watch now

Author Topic: How much does a trip to Paris cost?  (Read 154736 times)

beahero

  • Guest
Re: How much does a trip to Paris cost?
« Reply #560 on: February 15, 2013, 08:38:11 pm »
Hi! I just finished backreading and I learned a lot! :) Thank you mama squeak! I have a question though, I am in my junior year in college and I joined a summer program offered by my school where I'll be spending a month in Salamanca, Spain to study. The school arranged the whole thing (we'll be staying with host families + excursions to other Spanish cities organized by the school in Salamanca + roundtrip airfare & food) but we're allowed to go on a post-tour to other European destinations, which we have to arrange for ourselves. The program is from end of April - end of May and after that, my only goal is to get to watch the Roland Garros live. But shempre, since we're there na rin, might as well tour Paris. How many days kaya should we allot for that? We can't stay that long cause we have classes that start around the 2nd week of June, and medyo tight na ang budget from the tuition + lodging while schooling. And oh, our school group will leave us sa Madrid-Barajas airport I think. What's the best way to go to Paris? TIA! :D
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 08:44:37 pm by beahero »

mama squeak!

  • Guest
Re: How much does a trip to Paris cost?
« Reply #561 on: February 16, 2013, 09:30:25 am »
^Lucky you!  :)

The Roland Garros stadium is just a 10 minute metro ride from central Paris. If you can base yourself near the Eiffel Tower/Trocadero area you will be halfway in between. The area should be affordable too. Though you mentioned you're still a student? Why not stay in a youth hostel, definitely will be cheaper than an apartment or hotel. Check the following websites:

Auberge International Des Jeunes - at 11eme arrondissement
MIJE - a bit pricier than Auberge

If you want to be more comfortable and you'll be in a group, renting an apartment will be okay too. Bale you just divide the rent among your group. I've always used airbnb.com for our apartment in Paris.

If you can spare at least 5-6 days (better a week!) in Paris including Roland Garros, you can see the major tourist sights na in Paris. Plus renting an apartment by the week comes out cheaper than renting per day.

 :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close