watch now

Author Topic: Schools in Marikina and within marcos hi-way  (Read 216060 times)

A-N-N

  • Guest
Re: Schools in Marikina and within marcos hi-way
« Reply #180 on: March 10, 2014, 10:46:15 pm »
Does anyone know the sched of ISYC's April Summer program?

marikinamom

  • Guest
Re: Schools in Marikina and within marcos hi-way
« Reply #181 on: March 12, 2014, 01:15:45 pm »
Hi, you may want to check out Charis School here at SSS Village.  It's at the corner of Scarlet and Maroon Streets.  My son started preschool here and he's graduating from sixth grade now.  My daughter is also graduating from Charis high school this March.  Their new preschool building is set in a garden and very kid-friendly.  I remember my son really enjoyed his preschool days and would come home excited to try out what he learned that day.  Tuition is very reasonable.

One thing I can say about this school is that they really look after each and every student - not only their academic progress, but also emotional and spiritual development.  It's a small school atmosphere, so not many students in a class, the teachers can monitor the progress of their charges easily, and everyone knows everyone else.  It's so easy to approach and talk with the teachers, the office staff, the principal, vice-principal and admin.  It's like one big family.

Their curriculum is also integrated - it's not all memorization and rote, there's a lot of practical application, projects and they really try to take a different approach to learning that will allow the kids to express themselves and tap into each student's individual interests.

Oh, and A-N-N, they are very accommodating.  I'm sure you can make some sort of arrangement for your child.  Good luck!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 01:35:43 pm by mama squeak! »

mommyjo0217

  • Guest
Re: Schools in Marikina and within marcos hi-way
« Reply #182 on: March 17, 2014, 11:48:55 pm »
Hi Mommies,

I am personally recommending a progressive school (pre-school and grade school) in Pasig named Child's Space. It is also near Marikina (along marcos hi-way), lower Antipolo, c5-Libis and Eastwood City.

My husband and I researched and studied different schools near where we live (Pasig Greenland) and we thank God for leading us to Child's Space.  Our 3 kids love going to school because the creative teachers make learning very fun for them :)

But what really made us choose and stay in this school until my children finish grade school is their Christ-Centered Mission and Vision. :) we are at peace having a school that will help us raise our children loving God and loving others.

You can check out some details here:
http://trulyrichmom.com/childs-space-a-christ-centered-progressive-school/

Child’s SPACE is located at 304 Yakal Street, F. Agapito Subdivision, Marcos Highway, Santolan Pasig. For inquiries, you may call 739-0023 or 0917-3513417.

http://childsspace.weebly.com/index.html
and http://childsspace.com/ (new website to be launched soon)


ponji17

  • Guest
Re: Schools in Marikina and within marcos hi-way
« Reply #183 on: April 01, 2014, 01:34:25 pm »
Hi Mommies,

I am personally recommending a progressive school (pre-school and grade school) in Pasig named Child's Space. It is also near Marikina (along marcos hi-way), lower Antipolo, c5-Libis and Eastwood City.

My husband and I researched and studied different schools near where we live (Pasig Greenland) and we thank God for leading us to Child's Space.  Our 3 kids love going to school because the creative teachers make learning very fun for them :)

But what really made us choose and stay in this school until my children finish grade school is their Christ-Centered Mission and Vision. :) we are at peace having a school that will help us raise our children loving God and loving others.

You can check out some details here:
http://trulyrichmom.com/childs-space-a-christ-centered-progressive-school/

Child’s SPACE is located at 304 Yakal Street, F. Agapito Subdivision, Marcos Highway, Santolan Pasig. For inquiries, you may call 739-0023 or 0917-3513417.

http://childsspace.weebly.com/index.html
and http://childsspace.com/ (new website to be launched soon)

how much is the tuition fee and what is the student-teacher ratio?

ponji17

  • Guest
Re: Schools in Marikina and within marcos hi-way
« Reply #184 on: April 02, 2014, 12:03:22 pm »
Anyone knows how much the tuition fee and student-teacher ratio in these 2 preschools in Marikina?

