Author Topic: Suggestions on Progressive Schools  (Read 138029 times)

blueberrycheesecake

• GirlTalker
    • I am bloggerhappy.
Re: Suggestions on Progressive Schools
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2011, 09:41:05 pm »
^ay no, not regular naman. kahit quarterly activity lang or 2x in a school year. like when they're learning about measurements, etc.

It's ok, I'm looking for grade school for SY2013/2014 pa. Although I'm thinking if we should transfer next year for Prep, or sa grade 1 na nga. Thanks for the info.
I am bloggerhappy and berryscrappy.
Free wordpress themes here and here.

carmel

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2011, 10:37:41 pm »
^Maybe you can try their preschool first. There they have cooking activities sometimes. The field trips depend on the kids and their parents. Like, if there's a parent who is a baker, they go for a site visit and they also have those Ocean Adventure field trips sometimes, depending on age. But one thing, during field trips, walang paying yun school unlike some schools I know na super expensive ang mag field trip. For transept kasi, either one of the parents volunteer their van if they have and pay minimal fee for gas. They had a Greenwhich pizza making activity in store and they were charged what green which charges, no mark up or added charges from the school.

oktoberfest22

• Aggrieved.
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2011, 09:47:13 pm »
^^ maliit talaga ang Nest school sis. I mean, maliliit na ang progressive schools than trad schools, pero naliitan pa rin ako sa space ng Nest. My daughter spent one year there in kinder.

I suggest that you visit the schools you're interested in so that you could have a feel of the place.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 09:49:37 pm by oktoberfest22 »
Be careful. Big Brother is watching...

blueberrycheesecake

• GirlTalker
    • I am bloggerhappy.
« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2011, 10:00:02 pm »
^actually my daughter's been in a progressive preschool for 2 years now, so mas sanay din sya sa maliit na school (size).

big school lang ang tawag ko sa grade school when i explain to her that she's moving up to another school. I'm just preparing her for she'll be leaving the school after prep.  ;)
I am bloggerhappy and berryscrappy.
Free wordpress themes here and here.

gulaysk

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2011, 10:38:37 pm »
^sis carmel, TLT grade school has a qualifying exam even for those students from TLT preschool? Would you know how many students they admit in grade 1?

My kid is in Raya (inc grade 1) and he's super duper happy there. Just curious about TLT cause I've heard good reviews about the school.

carmel

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2011, 11:49:22 pm »
Yes, my son has been at TLT since he was in Vertical (pre nursery) and he still had to take the entrance exams. Hay. Stress Drilon! Haha. Good thing he passed. I think it's because they only accept the top 20% of those who passed. During the test day there were so many kids who took the entrance exam. And most of the kids from the preschool takes the test but unfortunately not all pass.

pinkcoyote

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #66 on: April 20, 2011, 06:39:18 am »
is there a progressive school na all-girls?

gulaysk

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #67 on: April 20, 2011, 07:56:30 am »
^^Stress drilon nga yan. Hehe. Medyo tough din pala makapasok sa gradeschool ng TLT.

marose17

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #68 on: April 20, 2011, 08:08:26 am »
@pink, Poveda is a progressive school daw.

carmel

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #69 on: April 20, 2011, 12:06:51 pm »
^marose. Di naman yata progressive school per se and Poveda. Traditional school pa rin Baka now mas progressive Lang yun curriculum.

marose17

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #70 on: April 20, 2011, 12:12:13 pm »
^ Ay oo that is what I meant.  If compared to other girls' school, mas progressive rather than traditional ang Poveda. 

Also, my friend said walang homework.  Any extra work kasi na assigned ng teacher, the kids do during their homeroom period.  So wala na silang ginagawa sa bahay. 

Carmel, sa TLT ba sina Frankie and Miel of Sharon and Kiko?

pinkcoyote

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #71 on: April 20, 2011, 04:14:34 pm »
^true? Sa TLT kids ni sharon?

Re: all girls, well it was just a thought..sana merong progressive school na exclusive then parang finishing school na din for young girls :)

oktoberfest22

• Aggrieved.
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #72 on: April 20, 2011, 07:17:22 pm »
^^Yup, sa TLT ang kids nila Sharon and Kiko. They're Christian kasi, and TLT is a Christian school.

