My opinion: delay chidbearing.
A couple needs time to adjust.
More important, a couple should work on their priorities, not on society's expectations.
I married young, my husband is older but not that old-old ha as amoy lupa or papa papa ekek. lol
I needed to finish my education, he wanted to put up his own business (though he was already a very well compensated top exec).
So, we decided to put off having kids for a couple of years... actually, until we had a stable business, and a couple of properties to rent out... O eh di ang daming commentaryo... queso baog sya or ako, quesyo muka kaming pera, quesyo sigurista kami about life... name it, we heard it.
IF we had babies right after marriage... I do not think we will have what we enjoy now.. the security and perks. It took time, sacrifice and planning to take off. Mahirap kasi, in our opinion, to have "MUST EXPENSES" that babies require. Tayo adults puede mag cost cutting, belt-tightening... but kids just must have certain stuff and care that costs funds. So instead of providing for necessities, we decided to focus our money, time and effort on money-generating projects, on advancing our interests... so ayon, may mga negosyo, may earning assets.
The problem is not how to provide for what the kids want or need, but more of saying "NO" when it is not good for their character, specially when we can afford it.
Actually, ayoko talaga noon ng maging mother worrying about money. Gusto ko kung ano naisipan ko best for my baby, kaya ko give. Sure, I married no Rockefeller, pero hindi rin naman pobre or naghihikahos... or pwersado ako sa budget. And, heck, I needed time to get my act together... as in, be financially self-empowered. Hard to ask someone for something you really really really want, even for your kids. Mahirap magka baby kung tipid na tipid ka eh, yun alam ko at a young age... kasi yun ang dakdak ng old yaya namin sa amin lahat. Ayoko nang internal dialogue with myself that as a kid, I enjoyed this and that pero hindi ko ma give sa anak ko. I am a firm believer in the improvement of the race, natural combined yon with advancement of the race di ba.
IMO, too, it is important to have more than enough money. It sure insulates a couple from, or prevents even, a lot of areas for discontent/disagreement. IMO, it is money that makes the world turn... not love... so there, shoot me. Basta.
BUT we also believe that we have all this now coz God gave it all..
Yon nga, God helps those who help themselves.
Also, but for the Grace of God.. there we go...............