KIDSTECH
KIDS on FOCUS (Family Montessori Preschool Loyola)

And any other recommended preschool near masinag area. ISYC slots are already filled up.  :(

meki

  • Guest
Re: Schools in Marikina and within marcos hi-way
« Reply #185 on: April 03, 2014, 05:32:26 pm »
Hi sis ponji17. For kidstech, annual for nursery1-kinder2 is 56,140. They have semestral, quarterly and monthly modes of payment. This includes food, materials, one set of daily uniform and one set of p.e. Uniform. If i remember it correctly, parang 2 teachers per 12 students. But I'm not really sure. You may call them naman to inquire. :)

A-N-N

  • Guest
Re: Schools in Marikina and within marcos hi-way
« Reply #186 on: April 04, 2014, 12:12:25 am »
Anyone knows how much the tuition fee and student-teacher ratio in these 2 preschools in Marikina?

KIDSTECH
KIDS on FOCUS (Family Montessori Preschool Loyola)

And any other recommended preschool near masinag area. ISYC slots are already filled up.  :(

Hi sis, the info you are looking for, you can back read a few pages down for more info on The said schools.   

I enrolled my child at Family Montessori preschool of Loyola (formerly KOF) for the coming school year.  But he technically started there mid Feb and we were happy with the school.  Yearly Tuition is 60k, misc fee at 10k.  This excludes snacks, which is billed at the end of the month, around P20 a day. If your child doesn't eat, they don't bill you. They also don't have any uniforms.  More or less, it will be P75k a year.   I also made some more comparisons of schools here : http://anecdotesofamom.blogspot.com/2014/02/preschool-searching.html

I suggest you schedule a visit and a sit in with the school :)


ponji17

  • Guest
Re: Schools in Marikina and within marcos hi-way
« Reply #187 on: May 08, 2014, 12:38:59 pm »
Thanks Mommy A-N-N and meki for the helpful insights. I decided to enroll my son in INGENIUM a progressive school in Marikina too. I learned that one of the founders is a Jesuit priest who graduated from Ateneo - gradeschool to college and even taught at the said University. I also got impressed with their curriculum and high passing rates in BIG schools. My first choice was ISYC since I really got impressed with their student ratio and facilities. Sadly it was already closed. I was told that it mostly get filled up by January. But I guess God has planned us to be destined for INGENIUM  :)

Here are some updates I got for SY 2014-2015:
ISYC > Tuition is at 78K, all inclusive of materials, fields trips, 4 sets of uniform. Food is not included
        >  Enrollment is now CLOSED. Slots got filled up early, so make sure to reserve for next
                school year as early as January
        >  When you call and asked to be wait-listed, don't bother, coz they do not call/text you on the
               day they said they would. You have to make several follow ups to get a decent answer.
        > School is guarded, but I don't like the setup that its not gated.
        > for school bus service, there are several posted at the entrance
        > have impressive passing rates to BIG schools
        > student ratio is 1 teacher to 5 kids

INGENIUM > tuition is at 82-84k depending on level, inclusive for field trips and 2 sets of uniform.
                    Books are extra less than 2k
                > Enrollment is still OPEN. They still have a few slots left, and will be opening another
                      afternoon class if necessary.
                > School is guarded and gated.
                > have impressive passing rates to BIG schools
                > student ration: 2 teachers for 12-15 kids plus 2 yaya helpers

Tip in INGENIUM, visit the school and have your kid assessed for 350 pesos. After that, if you are decided you can pay the reservation of 4000 just as not to lose the time slot you prefer.

I also visited other preschools but did not like the location and school grounds.

ponji17

  • Guest
Re: Schools in Marikina and within marcos hi-way
« Reply #188 on: May 08, 2014, 01:40:05 pm »
this article featured in PHILIPPINE STAR also helped me decide that INGENIUM is good for my son...

    http://www.philstar.com/health-and-family/768054/why-marikina-grade-school-topping-nat



la_chic

  • Guest
Re: Schools in Marikina and within marcos hi-way
« Reply #189 on: May 14, 2014, 04:15:37 pm »
Hi! Anyone here who has a child studying at Mother Goose Playskool or Kinderwood Learning Villa in Provident? I'm torn between the 2, feedbacks please... Thanks!


