watch now

Author Topic: EYE HEALTH  (Read 146151 times)

mamiyeshi

  • Guest
Re: EYE HEALTH
« Reply #180 on: March 21, 2014, 03:47:41 pm »
Hi Dr. Richie,

Thank your for your response. Yes doc, lagi ko tine-test yung eyes niya sa bahay. With one eye closed, pinapabasa ko siya. Wala ako na observe na discomfort or any unusual na gestures while reading. Even yung malalayo na letters ok naman. I do it with the other eye also.

Napa check ko na din siya sa ophthalmologist (not pedia ophthal) and he checked his vision by reading on the projector (left and right eye). Ok daw ang vision niya. But he did not use the machine on checking eye grade. Ok lang po ba yun?

Even yung movement ng mata niya inobserve, per assessment wala siya nakita. Except for his eyelashes daw na madumi as seen on the other machine na may ilaw.

You think doc I'll stop worrying na? Thanks again for taking time to answer. God bless!

oshiawase

  • Guest
Re: EYE HEALTH
« Reply #181 on: March 30, 2014, 02:55:58 pm »
Hi, I am now so confused. I went to 2 different optha

The first one said I have slight astigmatism and recommended that I use glasses to correct it and that I should wear it 24 hours.

The second one (around 4 mos after the first), made no mention of astigmatism but that "may grado ang mata" ko. He said having "grado" is inborn and it is not something one develops over time. He said mine is so slight that I can survive without wearing glasses. Wearing glasses is not required.

Both of them said na nearsighted ako.

But with the conflicting diagnosis, which do I follow?

thanks!

kyuza

  • Guest
Re: EYE HEALTH
« Reply #182 on: March 30, 2014, 04:25:49 pm »
Nacu-cure ba yung mild banlag in adults?

FOURever

  • Guest
Re: EYE HEALTH
« Reply #183 on: March 31, 2014, 05:04:41 pm »
Sis mamiyeshi, weird na walang nakita ang doctor kung inobserve nya yung eye movement ng anak mo. Tama si doc, dalin mo sya sa ophtha na specialized sa strabismus cases and the likes.

sweetjobel

  • Guest
Re: EYE HEALTH
« Reply #184 on: April 03, 2014, 09:12:31 am »
meron po ba kayong iniinom na food supplement para sa eyes. thanks.

mamiyeshi

  • Guest
Re: EYE HEALTH
« Reply #185 on: April 04, 2014, 11:44:46 am »
Sis mamiyeshi, weird na walang nakita ang doctor kung inobserve nya yung eye movement ng anak mo. Tama si doc, dalin mo sya sa ophtha na specialized sa strabismus cases and the likes.

hi sis FOURever, yes will set an appointment sa ibang ophtha for second opinion. Ngayon, panay ang blink ng mata na parang laging may puwing or parang mannerism.  Observe pa din namin. Hopefully it has nothing to do with panlalabo. I still check his vision (left and right) almost everyday pinapabasa ko siya ng malayo and he manage to read naman without any discomfort. Thanks in advance for your time to answer. God bless.

FOURever

  • Guest
Re: EYE HEALTH
« Reply #186 on: April 04, 2014, 06:44:45 pm »
^i hope na temporary lang yan or madadaan sa exercise :) God bless din sis!

^^hi sis! Same tayo ng question :D i really want to drink something na makakapag alaga sa eyes natin

ilovejdy

  • Guest
Re: EYE HEALTH
« Reply #187 on: April 06, 2014, 09:29:07 pm »
any suggestions for a good eyedrop
for redness andd dryness. super init kasi
minsan feel ko dry na ng eyes ko.

kinderlola

  • Guest
Re: EYE HEALTH
« Reply #188 on: April 07, 2014, 09:37:52 pm »
Doc Richie, ask ko lang po. Last June lang po ako last nagpacheck at nagpagawa ng glasses, my grade then was -3.50 for both eyes. Recently napansin ko po parang hindi kasing clear as before yung eyesight ko (of course with my contact lens/eyeglasses), so I went to an optometrist to have it checked. She said na -4.00 na daw ako and it's not normal na tumaas sya ng additional 50 in that time span (June 2013 to Apr 2014). So I went to an opthalmologist today. He checked my eyes with my glasses on, sabi nga nya mali na nga yung grade and it is not normal for my grade to change pa since I'm already 32. I asked him what could be the cause of the increase, sabi lang nya .. may diabetes ka ba? (last time I checked, wala naman po). Hindi rin naman po ako nagincrease ng usage ng computers or TV in this time span. I left his clinic without knowing and still worried what happened to my eyes. My -3.50 grade, I had that for years. So now I'm worried, bakit nga ba lumabo ang mata ko. Should I be worried, or nangyayari naman po ito talaga?  He also recommended Lasik for me, so he wants me to go to the screening after Holy Week. Thing is, I never heard of that center he recommended (although he will be the one to do the procedure, I consult with him at Asian Hospital) and I have always wanted to check out St. Luke's when the time comes I will have this procedure done. Can you give me just an idea how much it might cost me? Screening too? I am a contact lens user, how long should I stop wearing contact lens before the screening?