Actually kahit sa ibang progressive schools maraming anak ng celebs.
Be careful. Big Brother is watching...

carmel

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #73 on: April 21, 2011, 01:23:17 am »
^yes. Miel and Frankie both went to TLT preschool and now in Grade school. Incoming grade 1 si Miel. TLT is a Christian school but not all the students there are Christian. That's the nice thing about TLT kahit kanino pang anak yan, pantay panty naman.
Here's what made me stick to TLT. Ayan, given na nabanggit na the Pangilinan kids... Kahit na may super high profile kids that go there, can you believe walang security guard ang TLT? They have a Manong who has been with them for 25 years that secures the gate. It's such a tight community so, people know who will pick up each child. And even if there were times my kids weren't picked up til late, I felt very safe because nobody bullies them in the Playground and someone stays with them until they get picked up.

pinkcoyote

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #74 on: April 21, 2011, 10:11:29 am »
oh..just like my daughter's school, they dont have guard kasi konti lang naman kids, the teacher aides know na and familiar w/ the fetchers and even the car/plate numbers. And they peek muna sa gate before they open it.

Sorry to ask...but i am curious kasi since it's on my list come my daughter's prep/gradeschool for 2012, medyo naintimidate ako sa Pangilinan kids hehe.. How much tuition fee range sa TLT?

gulaysk

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #75 on: April 22, 2011, 11:10:00 am »
^When we asked last year, I think it's around 80K for grade 1, tama ba carmel?

carmel

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #76 on: April 22, 2011, 05:00:55 pm »
^ less than 80k. I'll find out the exact amount next week since enrollment na. TLT is unlike other schools that just wanna make a buck and that's it. I remember growing up I went to a traditional catholic school and my mom would never buy school supplies in school kasi mataas ang mark up. So that was what I did with my first child. But when I got the list and did my own school supplies shopping, it turned out more expensive! From then on, I just bought all our stuff in TLT. I mean I'm sure they make money because it's still a business pero di mo mararamdaman na tinataga ka na sa presto. It's always reasonable and never naging exxag.

jaiaquino

• Junior GirlTalker
  • Aching to be a full time mom to my Mckenzie Bianca
    • McKenzie's Little Shop
« Reply #77 on: April 22, 2011, 06:27:04 pm »
Nakakalungkot that most of the really good progressive schools are in QC and they're tuition fees are pretty reasonable. Here in makati, super mahal na, Hindi ka pa sure sa quality. Location pa man din ang one of the first things we should consider. Ayoko namang more than 1 hour ang travel time ng anak ko.

So far isa pa Lang nakikita ko na reasonably priced yet with very good reviews. Malamang dun ko I-enroll daughter ko next year.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 06:32:18 pm by jaiaquino »

mommyniuja

• GirlTalker
  • happy and contented, mom of 3👍👌👍👌
    • http://babyclothes4sale.multiply.com/
« Reply #78 on: April 22, 2011, 06:46:17 pm »
Nakakalungkot that most of the really good progressive schools are in QC and they're tuition fees are pretty reasonable. Here in makati, super mahal na, Hindi ka pa sure sa quality. Location pa man din ang one of the first things we should consider. Ayoko namang more than 1 hour ang travel time ng anak ko.

So far isa pa Lang nakikita ko na reasonably priced yet with very good reviews. Malamang dun ko I-enroll daughter ko next year.
hi sis! ano pong school yon, i have 2 girls kasi, were planning to enroll in early achievers bel air next week, pero try ko din icheck yung school na nakita mo. thanks in advance!
My new prince, ALESSANDRO!

jessica

• Senior GirlTalker
    • Longchamp bags, Victoria's Secret Fragrances, Hermes EDP
« Reply #79 on: April 22, 2011, 06:50:53 pm »
Interesting ang TLT. Sis mahirap ba pumasok dun ng grade school, yung grade school branch nila ang medyo malapit samin, tumatanggap ba sila ng transferee, and what age ba usually start ng grade school, 6 yo?

My toddler (3yo by July) will attend the sy 11-12 @ Gingerbread House of Learning (Progressive school), P70 full payment, installent basis is also available, two payments = P73, quarterly payment = P76, if monthly naman total will be P80. But i'm still (always) in search for an alternative school.

Thanks in advance :)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 07:02:16 pm by jessica »

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close