Author Topic: The Bridge School in BF  (Read 25963 times)

helencons

• frustrated preschool teacher(hoping to fulfill this dream someday)
  • GirlTalker
    • the busy toddler
Re: The Bridge School in BF
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2010, 11:50:04 pm »
Thanks a lot sis 100%K. I really appreciate it.I just really pray that they introduce a permanent shuttle service by next school year, that will really help us out.  But I'm really preparing for the fees and all.Although my son is currently enrolled in a preschool located in our subd., I really dont consider it as his formal schooling.

I heard the school just had a renovation, I hope they show pictures of it especially for working moms like myself.  I don't have time to tour the school again.

100%K

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2010, 11:42:44 am »
glad to be of help, helencons and mommydear

re: shuttle, they service bf and ayala alabang areas.  outside of those, i don't know na.   

the only renovation works that i saw were on the pool and the building of an extra room beside one of the classrooms.  maybe some things were done in the interiors, i just don't know.  the school basically looks the same hehe.

iceebaby

• Homeschooling+Working Mama of 3!
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • Livin' a stress-free and drama-free life!
    • Mama Mia Adventures!
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2010, 10:07:55 am »
Thumbs up! for Bridge School! I enrolled my son during their summer class and he has definitely learned a lot and loove it! :D

It's one of the best pre schools! :D

mommydear

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2010, 10:50:29 am »
ako talaga sis sobrang na-inlove sa school  :)

excited nko ipasok ang daughter namin next school year

helencons

• GirlTalker
    • the busy toddler
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2010, 10:03:10 pm »
I was able to get the current school fees for Younger Preschool level at the Bridge

Tuition 61,000 +
Capital Devt Fund 9,500
Misc fees 9,500

They have a shuttle service up to alabang.

Although I have previously visited the school, I'm going there again with my hubby this december to show him the school and see the improvements they made.

liyapot

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2010, 10:46:17 am »
^anong age ang younger preschool level??
"If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride"

helencons

• GirlTalker
    • the busy toddler
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2010, 11:01:40 pm »
from 3 1/2 yrs to 4yrs and 5 mos. by june of the current school year

smilette

• GirlTalker
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2011, 07:07:32 pm »
update lang:  my little man is currently enrolled in TBS in their Younger Preschool class.  He has been with bridge for almost 2 years already. we have already reserved for him din for the next school year. 

So parang obvious na I love the Bridge School..hehe  ;) And my son loves it there too.  He's 4 now and can read :)  Not read na via phonetics and sounds lang ha o kaya yung na-memorize lang yung mga letters ng words to form, let's say -- C-A-R...he really can understand what he's reading.  The teachers there teach the kids not just for the sake of teaching, they really monitor if the kids are learning properly.  Tsaka compared to some schools na 3 years old pa lang may workbooks and assignments na, in Bridge, the workbooks come in during Older Preschool pa. They learn the basics using the fun and enjoyable method (through play, through hands-on experiments, etc).  Then the structure of the big schools come in later.

My little girl naman will go here next year pa.  Mapang-aabot pa sila ng Kuya nya for 1 year  ;D

bluish_mommy

• ako ang bluish na
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2011, 12:44:16 pm »
nice! may thread pala for TBS.

I read a lot of good reviews about this school. The only problem I can see is that, medyo malayo ito sa amin, I live in better living. My daughter is 2yr and 4months and this is one school we are considering for her next year sana. I don't know any good schools near our area except the ones in Merville like Create and Learn Path and Maria Montessori (which is masyadong mahal ang tuition), and one in Better Living ang name ng schoo is Kidsville (no feedback if ok). My husband and I decided that we send our daughter to a progressive school rather than montessori.

yun lang ang problem ko yung distance namin to TBS.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 11:43:43 am by younis »

MommyD

« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2011, 12:59:01 pm »
My daughter had a trial class a couple of weeks back for Pre-Nursery in The Bridge School and while I liked the school (my daughter loved their different centers), I wasn't comfortable with one of the teachers there.  She's not the teacher in the Pre-Nursery, I think she's the daughter of one of the founders.  Have any of you encountered Teacher Katrina (or something like that)?  Is she masungit or hindi naman? 

I thought kasi all preschool/play school admin were like that (like in most schools, admin people are kind of masungit from what I've encountered since I moved here to the Phils, eh) until we went to my daughter's trial class naman in Infant and Toddler's Discovery Center.  Everyone there was so NICE!  One of the directors even welcomed us like we were family.  I really liked The Bridge School, but that teacher kind of turned me off...even more when we met nga the people in ITDC.  The only prob naman in ITDC is that it is everyday.  My daughter is just turning two next month and I'm not that comfortable enrolling her already in an everyday school.

liyapot

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2011, 01:05:03 pm »
mommy d

where is infants and toddlers? ito ba yung sa tirona/ cor P.banzon sa phase 1?
thanks
"If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride"

MommyD

« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2011, 01:09:07 pm »
Yes, that's the one.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 01:15:36 pm by MommyD »

iceebaby

• Senior GirlTalker
    • Mama Mia Adventures!
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2011, 05:03:26 pm »
Hi Mommy D, T. Katrina is the school head. :)  She's ganyan talaga but she's very nice naman. :)  Akala mo mataray pero medyo but not really. :) ganun talaga siya, totoo lang siguro. :)

Minsan kami naman ni hubby super turned-off sa mga ibang pre-school teachers who are just way too nicey nicey (yung super "Hi! _____") then minsan nag bebend pa yung neck sa side.  May ganun lang ha, maybe their way to connect with the kids. As a 1st time mom with a new preschooler, ok lang.  But, after a while, nakakatawa na.

