Author Topic: Your ex boyfriend suddenly contacts you what should you do?  (Read 32657 times)

pinkcrayolas

Your ex boyfriend suddenly contacts you what should you do?
« on: November 02, 2009, 07:50:13 am »
Hi! Just wondering. Your ex boyfriend cheated on you before but you only found out he was with another girl after your break up. ( of course they were together since you guys were still together ) anyway after years of no contact, he suddenly contacts me through facebook.  What's up with that? i don't know if i should reply or not? I really need advice.  I'm torn between answering and not answering.

hot_pink

• GirlTalker
  • in denial
Re: Your ex boyfriend suddenly contacts you what should you do?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 03:59:48 pm »
same thing happened to me in the past, nakita rin nya ko pero sa friendster naman.. i added him as a friend. nung una ayoko sya i-add, but i realized baka isipin nya galit pa rin ako at hindi pa naka-move on that's why inadd ko na sya hehe... we exchange messages thru Friendster (ayaw ko ibigay cel no ko) but i don't take everything he says seriously now (like i missed you, nagsisisi ako blah blah) im cool with it and stay civil with him hehe...   
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 05:53:06 am by hot_pink »
Someday my prince will come

pinkcrayolas

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 10:20:23 pm »
Hindi na ako galit sa kanya eh pero NR nalang ako .
nagulat lang talaga ako , bakit kaya siya nag contact. yun po yung gusto ko malman. feeling ko nga po may kailangan or parang may masamang balak eh  :-\

p0g1ng

• GUYTalker
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 03:05:16 am »
^bakit? ???... who would know? only he has the  answers.

why do you need to know? what for?

it bothers you?... then, simply ignore him.

the word for today is D-E-A-D-M-A ;)

hot_pink

• GirlTalker
  • in denial
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 06:08:37 am »
i don't think NR ka gaya ng sinasabi mo, kasi affected ka by a message by your ex. nowadays its possible for any ex- to find  his past gf/bf thru FB and other similar networks. kahit nga ko, i admit looking at their pages just to see how they are or how they look now. but that doesn't mean gusto ko makipagbalikan or gusto ko sila i-stalk. reply to his message, then ask him what he wants from you to know his intentions (para matahimik ka).. If you don't like what he'd tell you, simply ignore him in the future.
Someday my prince will come

Paulo

• GUYTalker
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 06:12:59 pm »
Since you're curious about his intentions, then I say "reply".

Puwede ngang may masamang balak nga yon. Puwede rin namang wala. Puwedeng, ... well I think one of the basic functions of Facebook as a social network is to keep people in touch. We do seek out people we know using that very medium.

I say answer him, keep it short, and take it from there. Sabi nga ni Hot Pink you can ignore him naman in the future. What do you have to lose?
Expecting the World to treat you fairly just because you are a good person is a lot like expecting a Bull not to Charge just because you're vegetarian.

babyjapnurse01

• a fulltime HeadTurner & BigSpender
  • Super GirlTalker
  • the gawjus RN! :)
    • The Pink Thought Bubble
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 11:50:37 pm »
i agree with Paulo, since you wanna know why he suddenly tried to communicate -- reply.

but i have to disagree sa statement ni threadstarter,
di ka NR sis, apektado ka eh, NR kung dineadma mo sha as if you didnt see that message from him.

ganito lang yan, if youre taken, know your limits.

theres nothing wrong naman about replying. it doesnt imply naman na he sent a message=he wants you back and mas lalong di naman na nagreply ka=you still like/love him, kaya di ka kelangan mag dalawang isip kung magrereply ka ba or not.. malay mo gusto lang talaga mangamusta or maging friends kayo.. possible naman yun.

whatever his intentions are bahala na sha dun, if he wants you back, its still your call, ikaw padin makakapagdecide kung accept or reject and ignore, if he just wants to communicate and mangamusta, then okay. :) walang mawawala right? :)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 12:26:57 am by babyjapnurse01 »
Free speech carries with it some freedom to listen.

http://twitter.com/BabyJapDoll
The Pink Thought Bubble

BACKREAD!! NO Excuses!
[textspeak!] = MODiFY your post!

pinkcrayolas

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2009, 07:26:27 am »
I guess you guys are right. There are pros and cons to replying to his message.  I've been thinking about it yesterday and i believe i won't reply anymore.  I remembered how our breakout was and it wasn't nice at all because even when I was suppose to have a proper closure with our relationship he lied about everything he said. ( i got that from a reliable source ) so i guess it's better to leave the past behind.