TIA! :) And thank God for helpful doctors like you. :)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 09:43:07 pm by kinderlola »

Longhair

  • Guest
Re: EYE HEALTH
« Reply #189 on: June 22, 2014, 02:16:42 pm »
Hi Dr. Richie, my mother has been diagnosed with macular hole, stage 4. Do you do this kind of surgery? If so, pa-pm po how much would it cost. Otherwise, do you know a doctor who do macular hole surgery. Yung reasonable lang po yung fees please.

annpena

  • Guest
Re: EYE HEALTH
« Reply #190 on: May 25, 2015, 04:56:58 pm »
Hi. I heard of LENSAR as the latest technology to remove cataracts.

Kung LENSAR na ang new technology para sa pagtanggal ng katarata, hindi naman kaya ito masakit sa bulsa?

black_opal

  • Guest
Re: EYE HEALTH
« Reply #191 on: July 10, 2015, 07:01:05 pm »
Dr Richie,

I keep on getting styes and now, I was told I have cystic mass so I took cefalaxin for a week and tobradex ointment, meron pa din.  Irrigation nalang ba last option here?

seamans.girl

  • Guest
Re: EYE HEALTH
« Reply #192 on: July 23, 2015, 03:17:37 pm »
Halu, guys! I had a very high pressure like 3 years ago. Went to Dr. Lacsamana (yung sa Robinson's San Fernando), he gave me eye drops and oral medicines. In fairness, umayos yung glaucoma ko.

Kaso, dahil mahal yung mga gamot, nag stop ako... hirap din kasi ako mag budget. Bumabalik ba yung mataas ng eye pressure?

May migraine din ako, nag advice yung friend ko na mag salamin, kaso wala naman sinabi ophta ko na kelangan ko magsalamin.

Super frequent na migraine ko, tapos mararamdaman ko mata ko na mag shake or gagalaw ng di ko namamalayan.

sarah012

  • Guest
Re: EYE HEALTH
« Reply #193 on: August 01, 2015, 05:12:33 pm »
sis help! i have a poor eye sight plus naduduling na ako most of the time. can you suggest a good eye clinic with affordable prices? i wanna buy correctional glasses kasi. thanks!

xtine

  • Guest
Re: EYE HEALTH
« Reply #194 on: March 28, 2017, 01:35:46 pm »
Hello Sisses,

Just want to ask if is it safe to take 20 mg of lutein?  Currently, I am always on my computer almost 12 hours a day.  Then also using cellphone until bedtime. 

Is it safe to take 20 mg of lutein for 30s like me?  Thank you!

Dr.Richie

  • Guest
Re: EYE HEALTH
« Reply #195 on: April 15, 2017, 10:53:09 pm »
Hi ! Sorry for the late reply. Just got back to answering forums.   Here we go :)
@xtine
Lutein is a pigment found in your retina that decreases with age. SOME people, when they are old, have retina problems associated with decreased Lutein (and other pigments). To prevent this, people may take Lutein. To answer your question, it's okay. It has nothing to do with any of your activities at the moment. Just don't expect to get anything out of it IF your eyes are normal at this point.

Dr.Richie

  • Guest
Re: EYE HEALTH
« Reply #196 on: April 15, 2017, 11:18:28 pm »
@ little.black.dress.lover

Just in case you are still here... Yes, usually bumabalik ang mataas eye pressure. Depending on the type of glaucoma, usually there is NO cure. just like diabetes and hypertension, it can only be controlled. Please see an ophthalmologist for reassessment asap.

@black_opal
sometimes yes.

@annpena
The Lensar technology is one of the newer lasers we use to HELP remove cataracts. Although it allows us to do cataract surgery safer and with more accuracy, It can't remove a cataract by itself. Unfortunately, there is an additional cost for the service.

xtine

  • Guest
Re: EYE HEALTH
« Reply #197 on: April 16, 2017, 09:47:42 pm »
Hi ! Sorry for the late reply. Just got back to answering forums.   Here we go :)
@xtine
Lutein is a pigment found in your retina that decreases with age. SOME people, when they are old, have retina problems associated with decreased Lutein (and other pigments). To prevent this, people may take Lutein. To answer your question, it's okay. It has nothing to do with any of your activities at the moment. Just don't expect to get anything out of it IF your eyes are normal at this point.

Thank you Dr Richie!! appreciate it very much!

omneecka

  • Guest
Re: EYE HEALTH
« Reply #198 on: May 27, 2017, 01:08:18 pm »
hi to all!

would you know how much is the cataract surgery package nowadays in eye clinics other than american eye?

got below package and we are looking for alternative since its too costly:

surgery 70k
lense 15k
total is 85k

philhealth will cover only 16k for the operation and no coverage for the lense. no senior citizen discount also for the lense.

appreciate your help sisses if u know lower package.

thank u!

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close