watch now

Author Topic: How much does a trip to Paris cost?  (Read 154710 times)

riksy07

  • Guest
Re: How much does a trip to Paris cost?
« Reply #520 on: January 14, 2013, 09:23:33 pm »
@d_zialcita
Para palang sa hostelworld sis, non refundable the booking fee. Siguro I'll book nalang if nakuha ko na my visa. :)

d_zialcita

  • Guest
Re: How much does a trip to Paris cost?
« Reply #521 on: January 15, 2013, 09:48:07 am »
^
yes, same sila, nonrefundable yung booking fee.
but dear, what embassy are you applying in? kasi in italian embassay ako, need na ng hotel vouchers so no choice ako but to book.

:)

sky_butterfly17

  • Guest
Re: How much does a trip to Paris cost?
« Reply #522 on: January 15, 2013, 03:09:18 pm »
what will be the weather in Paris on Mar 22-27.. We will be having our company trip there.. In God's will, hoping that everyone will be given a Visa...

riksy07

  • Guest
Re: How much does a trip to Paris cost?
« Reply #523 on: January 15, 2013, 10:54:47 pm »
@d_zialcita
I'm applying sa French embassy sis. I have bookings naman na made thru bookings.com but since free naman ang booking thru that site I'm still scouting for cheaper deals for my lodging. Sayang naman if makakatipid pa ko ng konti pa. :)

01/20/2013:

Update lang mga sisses! I was able to book a place na sa AirBnB for around 236 euros (5 nights stay). It's a private room pero detached sa main house plus it has its own toilet and bath and the owner is a nice lady who has three lovely looking children. Ayon nga lang medyo malayo sa center the property but I can live with that(I'm an early riser anyway). I got a reply from the owner within an hour of sending her a message. I booked the property right away na. It's still way, way cheaper than what I would have paid if I stayed at a hotel. Tapos she can also give me free breakfast daw. Weee!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 07:45:09 pm by riksy07 »

d_zialcita

  • Guest
Re: How much does a trip to Paris cost?
« Reply #524 on: January 22, 2013, 07:40:07 pm »
^

wow, dear! that's great news! happy for you!!
visa nalang!!!! :)

riksy07

  • Guest
Re: How much does a trip to Paris cost?
« Reply #525 on: January 22, 2013, 09:00:35 pm »
^ thanks sis. yes. visa na lang talaga. I'm trying to be positive as I can na makukuha ko the visa. complete naman my requirements. I'm staying sa may Vincennes.

Ano pa bang magandang ipasalubong from Paris? Not the LV or the Chanel stuff. Just the simple things lang. :)

mama squeak!

  • Guest
Re: How much does a trip to Paris cost?
« Reply #526 on: January 22, 2013, 09:09:33 pm »
^You're staying at Vincennes? You have to visit the Château de Vincennes and Parc Floral then. You are aware that it is outside of Paris, right? By metro expect 30-35 minutes to get to the center. Is your apartment walking distance to the metro or RER?

riksy07

  • Guest
Re: How much does a trip to Paris cost?
« Reply #527 on: January 22, 2013, 09:41:36 pm »
^Yes mama squeak. I checked the metro map first before contacting the owner. I guess I just fell in love with the little room sa garden niya plus the surrounding area. Wala naman kaso sa kin if it's outside the city center since ako lang naman mag-isa in Paris and early riser naman ako. I've seen photos of the Château and I will definitely add it to my itinerary. The house is near the metro. About 5 minutes walk kaya siya since a couple of blocks lang naman.

mama squeak!

  • Guest
Re: How much does a trip to Paris cost?
« Reply #528 on: January 22, 2013, 10:04:59 pm »
^That's good as long as you are aware of where you're staying  :)  Yung iba kasi expected nila nasa center only to find out nasa suburbs pala.

About pasalubongs depende sino bibigyan mo, ako kung friends I prefer the "I love Paris" stickers. Cheap, light and does not take up space. If you're planning to get mga keychains or shirts, better buy those at the department stores since it will be expensive at the popular tourist sights. Pag family naman, I get small luxury branded items.

Anyway, that's a good deal you got with the apartment. Share mo your experience when you get back.  :)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 10:12:43 pm by mama squeak! »

prettybarbie

  • Guest
Re: How much does a trip to Paris cost?
« Reply #529 on: January 23, 2013, 02:11:33 am »
^ mama squeak, san ba talaga pinaka maganda mag stay pag first timer? sa tripadvisor they are suggesting sa arr 6, gusto ko sana yung convenient talaga... okay din ba don sa may area ng Eiffel Tower? And kung first timer ba would you still recommend staying in an apartment or mas okay kung sa hotel, para at least may receptionist ako na pede pagtanungan. Madali din ba pag aralan yung metro map nila, mala hong kong MTR ba o mas complicated? Im torn talaga where to stay, balak ko na sana sa Arr 1, then may nabasa ko na boring daw don pag gabi...

mama squeak!

  • Guest
Re: How much does a trip to Paris cost?
« Reply #530 on: January 23, 2013, 09:35:21 am »
^sis, for first timers staying for a short time say 3 to 4 days, I suggest stay at the center so the attractions are within walking distance plus the metro stations are easily accessible.

