Author Topic: Anti-Aging Tips and Products  (Read 166138 times)

mrs.S.

• S H A W T Y M◎mma ✿ L♡ving Wifey ✿ Air Hockey,Yoga,"List"-L♡vin' ✿ Kinda☺ DiY FaBu
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • Destiny is the bridge you build to the one you LUV
Your BEST Anti-aging regimen
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2010, 12:17:38 am »
Are you taking any anti-aging supplements or using creams etc , share your anti-aging rituals here.

brit_brit

• GirlTalker
  • always busy!
Re: Your BEST Anti-aging regimen
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2010, 08:55:00 am »
hay sis dami eh....im 29 btw
Supplements: vitamin C with rosehips, Mejji Collagen and Mosbeau Placenta.
Skin: Sunblock is a must, tretinoin, Masks every other day, too many skin care products but the three i listed above are important.
Body: Exercise for 2 hours 4x a week

taleebin

• Future Designer.
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2010, 09:33:53 am »
collagen drinks, sunscreen, lots of fluid intake and lastly, pinaka mahirap hanapin at magkaron... peace of mind!! walang sinabi ang mga beauty prods kung stress ka.

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2010, 10:01:09 am »
For me, a feasible & good anti-aging regimen is composed of the following:

Laugh, Love, Work;
          Spend below your means, but Spend!;
Get MAD when productive and required;
          Drink Coke Light (Coke adds life daw eh),
Consume Chocolates, lots (accdg to U8MYPINKCOOKIES, chocs are the main food groups);
          Stay Away from , do Not Listen to,  &/or do Not Read -- People who do not add to your knowledge, joy &/or equanimity, and are just negative or out to rain on your parade; and
          1 Centrum tab each day.

mrs.S.

• S H A W T Y M◎mma ✿ L♡ving Wifey ✿ Air Hockey,Yoga,"List"-L♡vin' ✿ Kinda☺ DiY FaBu
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • Destiny is the bridge you build to the one you LUV
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2010, 04:24:08 am »
thanks sa mga nag post... i love your inputs

prettybarbie

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2010, 04:43:10 am »
sunscreen everyday moisturizer every night

miss_dibly

• Boop Boop A Doop!
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • Stop bitchin' Start lovin'!
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2010, 06:11:21 am »
moisturize daily and I apply milk topically everyday. :)
--THE MORE YOU KNOW, THE MORE YOU'LL REALIZE HOW LESS YOU KNOW.--

katcee

• Probationary
Re: Anti-Aging Products
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2010, 12:10:01 pm »
Try Olay age defying soap, smooth sha sa skin :) Meron daw silang swap event this Sunday sa SM North. :)

Heavenly_Bliss

• GirlTalker
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2010, 04:00:28 pm »
^ i love that soap too.. ayoko magcompare sana pero for review na rin mas gusto ko ito kaysa sa dove kasi di siya mabilis matunaw at di siya malagkit unlike dove ilang banlaw na soapy pa rin para sa akin..
I place everything in your hands.♥

khymm

• Super GirlTalker
    • Shopcoholic for Makeup
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2010, 04:11:27 pm »
Im using Hype glutha-c spf 25, anti-aging sha plus may kojic & glutathione. Bumili din ako ng Celeteque ginamit ko sa undereyes kasi dami kong fine lines, wala pa namang visible results coz been using it for a week pa.

eloisaco

• GirlTalker
    • kikaysimaria
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2010, 08:52:39 pm »
may napanalunan ako anti-aging products. nagwo-worry lang ako, is it okay to use it kahit 19 palang ako? may mga nagsasabi sakin masama daw, though i don't know bakit. help me sis. sayang kasi. i really want to use it kaso hindi ako sure. thanks

starchaser18

• GirlTalker
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2010, 09:14:29 pm »
at what age ba recommended to use yung olay total effects? :)

Missy Jasmine

• Probationary
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2010, 10:58:54 am »
Hi mga sis..I am using Oslee Rosehip Beauty Solution III for one month,nagustuhan ko talaga siya kasi yung acne scars ko nagsimula nang mag fade at na notice ko na naging pinkish na ang mukha ko.
Beauty of style and harmony and grace and good rhythm depend on simplicity.

khriseeee

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2010, 05:45:09 pm »
I'm considering buying SKII but only the essence. What else should I get to maximize the effects?

marge070407

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2010, 05:59:56 pm »
i tried the la prarie and creme de lamer pero and it really work wonders :) A bit pricey but its worth it naman. I tried clinique before okay naman pero parang ang slow ng effect. I bought veld's age killer here and still waiting for the full results (so far so good)

snowyice

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2010, 06:00:32 pm »
I've tried diffrent brands for anti-aging simula sa pinakamura hanggang sa pinakamahal 10k for moisturizer lang   ;D but only found a product na naka minimize ng lines ko in a snap and that is DLC skincare  ;D

ilovedlc

• GirlTalker
INGREDIENTS TO LOOK FOR TO COMBAT WRINKLES
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2010, 07:13:42 pm »
Leading anti aging skin care ingredients

