Author Topic: The Bridge School in BF  (Read 25203 times)

snowflake_27

• GirlTalker
The Bridge School in BF
« on: January 07, 2010, 05:51:42 pm »
I am planning to enroll my son this coming June.  I went to visit the school last Monday and I found it very welcoming and comforting.  I know that my son will enjoy going to school.  It's not a fancy school, what's important is what they learn.  I noticed based on the works of the children that as early as 3, they can already write their names.  I can't wait for my son to go to school.

any other moms who know the bridge school?  TIA!

smilette

• GirlTalker
Re: The Bridge School in BF
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 06:09:01 pm »
my son is currently enrolled in the nursery class at the bridge school.  he's very at home there and likes the teachers, his classmates and the activities they do.  they encourage the kids to learn through exploration, but their approach is also done through a guided platform.

i am very happy with his progress in this school.  my son, btw, is 3 years old.  we had him as 'salingkit' in their pre-nursery class (he was 2.5 years old then) last february 2009 just to check out if my son likes the school and is a good fit for him.  turns out, it is! :)

snowflake_27

• GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 10:12:23 am »
wow, that's great!  My son will be entering the nursery class this june.  Thanks for the feedback, i know that i am making the right choice. :)

fibia

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 08:31:31 pm »
im looking for a preschool, we live near Multi. i wanna take a look at this school. any idea on the tuition? class size? contact number?
TIA :)

snowflake_27

• GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 02:02:30 pm »
hi!  im enrolling my son this june for the nursery class, it's like the pre-nursery level in other schools.  tuition for nursery is 65k something for cash, while 75k something for trimestral payments.  ratio is 2 teachers to 12 students, i think.  i forgot eh.  you can visit their site at www.thebridgeschool.ph

smilette

• GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 08:05:21 pm »
@snowflake_27:
my son is now in nursery class. there are about 15 kids in class and they have 5 teachers.  so there's 1 teacher per 3 kids.  teacher-student ratio is only 1:3 so they get to focus on the kids talents, interests and learning pace.

Analene3

• GirlTalker
  • The creation of Beauty is Art. :)
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2010, 01:52:42 pm »
Hello Mommies, I'm looking for a school to enroll my 2 year-old daughter. The Bridge School is one of my top choices, since its a nearby City, we stay in Alabang by the way, so its convinient to send my daughter there and I also hear alot of good feeback from all the forums I've read. But I'd like to ask if you could at least give me an idea of how much the tuition for toddlers level. Do they offer a trial class to see if the baby is ready to play with others? :) I hope to hear from you sissies. I appreciate the response. :)
"The best thing is to look natural, but it takes makeup to look natural." -Calvin Klein

snowflake_27

• GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2010, 05:05:01 pm »
im enrolling my son this june, he will be in nursery.  his tuition is 78k, this is for trimestral payment. but if you pay cash, its around 65k.  they offer trial classes, you can call them to schedule that.

Analene3

• GirlTalker
  • The creation of Beauty is Art. :)
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2010, 05:48:11 pm »
Sis, Buong taon ba siya for 78k plus how long usually yung classes nila per day? :) Thanks for responding. really appreciate it.
"The best thing is to look natural, but it takes makeup to look natural." -Calvin Klein

smilette

• GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2010, 05:30:18 pm »
yes, 78k for the whole schoolyear.

pre-nursery classes are 2 hours/day, 3x per week.

nursery class is an everyday class of 2 hours.

helencons

• frustrated preschool teacher(hoping to fulfill this dream someday)
  • GirlTalker
    • the busy toddler
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2010, 12:37:42 am »
^^^Hi sis, I hope you could share more info regarding the bridge's way.I have been to the school and I was really impressed.I'm hoping I could get more insights from moms like you who send their child there.

Im almost set with the school but my only apprehension/dilemma would be, school service..i think they don't have a permanent shuttle service since most kids that go there are fetched by private cars.Im still weighing my options coz we dont live near bf so gasoline costs would really jack up my budget if i send him there.

By the way, here are some of my other questions:
1.Do they have school presentations?
2.What do you like most about the school? (personally, I like their portfolio concept, very detailed reporting of how the child responds to a certain activity)
3.Are there plenty of books available for reading? (I didn't see much when I was there kasi)

snowflake_27

• GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2010, 04:29:53 pm »
^ By the way, here are some of my other questions:

they do, they have christmas programs, halloween, slumber parties, etc.  you can check their facebook page, they post all their activities there.

