pm »
My husband and I are full time working parents to our 4-year old daughter and we've not had a yaya for 7 months now. We get by with a little help from my mom but we've pretty much established our routine. I realized that not only do I save money by not having a yaya but I've also saved myself from a lot of stress.

My daughter is in the mid-morning schedule in junior nursery and mornings are very hectic for me. My work schedule is pretty flexible but I usually take the 11am shift at work. My husband works during the day so what we do is I take care of my daughter in the morning (breakfast, preparing her for school) before I leave for work, my mom looks ater her when she gets home from school, then when my husband comes home late afternoon, they'll have dinner na and he'll give her a bath before they sleep. It's quite challenging lang because every minute counts for me during mornings. If I wake up 15 minutes too late, it means I wont be able to work out anymore. I also ensure that I prepare her baon nicely everyday.

It's very challenging to be a working parent. Most of the time, pagod talaga. May mga drama moments pa ko while driving to work sometimes cus it's the daily commute that wears me down. I drive everyday from our house in Marcos Highway Antipolo to my office in The Fort. My husband works in Makati naman.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 01:14:32 pm by twelvth_goddess »

hedonista

  • Guest
Re: Full time working moms
« Reply #58 on: October 14, 2014, 01:40:47 pm »
I have a 2 year old son and back to working full time.
If you are in the same boat, how do you handle it?

I live in overseas, so no yaya or house maid  :(
My son goes to daycare twice a week and 3 days with a baby sitter (she's my mom's friend and she's filipino)

Share your experience please :)

I am a full time working mom with 3 year old son. No yaya too. My mom is taking care of him.
It is heartbreaking when he is clingy. Today he ran outside house when I left this morning nagising pala and sigaw ng sigaw ng "mama" I was almost in tears.

Right now,I am still figuring out how to handle separation anxiety of my son. I found a website though which is helpful.

so how do I handle it? with a lot of google and sometimes cobra/redbull. if super pagod sa work and I wanna spend time with him pa more playtime I have to pump up energy.
also we go out mom and son only, during my rest days which are weekday. unlike my hubby who has sat sun off. :)

gharz412

  • Guest
Re: Full time working moms
« Reply #59 on: October 14, 2014, 05:10:07 pm »
me too, but i'm planning next year na to work na at home kase baby is closer to toddler na so need to look after him pero ngayon mom ko nag aalaga wala akong tiwala sa yaya ;D

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close