watch now

Author Topic: BRANDED ka ba?  (Read 171776 times)

lyn

  • Guest
Re: BRANDED ka ba?
« Reply #160 on: June 11, 2010, 02:22:27 am »
I'm not into brands. Depende lang if it was on sale and I can afford it. I'll buy it. :) And I am a practical buyer, I want the best quality but it doesnt have to be branded basta maganda at matibay and how long it will last yun ang bibilhin ko.

Mostly the branded bags, shoes and clothes I have are given by my oldest sister. She's the one who is brand conscious but she can find a great deals, coupons and savings though on the net or mail. She also looks if the quality of the material, usefulness and how much it will be for reselling cost. That way, she'll get back some of the money she spent. Like ex: she got this totally expensive Prada bag only for $600 original retail price was $1200+. She got a 50% off and she profit when she resell it after a few months of use. (That means may bagong model/style available) She can tell if it's genuine or not. So if I find something I like I let her know first and let her see and she'll find a better deal for me.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 02:25:07 am by lyn »

cher_lee411

  • Guest
Re: BRANDED ka ba?
« Reply #161 on: June 15, 2010, 09:51:55 pm »
Clothes - combination of branded and generic run-of-the-mill clothes.  I buy from tiangge and boutiques.  I'm very particular with quality.  So whether tiangge or boutique I look for quality of workmanship.

Shoes - mid brand and designer plus very few local brands

Makeup - I own makeup from Maybelline and NYX to Shiseido, MAC, Estee Lauder and Chanel =) not much but very diverse.  Unfortunately I don't buy local brands for fear of lead content etc etc

Bags - branded... mainly due to quality and durability

Watch - branded... for quality and resale value (in case I need to dispose and replace in the future)

I might appear as brand conscious but it's not to show off but I'm more concerned of the quality.

marge070407

  • Guest
Re: BRANDED ka ba?
« Reply #162 on: June 21, 2010, 06:12:53 pm »
1.shirts/tees- branded mga bebe, lacoste, a/x
2.blouses/dresses-depends sa design kahit hindi branded okay lang hehe
3.shoes/slippers/footwear- branded
4. accesories - not branded but stylish ones.
5. bags- branded pa din kasi hilig ko talaga magcollect ng branded bags.
6. watches- branded also
7. makeup/cosmetics/perfumes-branded
8 pants- anything stylish. okay na ako sa tiangge

ysa.belle

  • Guest
Re: BRANDED ka ba?
« Reply #163 on: June 23, 2010, 10:13:18 am »
Hirap kasi sa mga branded bags or anything na branded eh ang daming knock offs. Que Lacoste, Burberry, LV (super dami), Gucci. Pati nga Girbaud may fake na rin. Minsan nakakapanghinayang bumili ng Original na bags kase saksakan ng dami ang merong fake.

maine

  • Guest
Re: BRANDED ka ba?
« Reply #164 on: June 28, 2010, 07:31:04 am »
Minsan nakakapanghinayang bumili ng Original na bags kase saksakan ng dami ang merong fake.
You're so right, nakakainis na nga din minsan bumili lalo na if you'll see its almost the same talaga with the ones you have that are really authentic.. kaya minsan before I buy, I checked muna kung ano ang mga lumabas na fake nila para surely I will not buy the same style na din.

mika

  • Guest
Re: BRANDED ka ba?
« Reply #165 on: June 30, 2010, 10:37:16 pm »
definitely especially with my bags. although with clothes, okay lang naman kahit anong brand as long as okay yung quality, fit and design. :)

CKK

  • Guest
Re: BRANDED ka ba?
« Reply #166 on: July 03, 2010, 10:40:54 am »
I'm very much brand-conscious when it comes to shoes, bags, make-up, and gadgets.

As for clothes, I wouldn't mind buying at tiangges and dept. stores (there are a lot of good finds here if you have a sharp eye for quality items anyway), but if I can afford it and I believe it's an investment piece, I'd go for branded clothing also.

bronze

  • Guest
Re: BRANDED ka ba?
« Reply #167 on: July 04, 2010, 02:49:35 pm »
I buy only the best! I wear sporty stuff most of the time so it's easy to figure out where I go to shop. :)

prisma

  • Guest
Re: BRANDED ka ba?
« Reply #168 on: July 04, 2010, 10:20:34 pm »
Hirap kasi sa mga branded bags or anything na branded eh ang daming knock offs. Que Lacoste, Burberry, LV (super dami), Gucci. Pati nga Girbaud may fake na rin. Minsan nakakapanghinayang bumili ng Original na bags kase saksakan ng dami ang merong fake.

