watch now

Author Topic: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?  (Read 136200 times)

bec_succubus

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #300 on: January 14, 2013, 10:50:31 pm »
Mga sis, careful in buying Clarisonic, since I think I have bought a defective unit. I bought the Clarisonic from1 of our sis here (not her fault) a few months ago. It worked fine and I used it several times without any problems.  Then I kinda grew tired of using it and it sat in my drawer for about  two months, unused.

Last night, I decided to use it again, and charged it since it was drained of its power. Lo and behold, instead of 2 pulses and the blinking light to signal its charging...it started to pulse continuously and did not have any light what soever. Basta, it was weird.

So I searched online for other similar cases of Clarisonic units acting up..it turns out, it does. I have seen several intl forums wherein units that do that are usually busted or have factory defects and can be returned to Clarisonic for refund or replacement ---FREE OF CHARGE.

Dilemna ko is that I bought it via Multiply. No way to return it to Clarisonic since I did not buy it directly. So Im stuck with this unit that I can never use anymore..=(

crystalcornerstone

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #301 on: January 15, 2013, 10:18:57 am »
^ something similar happened to me too, used my Clarisonic for less than a month then one day it wouldn't charge na, sayang naman... :(

vanity fair

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #302 on: January 15, 2013, 05:12:42 pm »
^Try calling there customer service hotline.  Very accommodating sila.  I called them to complain about my Mia.  Matagal kasi bago mag fully charge.  They offered to replace it.  Ang alam ko 2 years ang warranty nils.  But you have to spend in sending it back & forth.

xtine

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #303 on: January 15, 2013, 05:30:13 pm »
^^Baka you can return it sa Sephora sa HK or sa SG then they can have it replaced.  Meron naman sigurong warranty yan sis kasi less than 6 months.

Kerengkeng

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #304 on: January 15, 2013, 10:19:49 pm »
wah natakot naman ako.. kasi i made an order for clarisonic mia at multiply at balak ko na bayaran 2morow... ngayon nag dadalwang isip maman ako to make the payment...haaaaayyy.. 

jiggs092885

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #305 on: January 15, 2013, 10:22:23 pm »
Does anyone here tried the PMD personal microderm??? it's a hand held machine mejo may kamahalan 179 USD . kaso wala dito sa pilipinas. tried asking my brother who is now residing in australia  kaso din daw nito sknla I think sa united states lang and United kingdom meron. I have some blogger friends na pinadalhan nito for product review. they can swear by it. pero gsto ko sana ng mas detailed na before and after experience. May mga sissies ba tayo dito na nakagamit na nito? pra malaman ko kng hype lang ba sya or not
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 10:36:05 pm by jiggs092885 »

bec_succubus

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #306 on: January 15, 2013, 10:29:08 pm »
I DMed the person I ordered the unit from..I'll check if I can get info on the particulars of the unit..but, as much as I want to buy again, baka hindi na siguro since hassle to return it if I do get a busted unit again.

bec_succubus

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #307 on: January 15, 2013, 10:32:29 pm »
Sis crsytalcornerstone, what did you do with your clarisonic? Am thinking of tossing it in the garbage na if gagastos pa ko for shipping and stuff kung sa states pa binili. I think I tried to register the unit online, pero parang you need the particulars of the purchase to register, e, I just bought it via multiply.

absolutecarla

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #308 on: January 16, 2013, 09:10:49 am »
I have the mia and the clarisonic pro and the same thing happened with my Pro. It suddenly stopped working so I charged it then when it's fully charged the speed adjustment button isn't working anymore!!! I got stuck with the lowest setting which is okay since that's the setting that I use for my face but I can't use the body brush anymore grrrr!!!!

