Author Topic: Goyard  (Read 115276 times)

me_love_havies

• is now a
  • GirlTalker
Goyard
« on: January 13, 2010, 10:20:33 pm »
mga sis i need your help. my friend wants to buy a goyard croisiere and she asked me how she'd spot an authentic from a fake one. problem is, hindi din ako familiar..i was able to browse through some multiply sited and noticed na may parang ribbon siya sa base ng interior ng bag..? tama ba or mali tingin ko? hehe
"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."

k_heart

• Super GirlTalker
Re: Goyard
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 11:50:13 pm »
Hindi talaga ako masyadong familiar sa brand na ito. Ang alam ko lang, problematic daw leather nito.Nagpe-peel.

From bag forum, baka lang makatulong kahit konti! : )
http://forum.purseblog.com/authenticate-this/how-to-authenticate-a-goyard-bag-295284.html

me_love_havies

• is now a
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 11:51:57 am »
thanks sis! i'll check the link din =)
"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."

prisma

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 04:24:36 pm »
I like St Louis ( like Neverfull) with tan handles and dark body...but the peeling holds me back too.

Mas sulit ang LV neverfull azur ( dream bag din, finally meron na)

Papermoon

• GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2010, 05:00:53 pm »
I own a Jeanne MM in black, I got it January 2007.  It's one of my most abused bags...I like to use it on rainy days. So far, no peeling naman...wag naman sana.

sabster

• Senior GirlTalker
  • Sabster
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2010, 11:01:02 am »
Have had croissieres, fidjis, St. Louis. No peeling naman eh and mind you I've abused my bags. Even used my white fidji as a beach bag in Bora before. No damage. The best part is you can wash goyard bags, as in with soap and water coz it's water proof. Suffice it to say I love Goyard.

pretty_mae

• Junior GirlTalker
  • **i luv him**
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2010, 11:02:33 am »
How much is the Goyard St.Louis?
'never say NEVER...'

cabyness

• Cabyness Speaks
  • Smile! :)
    • My Beauty Blog!
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2010, 05:18:35 pm »
I really want to own a goyard st. Louis however I've seen from some of my friends that nag ssmudge yung paint? Is this true? Parang super high maintenance tuloy sya. But I love how versatile it is.
Make Up is LOVEE!!!

http://cabyness.blogspot.com

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2010, 09:54:18 am »
How much is the Goyard St.Louis?

The large one cost USS1166 last month at the San Fo Union Square store.

ME LOVE HAVIES  --  at the bottom of the Croissiere is a detachable hard panel for the bottom (parang hindi mag "belly-out" LOL like the Speedys) -- across that panel is stuck a wide thick ribbon with GOYARD machine-stitched thereon.

How to spot a fake?  Yan hindi ko alam, aside from staring at the overall workmanship and the interity of the bag shape.  Fakes always have "off-lookiing" bag shapes/bodies.

The best thing is to have someone purchase it for you abroad. or buy 1 from a reliable reseller here in the Phils.

As long as you do not put down your Goyard bags on wet or damp surfaces... you will not have color discolorations/differences.   A Fidji of mine has color variation s on the body coz I was in the habit of dumping the bag just anywhere ..I have learned my lesson.  Although, the bag discoloration is not that evident (coz it is a dark violet color) -- but I am aware of it.

Now for the Croissiere.. the weak link in this model is the leather "pipings/edgings"..  They eventually break down and you will see these exhibiting cracks at certain pressure points.  So, the bag may kiinda look decrepit sooner than soon.
I cannot explain it adequately... but if you want to see, I can show you my Croissieres.

The best bugbog Goyard bags are the Fidjis. 

I agree with PRISMA,  the LVs have better bugbog capability.
But a Goyard is more attractive, IMO, and less common.

mossbabe

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2010, 09:41:19 pm »
I'm planning to get the St. Louis or the Fidji..Love the brand its not so common
~ Life means having a vision. It's all about dreaming dreams and being ready to take steps to realize them whilst at the same time being prepared to be disappointed. ~

sabster

• Senior GirlTalker
  • Sabster
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2010, 02:43:02 pm »
I'm planning to get the St. Louis or the Fidji..Love the brand its not so common

The best bag for everyday use is a Goyard. IMHO

vhanya

• goDdess and L0VeR
  • Super GirlTalker
  • not just your ordinary girl c",)
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2010, 03:19:34 pm »
i have a st.louis. bugbog bag din =)

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2010, 09:54:49 pm »
Teka ha -- yang sinasabing "peeling" may refer to the add-ons -- yeah, some do peel, specially the vertical stripes.
I am referring to the additional designs like stripes, the skull-and bones (LOL), initials, etc etc      on-order extras.

FabFabFab=)

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2010, 10:23:32 pm »
my crosiere's corners are super scuffed, kaya parang may peelings ng leather sa ilalim.

my fidji hobo naman, natanggal ang strap on one side.  and nabura na yung paint in a lot of parts. same with my other st.louises

but i still love goyard =)

sabster is right, i use my st.louis on the beach too. it is indeed the perfect everyday/travel bag!

the neverfull (don't get me wrong ha... i own one and i like it too) may be more durable or mas good value for money but kahit papano, goyards are less "pang-masa" or "common" as how others call it.
When I get tired of shopping, I sit down and try on some shoes.

sabster

• Senior GirlTalker
  • Sabster
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2010, 02:35:51 pm »
I agree with Fab fab fab  :) Goyard is not pang mass appeal as LV. I used to collect LV bags too around 3 or 4 yrs. ago but unloaded all of them as the resale of LV is not that good.

ycart

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2010, 10:05:46 am »
Who are reliable re-sellers of Goyard na you can recommend? I've been searching for a St. Louis PM in red. I'm having sleepless nights na!!!!  :'(

vhanya

• goDdess and L0VeR
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2010, 01:47:41 pm »
pinktopaz in multiply. check it out if may available na st louis pa. stocks sell fast kasi

ycart

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2010, 02:46:48 pm »
she's my contact there. I actually wanted to pre-order but sabi nya may dadating daw na mga goyard by feb 10. Unfortunately, walang red na pm. as in kakainis kasi ang daming colors na dumating, walang red. may red nga pero gm naman :( any other?

vhanya

• goDdess and L0VeR
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2010, 07:45:05 pm »
awww order ka na lang sis sa kanya =) i have seen a st louis sa accessory lab but no red color =)

ycart

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2010, 07:47:37 am »
Malaki ba difference ng PM sa GM. I'm kinda petite kasi (5 ft 2 in, 105lbs) and natatakot ako baka the GM is overwhelming for my size. Kasing size ba ng PM ang LV Neverfull MM? The reason I'm asking is si pinktopaz may st louis red na gm and I'm thinking if i should get it na kasi nga ang elusive ng pm na red!! please help.. thanks!!

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close