Compared to HKG mas maraming lines ang Paris metro samahan mo pa ng RER trains. It can be a bit confusing but you'll get a hang of it.

If you will be staying for more than 3 nights, suggest you rent an apartment as it will definitely be cheaper than staying in a hotel. If stay is less than 3 nights, sa hotel na lang kasi most apartments will have a minimum stay of 3 nights.

I posted this earlier. Check post 278. That is to guide you whereabouts your hotel or apartment is located.

As to which arrondissement, check this post I made in the Euro II thread. Post 400.

 :)

vanity fair

  • Guest
Re: How much does a trip to Paris cost?
« Reply #531 on: January 23, 2013, 05:27:52 pm »
Hi mama squeak! Do you still remember howm much is the RER train from CDG airport to the Paris city centre & how much is the train fare to Versailles?... I'll be staying in the 5th arrondissement.  I booked a studio apartment on Airbnb.  I'll be in Paris from March 24 to 29.  I would like to compute kung masusulit namin yung Paris Visite Pass.  Thanks!... Btw, your posts have been very helpful :)

prettybarbie

  • Guest
Re: How much does a trip to Paris cost?
« Reply #532 on: January 23, 2013, 05:39:32 pm »
^^ thanks mama squeak! Sa arr 6 na nga, try ko na tumingin ng flat sa airbnb.

mama squeak!

  • Guest
Re: How much does a trip to Paris cost?
« Reply #533 on: January 23, 2013, 07:48:47 pm »
@vanity fair, RER B from Paris to CDG is EUR9,25 per person. Sorry we didn't go to Versailles on our last trip but you can check the ratp.fr website for the fares. There is also a combi pass for fare and entrance for Versailles. You can also check the website of Versailles for that. Definitely a good idea to do computations kung saan kayo makakamura.

Advantage lang kasi ng Paris Visite pass is if you are staying longer than 3 days, your apartment/hotel is not walking distance to the sights thereby you will be using the metro all the time and no need to dig up for coins every time you need to buy tickets. Plus if na timing na rush hour di ka na makikipila sa mga vending machines.

@prettybarbie, warn you lang the apartments in arr. 6 are a bit pricier compared to arr. 3, 4 or 5. The Saint-Germain area is the sosy area of the Rive Gauche kasi. Don't confine yourself to that area only. Our last apartment was at the arr. 9 since we have been to Paris na before. I wrote about it in my blog. We were actually happier with it compared to our arr. 1 apartment  on an earlier visit.

 :)

prettybarbie

  • Guest
Re: How much does a trip to Paris cost?
« Reply #534 on: January 23, 2013, 09:01:25 pm »
^ ah... ibig sabihin ba non mas mahal din yung mga cafe or restaurant sa area na yon?

mama squeak!

  • Guest
Re: How much does a trip to Paris cost?
« Reply #535 on: January 24, 2013, 08:56:25 am »
^Yes they can be pricey. Our first time in Paris we stayed near the Jardin du Luxembourg at the 6th. Breakfast at the nearby cafe was EUR21 for a cup of coffee, two croissants and an OJ. We ended up eating at McDos for EUR4 (that time).  ::) 

Meron din naman relatively cheap eats around that area but hahanapin mo pa. Mostly locals will eat there. But if you are just visiting for a few days I don't think you'll bother looking pa for these places. For experience though, nice to just sit out in one of the cafes to people-watch. What hubby and I usually do, we'll get a table then order coffee and some pastries. We usually have our ipads (some have free wifi when you order) then dun na kami ng two, three hours. Tambay lang.  :)

prettybarbie

  • Guest
Re: How much does a trip to Paris cost?
« Reply #536 on: January 24, 2013, 07:25:46 pm »
EUR21= 216HKD mahal nga para sa dalwang tinapay at drinks.... i read pa somewhere na mas mahal pa pag alfresco dining....

Thank you mama squeak, try ko tumingin tingin sa ibang area, na mejo mura pero convenient din.

mama squeak!

  • Guest
Re: How much does a trip to Paris cost?
« Reply #537 on: January 24, 2013, 08:27:35 pm »
^If you get a table, yes. Maybe just once lang to experience eating in a cafe. Then the rest of the time, you can buy your food at the grocery. Di ba mag-apartment kayo? You can cook naman if you want to or buy ready made food. Mura mga doner kebabs, for EUR5-7 busog ka na.

I've seen some decent, affordable apartments at the 4th and 5th arrondissements. These two areas are pretty lively even at night.   

icegayle

  • Guest
Re: How much does a trip to Paris cost?
« Reply #538 on: January 29, 2013, 05:42:42 pm »
Me and my husband are planning for a trip mid this year to Paris and Amsterdam. Any inputs about Amsterdam? Sana maging succesfull ang visa application namin. Btw, we are both residing in Middle East.

mama squeak!

  • Guest
Re: How much does a trip to Paris cost?
« Reply #539 on: January 29, 2013, 06:25:37 pm »
^sis, there is an Amsterdam thread. You can backread there for tips on your IT.

 :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close