This is the world we live in, maraming fake sa lahat..shoes, bag, clothes...but so?   

iamdelicious

  • Guest
Re: BRANDED ka ba?
« Reply #169 on: July 05, 2010, 04:19:01 am »
nung nasa pinas ako mahilig nako sa branded items but i can't afford to buy those stuff. dito sa NY lahat ng branded nabibili ko na... and more than i want..

maya_bongco

  • Guest
Re: BRANDED ka ba?
« Reply #170 on: July 05, 2010, 07:07:15 pm »
im really into brands. i spend mostly on bags..only LV and chanel and hopefully hermes. On clothes, i usually buy from boutiques like zara , promod and mango. and for work ,i go for black shop.. though it's really quite expensive, but the quality is uncomparable from the usual things i saw sa mga bazaar and dept store. for shoes,  i settle for aldo and Charles and keith. im not a make up person, but some of stuffs i have were from mac.

mag168

  • Guest
Re: BRANDED ka ba?
« Reply #171 on: July 09, 2010, 01:23:11 pm »
I have never been a branded person because department stores also sell similar styles to those from big brands (but of course sans the good quality and texture of the material). But sometimes department stores do not have certain styles of clothes which I like. That is when I buy from boutiques. Favorite brands would include MNG, Zara, Bayo, Mjphosis. For shoes, I always go for Vincci/VNC or Nose (Malaysia).

sugar2578

  • Guest
Re: BRANDED ka ba?
« Reply #172 on: July 22, 2010, 01:57:59 pm »
i'm not a branded person, most of my branded things came from friends and relatives as a gift and some are freebies from cc...

gifts from relatives and friends, which is thankful talaga ako kasi if ako ang tatanungin, hindi ako bibili ng ganito... J&J ok na ako eh... hehe
1.max factor, clinique, estee lauder, elizabeth arden make-up set
2.guess watch
3.esprit & gap bags

freebies from cc
1. mango watch
2. kenneth cole waller
3. timex watch

and naniniwala ako na wala yan sa brand, nasa nagdadala yan... hehe

Romina

  • Guest
Re: BRANDED ka ba?
« Reply #173 on: July 25, 2010, 01:30:00 pm »
No. Im ok with Forevr21, H&M, Ross, TJmaxx. If over $50 na ang isang top, i think twice before buying it. Pag other things, like furnitures, it doesnt have to be branded pero i read reviews muna before buying something for my house.

Vera

  • Guest
Re: BRANDED ka ba?
« Reply #174 on: July 31, 2010, 03:03:12 pm »
Not exactly. I have cheap clothes, bags and shoes and I have brand name items as well. It depends if I foresee using the item for a long time or not. For classic items, usually brand name. Pag seasonal, cheapo items, which I don't mind at all. I have shoes that I bought for $10 -- something I wear everyday -- and handbags for $10 -- something I use everyday. I also have expensive handbag and shoes. I have $3 sunglasses from SM and I also have brand name ones.

If trendy items, I buy cheap and I can really go for the cheapest items. Kasi alam ko, after summer for example, di ko na magagamit. On the other hand, I have brand name items that last for 5 years. They're classic so walang problema.

For branded items, I watch out for deals. I love closeout sales -- that's when I get the items at 50 - 70% off. This way, I choose brand name items over cheap items because the prices are almost the same. Example, a dress at Target is $39 ... sometimes I can get a Michael Kors dress for that price. And for a Kate Spade handbag naman, I sometimes get at 50% off. I even bough Jimmy Choo for $200 when the original price was $1,300. I mean these are good deals. I also tried selling some of my items and made money from them pa kahit gamit na. Me, I seldom pay for the actual price unless it's LV.

For gadgets, if it's not Apple, I won't use it.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 03:09:03 pm by Vera »

toocrazy

  • Guest
Re: BRANDED ka ba?
« Reply #175 on: August 08, 2010, 10:03:32 pm »
generally i wouldn't consider myself a brand-conscious person - i can easily buy from tiangges as easily i would in boutiques. mostly it depends on what the item is for - investment or for a season. as a loose rule - classic designs i usually buy branded. for me kasi it's more about the design more than the label.

if anything shoes mostly i buy branded - my shoes have to be both stylish and comfortable so i don't mind spending thousands on shoes especially ones that are classic.

my bags are mostly branded but not luxury brands - am very clumsy with bags so i feel bad spending 30K++ on a bag i'll most def not care for as much as i should.

clothes are about 1) fit and then 2) purpose which defines where i buy them. i usually have branded and unbranded options for every type of clothing depending on the criteria for purchase.

cosmetics/make-up are usually branded. same goes for perfume. accessories are mostly branded but mid-level because like bags, i end up stuffing them in my drawers after i get tired of them. jewelries not part of the equation, different thing altogether.

gadgets most definitely have to be branded. all the accessories have to be appropriately branded. like if i need a new ipod/iphone/laptop charger it has to be Apple. i won't work with generics.

hitomigurl

  • Guest
Re: BRANDED ka ba?
« Reply #176 on: August 23, 2010, 03:03:42 am »
i think i am kasi i go for quality and usually it comes with the branded stuff...

SheDevil!

  • Guest
Re: BRANDED ka ba?
« Reply #177 on: August 23, 2010, 04:33:50 am »
 :)
   I love designer clothes & bags! I only pay retail for premium designer
bags but for clothes and shoes, I wait when they go on sale!!!

 ;)

pullandbear

  • Guest
Re: BRANDED ka ba?
« Reply #178 on: August 23, 2010, 08:12:26 am »
not really and i seldom buy an item that is not on sale :D

candy_tone

  • Guest
Re: BRANDED ka ba?
« Reply #179 on: September 01, 2010, 06:53:11 pm »
i splurge on bags because it has to be sturdy and would last a long time. Brands i love - Gucci, LV, Dooney & Borke, Coach, Juicy Couture

Gadgets- definitely branded like Mac and Sony

Makeup brands - Bobbi Brown, MAC, Paul & Joe, NARS, Guerlain

Clothes- a mix of branded and unbranded sometimes i shop at greenhills tiangge

Watch- Charriol

Shoes- Fitflops, VNC

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close