A-N-N

  • Guest
Re: Schools in Marikina and within marcos hi-way
« Reply #190 on: May 15, 2014, 01:34:39 pm »
Thanks Mommy A-N-N and meki for the helpful insights. I decided to enroll my son in INGENIUM a progressive school in Marikina too. I learned that one of the founders is a Jesuit priest who graduated from Ateneo - gradeschool to college and even taught at the said University. I also got impressed with their curriculum and high passing rates in BIG schools. My first choice was ISYC since I really got impressed with their student ratio and facilities. Sadly it was already closed. I was told that it mostly get filled up by January. But I guess God has planned us to be destined for INGENIUM  :)

Here are some updates I got for SY 2014-2015:
ISYC > Tuition is at 78K, all inclusive of materials, fields trips, 4 sets of uniform. Food is not included
        >  Enrollment is now CLOSED. Slots got filled up early, so make sure to reserve for next
                school year as early as January
        >  When you call and asked to be wait-listed, don't bother, coz they do not call/text you on the
               day they said they would. You have to make several follow ups to get a decent answer.
        > School is guarded, but I don't like the setup that its not gated.
        > for school bus service, there are several posted at the entrance
        > have impressive passing rates to BIG schools
        > student ratio is 1 teacher to 5 kids

INGENIUM > tuition is at 82-84k depending on level, inclusive for field trips and 2 sets of uniform.
                    Books are extra less than 2k
                > Enrollment is still OPEN. They still have a few slots left, and will be opening another
                      afternoon class if necessary.
                > School is guarded and gated.
                > have impressive passing rates to BIG schools
                > student ration: 2 teachers for 12-15 kids plus 2 yaya helpers

Tip in INGENIUM, visit the school and have your kid assessed for 350 pesos. After that, if you are decided you can pay the reservation of 4000 just as not to lose the time slot you prefer.

I also visited other preschools but did not like the location and school grounds.

Ingenium is also a good school. I was considering it then but it is just too far from where we live. Ok din un student to teacher ratio nila and facilities.

zen1820

  • Guest
Re: Schools in Marikina and within marcos hi-way
« Reply #191 on: May 16, 2014, 12:09:08 pm »

Hi ladies,

I want to know some feedback as well, if you have children enrolled in St Scholastica marikina???
I want to know if they are good in academics and students behavior,fluent in english  as well; I heard from some friends that students from St Scho. Marikina are very brand conscious which is why i want to verify.

Thank you

This post was in 2012. But i just want to give my opinion about " If its true that St. Scho marikina are very brand conscious ". My daughter is already in her senior year in St. Scho Marikina . Some of her batchmates and classmates really have branded shoes, bags , clothes and even expensive phone but my daughter never asked me to buy branded shoes and bags. Never siya nainggit sa mga classmates niya sa mga branded nilang gamit.  She also have some branded shoes and bags because it was given by her titos and titas. But its never a big deal for her.  I asked my daughter kung uso sa kanila yon ganon  kasi noong time ko rin, in ka pag nakatretorn,  swatch etc. Pero sabi niya hindi daw big deal sa kanila yon. kahit ano raw suotin mo. Pero pag cute daw yung gamit mo or maganda yung phone mo, yun mapapansin.

So i think , kahit anong schools may ganitong mentality so depende na lang sa mga anak natin kung magpapaapekto sila sa ganito. and Im very lucky na my daughter is a very simple person at hindi madaling mainggit. Sabi niya kasi, kahit simple at mura lang yung damit mo pwede ito pagandahin.Its really how you carry yourself. I think simplicity and being humble isa sa mga natutunan ng anak ko sa St. scho. Marikina. Pero syempre nasa ating mga magulang din yon,hindi lahat ng bagay ng gusto ng mga anak natin ibinibigay natin. Our kids should learn how to be content with what they have in iorder to learn the art of being humble and patient.

Regarding sa academics, maganda ang curriculum nila. My daughter is good in english and reading. Maganda training nila dito lalo na sa pagbuild ng confidence. Hindi rin naman nagpapahuli sa ibang mga exclusive school for girls at mas cheaper pa. Marami rin nakakapasa ng UP. Actually yung classmate ng anak ko noong gradeschool sa St. scho marikina ( she an honor student when they graduate in GS) lumipat ng Assumption highschool and she is really doing good and even became the top 1 over all . So maganda talaga ang training ng St. Scho gradeschool. Pero kung titignan mo yung curriculum ng Assumption mas maganda talaga kesa sa St. Scho.