Thank you though for taking the time to reply to my post :)

FOURever

• My username does not fit me anymore :X
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Anything could happen.
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2009, 07:50:20 am »
tulad ng sabi ko sa isa mong thread, sweet revenge. hehe! what i did was accepted him in my facebook then we had a chance to talk and clear things up, minsan kasi honest na sila pag wala na kayo. pero ako kasi naramdaman kong may plan siya and i do not want to be involved with him anymore, i do not want to be so straight in dumping him again, kaya what i did was "i acted civil towards him but dumped him again without him knowing" hanggang sa narealize niya himself that we cant really be together again nor be friends.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 07:53:26 am by FOURever »
I like games well played :)

pinkcrayolas

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2009, 05:50:16 pm »
but i wasn't the one who dumped him.  i was the dumpee not the dumper :P

FOURever

• My username does not fit me anymore :X
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Anything could happen.
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2009, 08:08:33 pm »
^then the best way is just to ignore him. someday, you'll find someone better than him. :)
I like games well played :)

dej

• a registered nurse, a mom, a wife and a
  • GirlTalker
    • twitter
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2009, 12:41:55 pm »
ang nangyari naman saken add niya ako sa friendster, dedma na lang kase ayoko na makipagcommunicate tapos syempre baka magalit pa si hub.. tapos last week lang ka-chat ko cousin niya,ask ako kung pwede daw ako add ng ex ko sa ym.. sabi ko wag na lang niya ibigay ym ID ko.. mas mabuti na yun..
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 03:06:01 pm by dej »
If you’re trying to achieve, there will be roadblocks. I’ve had them; everybody has had them. But obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

yujin08

• Probationary
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2009, 11:58:43 am »

Just to share my experience. It also happened to me last September. After 7 years of no communication, he called me. He went to our house and asked for my mobile number (I'm already here in Manila).

What you should do?- Just be yourself be natural like he was an old acquaintance that you saw in facebook. If you were added as a friend then accept the invitation. Be civil and straight to him. If he wants you back, then it's up to you now! The ball is in your hand. Just remember once a cheater, always a cheater.  :)

Avril

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2009, 03:53:56 pm »
ganyan din nangyari sakin.

my ex contacted me thru fb and email 3 months post breakup due to his third party. gusto makipagbalikan at nagsisisi. so I gave it a shot.
3 weeks after, ako naman ang nakipag hiwalay kasi hindi ko matiis yung betrayal na nangyari.

kung due to cheating ang cause ng break-up nyo, i advice wag nyo bigyan ng 2nd chance pa ang ex.
Matatanggap nyo sya at first pero as days go by, mapaparanoid ka lang and you would wish single ka na lang uli with peace of mind  ;)

and the old saying goes, Once a cheater , always a cheater. What will make him stop from doing it again?  ;)

geminitalks

• GirlTalker
  • " Joie de Vivre is in the heart"
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2009, 11:41:43 pm »
..it happened to me din just recently...

he texted me @ talagang nagpakilala pa na siya and reminded me of a certain date...hindi ko pinatulan baka sabihin ay assuming ako. he already told her gf before na i was only a friend nothing more....

then he said the word anniversary...so i'm like "what's with these, why bring this up after years of being out of my sight...ayun hanggang humantong ang usapan sa past and since deadma ako...he became hurtful na!

ginawa ko hindi na ako nagtext back...i realized there that i was better off without him....

although i want to be civil and friendly because life is to short to stay mad all the time, tayo din ang talo! let's
move on and take on what life have to give to us....
...I was afraid to get hurt,
       to be rejected again
          but there i landed
           & don't know how
                to stop the pain...
                                    gemini101607

ashleycole

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2009, 05:58:31 pm »
ako naman ay sa fs ako nahanap ng ex ko after 2 yrs. na wala kaming balita sa isat isa..nag leave sya ng message at nangamusta tapos gusto nya akong e-add sa fs nya pero di ako pumayag instead ang ym na lang ibinigay ko. Sya pa naman yong sobra kong iniyakan kaya at first di ko alam kong ano talaga ang dapat gawin, well nung maisip ko yong dapat at pinakiramdam ko ang sarili ko kung may feelings pa ba ako sa kanya and im thankful naman na wala na kaya natural na lang sa akin na kausap sya sa ym.. :D
EDD September 12, 2015 :)

andreanatividad

• GirlTalker
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2009, 07:37:23 pm »
i think if you've moved on completely, then okay lang to be friends with him. if he has hidden agenda like getting back with you, then problem na niya yun, basta sa yo, wala ka nang feelings sa kanya

mahirap lang naman maging friends with an ex if someone still likes the other

otherwise, sana ma salvage ang friendship, sayang din naman  pinagsamahan nyo.

wickedorange

• GirlTalker
  • Hello there!
    • Portrait House
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2009, 12:07:25 pm »
Why does that still bother you?

He's just an ex. I don't see anything wrong with adding him up as a friend. Unless serial killer yan or something...
"Don't worry about failures, worry about the chances you miss when you don't even try." - Jack Canfield

i_am_sweet

• GUYtalker
  • I know you want me.
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2009, 04:32:56 pm »
Kung wala ka nang issues with him there's nothing wrong adding him up as a friend but if you're not comfortable with it then don't.

hushbaby

• Junior GirlTalker
  • iLaugh with every breath. iLove as long as I live.
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2009, 05:31:02 pm »
same thing happened to me, after 2 months bigla sya nagsorry and nakikipagbalikan pero ang hirap pag wala na talaga yung trust.. parang lagi na lang maiisip yung ginawa nya ..hoh well..
live. love. laugh.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close