 I also experienced problems with the Mia when I charged it on the charging cradle of the Pro. I shouldn't have a problem with it since all clarisonic brushes can be charged on that cradle and the charging led light was on then when the charge got full on the Mia, it wouldn't turn on! I gave up on it then I thought of charging it on the magnetized charger and it worked so I think the culprit is the charging cradle because all the defects happened right after I charged the brushes on it.

absolutecarla

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #309 on: January 16, 2013, 09:16:20 am »
I thought of having it replaced now since I've read that others are also experiencing problems with their unit and yeah it's sayang because it's mahal especially the Pro which I bought from Amazon. I still have to look for the return authorization number. Sana mahanap ko para at least I could have it replaced since 3 years warranty yung pro and 1 year palang yung unit ko. I never really cared about returns and warranties until now kasi I use it often and para sa pagpapaganda yung Clarisonic kaya ayun hehe and it's mahal din for a brush :P

crystalcornerstone

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #310 on: January 16, 2013, 09:43:55 am »
My broken mia is just sitting in a drawer, I cant bring myself to just chuck it into the garbage just yet, mahal kase yung bili ko for just a months use. I bought it through a reseller and I dont have a receipt or anything like that so I dont think I can use the warranty on it. Plus hassle and gastos pa to ship it to the states. But I am going to Guam in March and I know they sell clarisonic at the Macy's there so I'll bring my mia with me and ask the salesperson at Macy's if they know what to do about a defective unit.

bec_succubus

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #311 on: January 16, 2013, 06:43:09 pm »
Ako rin, its just sitting in my drawer...hindi ko pa maitapon coz its expensive..I read through the return policy of Clarisonic sa website nila, wala na ngang pag asa maisoli pa coz the purchase via third party, lalo na unauthorized, they do not honor.

Ang mahal na paper weight nito. =(

catwoman

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #312 on: January 21, 2013, 10:19:24 am »
How many usual hours nyo china charge sya?

xtine

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #313 on: January 21, 2013, 02:36:42 pm »
If its newly purchased, it takes about 8 hours.  Charging time varies, like in my case, when I forgot to charge mine after a week of usage, it took me 5 hours.  But sometimes, its only 1 hour depending on the frequency of charging you make. 

catwoman

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #314 on: January 23, 2013, 08:19:42 pm »
May indication ba sa pulsing light nya which says na fully charged na? Di ko kasi maintindihan yung flashing light? Minsan ang tagal ko na china charge. Di ko alam if may overcharging sya.

xtine

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #315 on: January 23, 2013, 11:16:04 pm »
^Pag flashing lights, hindi pa tapos ang charging.  Pag tumigil na sa kaka flash, fully charged na sha.

Doink!

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #316 on: January 24, 2013, 07:27:08 am »
I use mine on & off, minsan [textspeak!] sensitive my face esp. pag nagfle flake off sya because of my retinol cream.

iamjoei

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #317 on: February 15, 2013, 02:18:47 am »
^^^Yup, @xtine is right.  If the light is still flashing, it means it's still charging.  Matagal talaga sya magcharge.

lelila

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #318 on: February 15, 2013, 09:45:44 am »

 I also experienced problems with the Mia when I charged it on the charging cradle of the Pro. I shouldn't have a problem with it since all clarisonic brushes can be charged on that cradle


actually, the cradle is not compatible with the mia/mia2.


from clarisonic.com


UNIVERSAL CHARGING CRADLE - Compatible with all Clarisonic Classic, PLUS and PRO Sonic Skin Cleansing Systems with handle code prefix 08 (manufactured after January 1, 2008). The Universal Charging Cradle comes standard with PLUS and PRO for Face & Body models and is a great charging cradle upgrade for Classic models. Contact Clarisonic Customer Care at 1-888-525-2747 for compatibility questions.
[/size]NOTE: Always use appropriate country adapter plug. The Universal Charging Cradle is not compatible with Clarisonic Mia, Mia 2 or Aria, which comes with their own unique charger.

catwoman

  • Guest
Re: Clarisonic - Is it worth it?
« Reply #319 on: April 17, 2013, 07:36:46 pm »
I'm looking for an online reseller where I can buy replacement brushes for my Mia 2 for sensitive skin? May nakita ako nag-oofer na twin pack, P2000...mahal pala sya....

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close