The best way to know whether you are holding an effective wrinkle cream is to turn it around and look at the ingredients. Most anti aging skin care products don't have ingredients which have been tested to reduce wrinkles. They contain ingredients which condition and moisturize skin; this has little to do with reducing wrinkles. In order to find the best wrinkle cream your product should have anti aging ingredients. Key wrinkle reducer ingredients are Argireline, Matrixyl, and Retinol. Here's why:

Argireline ( acetyl hexapeptide-3)

Argireline is one of the best anti aging ingredients because it works to relax facial tensions that contribute to wrinkles. Similar to the effects of BOTOX® injections, argireline reduces wrinkles and lines by releasing muscle tension. However, argireline is superior because it can be applied directly on all your wrinkles. Botulinum toxin, on the other hand, has restrictions which allow for injections on limited areas of the face.

Because argireline can be applied anywhere on the face it delivers promising results for overall wrinkle reduction on the face. In fact, one study points to a 30% reduction in wrinkle size after only 30 days of using argireline or its generic equivalent, acetyl hexapeptide-3.

Matrixyl (palmitoyl pentapeptide-3)

Matrixyl is the trademark name for palmitoyl pentapeptide-3, one of the powerful peptide molecules found in anti aging skin care products. Matrixyl works by stimulating collagen production in skin. As you may know, lost collagen in aging skin contributes to fine lines and wrinkles. An increase of collagen makes all the difference to plump skin and smooth out wrinkles. Matrixyl is very powerful in that it promotes an incredible amount of collagen in the skin; so much that it can give BOTOX® a run for their money.

In fact, Matrixyl increases overall collagen synthesis by up to 117%. Studies on Matrixyl report that wrinkles were reduced by half and fine lines almost completely faded away. This is one ingredient that is a must in anti aging skin care products.

Retinol (retinyl palmitate)

Retinol functions as an antioxidant which speeds up cell turnover. This means old skin cells will be replenished at a faster rate. In return, your skin will be younger looking and more vibrant. Retinol also has been observed to reduce the size of wrinkles. Look for retinol or other forms of retinol such as retinyl palmitate in wrinkle creams. This ingredient works to give your face an overall youthful glow.

WickedWitchOfTheWest

• Senior GirlTalker
    • Quintessence 101
Re: INGREDIENTS TO LOOK FOR TO COMBAT WRINKLES
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2010, 07:53:34 pm »
I think that out of all 3 actives you stated, Retinol alone has been around long enough to warrant effectivity in long term use. Actually retinol is the OTC version of tretinoin/retinoic acid and is generally the milder formula. Tretinoin in comes in different formulations = .1%, .05%, and .025% and the higher the formualtion, the more effective, but also the greater the irritation. Tretinoin functions through exfoliation and increasing collagen production (within 3 months use), thereby decreasing and preventing wrinkles at the same time. But it has to be used every 2 days at least, to be effective. Also maintenance treatment is required.

Higher concentrations of AHA (15% and up) have also been proven to increase collagen production. So this is your best bet if you're pregnant or wary of using tretinoin.

The Holy grail of anti-aging remains: sunscreen + retinoids + antioxidants (topical vitamin c)

Also, I must note that Botox does not increase collagen production, it simply freezes the muscles so as to prevent the skin from forming permanent lines, that are induced by facial expressions.

hersmart4ever

• Filmmaker, Life Coach, Tarot Reader, Businesswoman
  • Junior GirlTalker
    • Psychic, Palm Reader, Tarot Reader & Paranormal Investigator
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2010, 08:11:10 pm »
Great sharing, Sis.
My Wish is the Command of the Universe

ilovedlc

• GirlTalker
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2010, 01:31:02 am »
I think that out of all 3 actives you stated, Retinol alone has been around long enough to warrant effectivity in long term use. Actually retinol is the OTC version of tretinoin/retinoic acid and is generally the milder formula. Tretinoin in comes in different formulations = .1%, .05%, and .025% and the higher the formualtion, the more effective, but also the greater the irritation. Tretinoin functions through exfoliation and increasing collagen production (within 3 months use), thereby decreasing and preventing wrinkles at the same time. But it has to be used every 2 days at least, to be effective. Also maintenance treatment is required.

Higher concentrations of AHA (15% and up) have also been proven to increase collagen production. So this is your best bet if you're pregnant or wary of using tretinoin.

The Holy grail of anti-aging remains: sunscreen + retinoids + antioxidants (topical vitamin c)

Also, I must note that Botox does not increase collagen production, it simply freezes the muscles so as to prevent the skin from forming permanent lines, that are induced by facial expressions.

That is so true kaya nga pangit magpaBOTOX kasi magmumukha kang papel  ;D

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close