watch now

Author Topic: Single people in their late 20s all the way to 30s  (Read 177976 times)

health.gal

  • Guest
Re: Single people in their late 20s all the way to 30s
« Reply #200 on: August 07, 2010, 10:44:44 pm »
I'm 27 turning 28 this year. I'm happily in a relationship with my first bf for 11 years (I was also his first). Okay, okay, now I can hear you asking...why do we have to wait this long, or when do we plan to get married. Its a normal question I get from everyone, and I started to get immune with it. Almost all of my peers and cousins (of my age, or even younger) are starting to settle down and tie the knot.

How do I handle the pressure? I just try my best to be as optimistic as I can be. I just try to keep in mind that some people may be pushing me too much to get married out of concern for me and my boyfie.

What's so good about being single at my age? I'm free, I don't have to trade my eyeliners for dark circles and hair treatments for pony tails, I can take long showers, I can sleep late at night and wake up late in the morning, I can go out with friends anytime I want to without worrying about the time that I have to be home, I can go shopping without thinking of any tight budget, I can concentrate more on my career life, I can watch any TV show I want to without thinking if its kid-friendly, I can prepare any meal I want at home, I can travel anywhere I want to, me and my boyfie can spend quality time together just with each other, and the list goes on and on and on...

But peeps. don't get me wrong. I'm not against family life. In fact, my ultimate dream is to have a family of my own, kids, and being a housewife. Its just that its not yet the RIGHT TIME for me (for us).

When do we (me and boyfie) plan to settle down? Probably when we're already in our early thirtys. Its a deadline we gave ourselves for enjoying being single  ;)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 01:27:18 am by health.gal »

health.gal

  • Guest
Re: Single people in their late 20s all the way to 30s
« Reply #201 on: August 08, 2010, 12:21:03 am »
^natawa naman ako sa term mo na "pang Guiness". hahaha! well, kanya-kanyang situation lang tayo sa buhay. my life is not perfect at all. dami rin akong ups and downs. whats important is our outlook in life. single, committed, in a relationship, married, divorced, annuled...it doesn't matter for as long as we are happy  :D

junetwentythree

  • Guest
Re: Single people in their late 20s all the way to 30s
« Reply #202 on: August 08, 2010, 12:41:19 am »
^^ What a sweet story @health.gal! I know a couple who was together for 10 years before they tied the knot :) Another was together for close to 15 years, they had a child then when he was a little bigger, they decided to get married. Yet another only got married after their 2 kids were old enough to be part of their wedding :) These couples are still happily together to this day and the strongest relationships I know of :)

health.gal

  • Guest
Re: Single people in their late 20s all the way to 30s
« Reply #203 on: August 08, 2010, 01:30:16 am »
^thanks sis. i also believe that there is always a supreme being aka GOD (whatever our religion may be, or whether we have a religion or not) who has better plans for us. we just have to do our best and take life as it is.

sheh-la22

  • Guest
Re: Single people in their late 20s all the way to 30s
« Reply #204 on: August 11, 2010, 11:36:07 am »
> minsan nawawalan ako ng hope........pero i keep on praying para tamang guy ang ibibigay sakin ni God... ayoko na maghanap kase namamali lang, napupunta sa ibang tao

beck19

  • Guest
Re: Single people in their late 20s all the way to 30s
« Reply #205 on: August 11, 2010, 12:27:56 pm »
^korek sis.. :) ako whenever i set my eyes on someone.. ilang months lang, taken na siya.. :)) kaya ayaw ko na rin maghanap.. well, pwedeng maghanap, but not siguro to the point na sa kanya lang titingin.. :D

tennisgirl

  • Guest
Re: Single people in their late 20s all the way to 30s
« Reply #206 on: August 11, 2010, 03:25:33 pm »
i'm already 30 and yung mga auntie ko and friends ng parents ko are pressuring me to get married na. minsan naiingit na rin ako dun sa mga batchmates ko na nagpakasal na. pero lagi kong sinasabi sa sarili ko na God will give the right person for me at the right time.  :)

c3eJ

  • Guest
Re: Single people in their late 20s all the way to 30s
« Reply #207 on: August 13, 2010, 08:25:01 pm »
im 29.. and 1 year and 4 months ng single.. hirap maka-move on after almost 4 yrs din yung pinagsamahan nyo.. i know, 16 months is like a long time na.. ganon lang siguro talaga kapag nainvest mo yung halos buong time mo sa relationship.. but i can say im happy naman.. i got to do anything i want.. walang sakit sa ulo.. LoL..