Because, in reality... di naman sila ganun.  Parang mas okay pa to teach kids the proper way to greet "Hello, how are you doing?" then shake hands.

Diba, when they grow up, they don't exactly greet people saying "Hi! _____" (with high-pitched tone + bend sa side ang neck). Yun lang siguro si T. Katrina, pero aside from that it is a very good school. :)

MommyD

« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2011, 01:54:59 pm »
Hi, iceebaby. :) Thanks for your response.  So Teacher Katrina doesn't teach any of the classes there at TBS?  I'm kind of wary as I would like that my husband and I have a good relationship with our daughter's preschool teachers.  If in any case she ends up at a class that Teacher Katrina teaches, I don't think we'd be comfortable with her - the first time we met her was just not good. 

I know what you mean about teachers who speak like that.  We also kind of get weirded out with teachers (or anyone else, for that matter) who speak that way to our daughter. :)

In TBS, for the pre-nursery level, you can stay in your child's class until they think it's okay for the child to be by himself already, right?  How long were you able to stay with your son?  I'm kind of worried that maybe they might tell me it's time for me to wait outside or at home too early, eh.  I know they know what they're doing, but siempre, it'd be nice to get assurance from moms out there that TBS did tell you at the right time that it was okay to leave your child in the classroom by himself.  I'm kind of worried kasi when we went to the trial class, there was a bully there, eh.  I don't want to leave my daughter alone there and get pushed and bullied by this kid. 

iceebaby

• Senior GirlTalker
    • Mama Mia Adventures!
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2011, 04:48:35 pm »
Malaki na son ko when he tried out for a summer class at TBS.  He went to Mindbuilders prior to that and it was nice din.  But, sis if you have that feeling na you are not comfy, follow mo lang your mother's instinct - it is always right.

My son likes Bridge, but I also had a weird feeling deep inside, and when I asked my son - he likes it pero parang hindi.  Alam naman natin if they do right? Pero, if ako lang... I'd go and really enrol him since I heard good reviews.  So when we school shopped again, we went to 3 other schools and he fell in loved with 1.  I also had peace in that school.  We enrolled him then I saw my son loved that school he chose and he even made a really big leap in his lessons.  He excelled and is very excited everyday. :)

Mommy instincts do work. :)

100%K

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2011, 06:52:42 pm »
MommyD, my son is now on his 4th year in TBS.  Though the school is not perfect, I am very very happy with how they teach my kid.

Teacher Kat teaches in some classes, though I am not sure which levels.  She is a very good teacher  :)  May I know what happened in your meeting ?  I am just curious why you are uncomfortable with her.

When my son was in PN, some moms stay with the kids though eventually the school would encourage you to leave them.  They share naman tips on how to do it so the experience would not be so difficult for you and your child.

All in all, I am so happy with TBS.  If and when I have another child, I would send him/her to TBS - no questions.  :)

bluish_mommy

• ako ang bluish na
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2011, 05:58:39 pm »
for the 4th time, tumawag ako ng TBS, nagtatanog ako kanino pwede mag-inquire for new students. kinukuha na naman name at info ko. sabi ko nakaka-3 tawag na ako ata dyan walang nagrereturn call sa akin, iniiwan ko lagi contact details ko tuwing tatawag ako sa inyo. then tinanong kung sino daw nakausap ko before, sabi ko Mara ang name. tapos biglang nawala sa linya yung kausap ko, there was silence as in! kala ko naputol ang linya... hello ako ng hello, yung pala, tinakpan ang fone at kinausap nya yung Mara, she double checked daw kung totoong tumawag na ako before. sabi ko bakit di nya sinasabi na may kakausapin lang sya, hello ako ng hello kako.

then binigay ko contact info ko ulit, nacheck nya andun na nga ang records ko, sabi ko sana naman kako may magreturn call na sa akin.

nakaka-high blood!

MommyD

« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2011, 02:02:58 pm »
100%K...well, in all honesty, I can't pinpoint why I feel uncomfortable with her.  Maybe it was just because she was slightly too direct to the point that it was verging on rudeness already?  Do you know what I mean?  When she went into the classroom, she seemed really nice to the kids naman and I don't question how she or any of the teachers there deal with the kids...but just how she dealt with my husband and me, I was slightly put off.  It was her din I spoke to a year ago on the phone and she was slightly rude when she spoke to me and berated one of the staff while I was on the phone with her.

Believe me, I have wanted to enroll my daughter there for the longest time - even before she was one and I read so many good things about Bridge.  Also, since my daughter seemed so happy when she went to her trial class there and up to now, she still asks to go back to Bridge (she calls it the "other school" - as opposed to KinderMusik which she did not like), I might even reconsider enrolling her there.  Teacher Tere and the teachers in the Pre Nursery class where my daughter had her trial class where all nice and accommodating.  It's just that I don't want naman that my husband and I will feel uncomfortable and hoping not to see Teacher Kat every time we go there.  She somewhat made us feel like we were trespassing or something.  Like we were not welcome there.

baby_ni_chunks022

« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2011, 12:49:52 am »
Mommies,

Anong teaching method ang The Bridge? :)

TIA

flyinwithu

• Probationary
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2012, 08:25:36 am »
Hi mommies! Do you have any recent feedback about this school? Already school hunting for my toddler for SY 2013.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close