2.What do you like most about the school? (personally, I like their portfolio concept, very detailed reporting of how the child responds to a certain activity)

I like their approach in teaching, they have these "centers" in which the child "plays" in.  these are all in their classroom, art center, blocks center, music center, reading corner, dramatic play area and more.  i like the dramatic play area because they change it every week.  like first its a grocery, the students take turns in their roles, like security guard, cashier etc.  they also have weekly newsletters, they tell you what they will be teaching the kids in school so you could also ask your kid questions, not simply "what did you learn today?", you can ask, "what did you buy from the supermarket?", or "who was the security guard?" (based on the theme of the dramatic play area for the week).  they also have funny one liners coz kids say the funniest things right?  they put that in the weekly newsletter. 

3.Are there plenty of books available for reading? (I didn't see much when I was there kasi)

in their classroom, they have a reading center and they also have a small library.

my answers are based on the nursery class. 

what level ba yun kid mo?

helencons

• frustrated preschool teacher(hoping to fulfill this dream someday)
  • GirlTalker
    • the busy toddler
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2010, 09:32:59 pm »
^^my kid is 2.8 yrs old so i guess he should be in their nursery level.

i saw the different centers too, liked it too. in fact, i got so impressed that i looked for resources that give out ideas on how to establish these centers, i try to do that in our house pero syempre sa dramatic play area iba pa rin kung may ibang kids as opposed to a single child playing it out.

sis thank you sa input ha and found them in fb, hooked up as a fan na
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 09:38:40 pm by helencons »

snowflake_27

• GirlTalker
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2010, 12:59:35 pm »
no problem sis!  are you going to enroll your kid?  enrollment is aPRIL 10-16.

mommydear

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2010, 04:56:49 pm »
hi sisses! just to update this page and to share na rin, we visited the school earlier today. nag-trial class baby namin sa PN class. Bridge School is our top choice kasi although our baby is 2.1yo pa lang. And I'm really very happy with our visit. Our daughter enjoyed her stay with the class. Now we're really decided to send her to this school :)

stormy

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2010, 06:21:58 pm »
The same ba ito sa bridge school in qc?

mommydear

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2010, 08:50:43 pm »
i don't think so sis.. kasi wala pa silang branch

stormy

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2010, 08:59:37 pm »
^ah ok sis.

100%K

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2010, 12:18:52 pm »
^^^Hi sis, I hope you could share more info regarding the bridge's way.I have been to the school and I was really impressed.I'm hoping I could get more insights from moms like you who send their child there.

Im almost set with the school but my only apprehension/dilemma would be, school service..i think they don't have a permanent shuttle service since most kids that go there are fetched by private cars.Im still weighing my options coz we dont live near bf so gasoline costs would really jack up my budget if i send him there.

By the way, here are some of my other questions:
Hi helencons, my child has studied at tbs for the past 2years and counting :)  To help you with your inquiries --

1.  There is an annual Christmas presentation where all the kids participate.  This is one of my most anticipated events because I get to see my child "perform".  The first time I saw him at stage, naiyak ako (like most moms hehe).  Nakakatuwa lahat ng mga kids!

2.  I ike their approach to teaching.  The kids get to learn new things in a non-traditional, and more importantly, enjoyable way :)  Example is learning letters.  They don't follow the traditional method, i.e., abcde...  They are introduced to letters by writing their names FIRST and FOREMOST, which I think is a brilliant idea. Since their names are significant, mas maganda nga if they learn to "know" the abc's through their names.

3.  I think they have enough books for reading.  In fact,  love for reading is one of the things they are taught.  The kids are introduced to several story books per week, then they discuss the books amongst themselves.  Sometimes, classroom activities also revolve around the books that they have read :)  , to make reading more meaningful :)  They also have a library, though I havenn't seen it since I can't remember :)

hope this helps, even though medyo matagal na ang inquiry mo  ;D

mommydear

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2010, 03:28:13 pm »
to sis 100%K -- hi sis! Anong level na son mo sa Bridge? We went to the school once and had our daughter try a class sa PN and I immediately fell in love with the school.. talagang nabilib ako.

I hope you can share more information as we're really looking into enrolling our daughter there next school year sa N class nila. I'm super excited as a mom!

thanks sis!

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close