angel_lee

  • Guest
Re: Single people in their late 20s all the way to 30s
« Reply #208 on: August 16, 2010, 04:39:45 am »
pa join den hehe

bleugirl

  • Guest
Re: Single people in their late 20s all the way to 30s
« Reply #209 on: August 16, 2010, 01:34:33 pm »
hi, pa join din...

glendale

  • Guest
Re: Single people in their late 20s all the way to 30s
« Reply #210 on: August 16, 2010, 08:04:02 pm »
let's meet and greet mga single peeps!!!  ;D

noemi86

  • Guest
Re: Single people in their late 20s all the way to 30s
« Reply #211 on: August 17, 2010, 09:30:14 am »
I am still single... still waiting for my prince charming to come along hahaha pag nakita ko na talaga yun babatukan ko kasi bakit ang tagal nya kong pinag antay hahah :D

tennisgirl

  • Guest
Re: Single people in their late 20s all the way to 30s
« Reply #212 on: August 17, 2010, 11:31:34 am »
let's meet and greet mga single peeps!!!  ;D
go ako dyan sis! ;D

angeleigh

  • Guest
Re: Single people in their late 20s all the way to 30s
« Reply #213 on: August 17, 2010, 05:13:15 pm »
im 27 and my 8 year relationship ended 2 months ago.. and im happily single now, although, i can't completely say i've moved on kasi 2 months ago pa lang and it was a very painful break up. sa ngayon, masaya naman ko, although minsan naiisip ko pa din sya, i and miss my ex bf so much, 8 yrs dn pinagsamahan namin kaya hndi nman ganon kadali lang un, but its been 2 months since i haven't heard frm him, he's with some one else na dn and mukang happy nman sila.

Apir tayo sis. Ako din kakabreak lang from my ex-fiance. And yes, meron na rin siyang gf.

Eto single ulit. Kaya lang sa totoo lang nawalan na ako ng gana to go through with the getting to know each other, bf-gf stage again. Nakakapagod din pala.

Im 29yo. Mukhang magiging matandang dalaga na lang ako.

lennix

  • Guest
Re: Single people in their late 20s all the way to 30s
« Reply #214 on: August 17, 2010, 05:14:45 pm »
I'm 28, been single all my life, most of the time ayos lang, minsan malungkot at depressing

lennix

  • Guest
Re: Single people in their late 20s all the way to 30s
« Reply #215 on: August 17, 2010, 06:12:59 pm »
bakit naman kasi naghahanap pa ng lalaki eh madami naman bakla dyan na mas masarap magmahal...

Ay totoo ka jan, mas masarap kasama ang bakla. Kaya lang kasi pareho kayo ng gusto, lalaki hahahha

glendale

  • Guest
Re: Single people in their late 20s all the way to 30s
« Reply #216 on: August 17, 2010, 08:02:26 pm »
go ako dyan sis! ;D

c'mon guys! let's set a date kung kelan  ;D game? game?

ms.G

  • Guest
Re: Single people in their late 20s all the way to 30s
« Reply #217 on: August 17, 2010, 09:09:52 pm »
i'm 37 and im happily unattached. i've had my share of relationships but the last was eons ago.  the thing is i never envisioned myself being a wife. i am contented with my life that I didn’t bother taking an extra step to look for a partner. i love my life as it is right now. i have a good paying job and i can do whatever i want with time all to myself. i think the only drawback of being alone at this stage is when i want to go out for some fun and wala akong mahatak na kasama because most of my friends already have families of their own.

glendale

  • Guest
Re: Single people in their late 20s all the way to 30s
« Reply #218 on: August 17, 2010, 09:20:12 pm »
^do you have any plans of settling down pa sis? me, im scared of reaching that age still single pa din waahuhuhu

ms.G

  • Guest
Re: Single people in their late 20s all the way to 30s
« Reply #219 on: August 17, 2010, 11:50:39 pm »
^as i have said, i never envisioned myself being married. it may sound absurd to most of us here but that has always been the case even during my early 20's. di naman sa ayaw ko pero di lang talaga pumapasok sa isip ko na mag-aasawa ako. halimbawang may dumating, siguro pwedeng pag-isipan. but then it would take beyond profound affection to consider marriage.


 

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close