Pero naniniwala pa rin ako wala sa school yan , nasa bata pa rin kung paano niya maeestablish ang kanyang study habits regardless kung anong school pa yan.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 01:52:03 pm by zen1820 »

meki

  • Guest
Re: Schools in Marikina and within marcos hi-way
« Reply #192 on: May 25, 2014, 05:52:14 am »
Thanks Mommy A-N-N and meki for the helpful insights. I decided to enroll my son in INGENIUM a progressive school in Marikina too. I learned that one of the founders is a Jesuit priest who graduated from Ateneo - gradeschool to college and even taught at the said University. I also got impressed with their curriculum and high passing rates in BIG schools. My first choice was ISYC since I really got impressed with their student ratio and facilities. Sadly it was already closed. I was told that it mostly get filled up by January. But I guess God has planned us to be destined for INGENIUM  :)

Hi sis, I have actually enrolled my daughter in ISYC. :) as soon as they open slots, ubos na talaga. when we went there for reservation, 8:20 am kami dumating and pang 16 na yata kami. hindi ko na din masyado maalala. tiyagaan lang talaga, but I beg to disagree na hindi sila nagtetext or call, because they have texted me para mag iremind about something. :)

twelvth_goddess

  • Guest
Re: Schools in Marikina and within marcos hi-way
« Reply #193 on: May 25, 2014, 07:05:15 am »
^Yes, they send reminder text messages. I got a text prior to the reservation schedule in January and another one to confirm my daughter's pre-assessment.

ellyn0803

  • Guest
Re: Schools in Marikina and within marcos hi-way
« Reply #194 on: September 14, 2014, 04:36:47 pm »
Any feeback about Berea Arts and Sciences School inside vista verde... May mga nakapagsabi sakin na maganda daw and tuition fee is around 35k?

angelanjo

  • Guest
Re: Schools in Marikina and within marcos hi-way
« Reply #195 on: January 06, 2015, 08:57:13 am »
Hi! Anyone here who has a child studying at Mother Goose Playskool or Kinderwood Learning Villa in Provident? I'm torn between the 2, feedbacks please... Thanks!

I have a child studying in Mother Goose. I can only attest to what Mother Goose did for my child, but I don't know anything about Kinderwood except for the feedback I got from the other moms who had kids in Kinderwood. 

I can only say good things about Mother Goose. My child who was timid when she started is now very sociable and independent.  Because of their structured environment, and the learn by play method, she began to love going to school and is always very excited to go to school to see her friends.  They have a small teacher ratio, i believe it was 7 to 1 teacher but they are an open classroom. So their socialization is not limited to their group.  It would be best if you visit them because it's really hard to explain how their system work. But it's Montessori and they have their Montessori accreditation from the US.  If you're looking for a non-traditional school for your child, Mother Goose Playskool would be a good choice.

jaspacio

  • Guest
Re: Schools in Marikina and within marcos hi-way
« Reply #196 on: January 06, 2015, 09:14:10 am »
Hello everyone, I just want to share this helpful blog post about Charis School - http://www.marriageandbeyond.com/2014/12/05/charis-school-our-school-of-choice-if-we-were-not-homeschooling/

titaycastro

  • Guest
Re: Schools in Marikina and within marcos hi-way
« Reply #197 on: February 04, 2015, 08:07:08 pm »
please help.looking for a christian school near bali oasis along marcos hi-way.thanks! :)

twelvth_goddess

  • Guest
Re: Schools in Marikina and within marcos hi-way
« Reply #198 on: February 11, 2015, 09:40:34 am »
My daughter is moving up to senior nursery to ISYC next school year. I have nothing but good words for this school and its teachers and staff. My daughter loves going to school everyday and I love the activities that they organize for the parents and the kids.

edaganda

  • Guest
Re: Schools in Marikina and within marcos hi-way
« Reply #199 on: March 01, 2015, 02:59:10 pm »
How much summer program ng Isyc? My daughter's 18mos and I'm searching for schools for her in sy 2016-2017 pa naman.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close