As VANYA cited -- you don't pay in advance.
To be very clear -- you pay ZERO until you go get the bag.
Even when it comes and you don't want it anymore -- you pay ZERO. I have been the serendipitous
buyer in the past of a Gypsiere, a Lindy; & (recently) a Kelly -- coz those who ordered these backed
out when the items arrived.
That is why the Hermes people all over the world do not just take down orders -- kilatisin ka talaga.
I have never backed out from any I ordered, here or abroad -- perhaps that is why my orders have been arriving faster (hindi na 1.5 or 2 years, lol) a BFF of mine, clockwork: 6 mos, waiting.
Ako, I tell them to please call me when there is a spare that arrives - - of anything! Gawd ka greedy that sounds, lolz.
Yes, Hermes will call you, wherever you are & wherever they are.
Yes, they will wait for you -- just give a date when you will be going... Well, the longest I did was
San Fo- almost 2 months. They will readily say ok, and not bug you thereafter.
Hermes Mkt accepts payment in pesos or $.
The KELLY is cheaper than the Birkin by a few 2-digit thou only. Oo nga naman, what's another handle?
Note, Bags of the same size and model differ in price because of the leather used. There is also the forex to consider.
Last week, the Kelly 32 ordered by someone who backed out cost 410thou+
(Mine in 6 mos pa eh, so hooray whoever backed out, thanks!)
The 35 Epson Birkin cost 484thou vs the usual Togo Birkin of 510thou +.
(No, this was an order that arrived.)
Yeah, got greedy there kinda. But well, Hubby and I don't kurakot/conduct illegal nor immoral nor amoral business, at hindi ako kab1tch -- so, no judgment! Lolz
The multicolored Birkins cost as much as a regular/1 color Birkin.
I am waiting for a pink-yellow-green combination.

Birkins are getting lighter now. Yes, they are addressing the weight issue, lol.
For the curious, some PM me -- No, I do not sell my Hermes bags away.
I don't chase after "it" colors kasi.
But at a lunch a couple years ago, my MIL drooled over my new Birkin. Chamba! It was a very sought after color that time. Without any eche bureche, as my lolo terms it -- I swapped bags with her right there, with finality. Hindi ko na ever nahawakan. I was pleasantly surprised months later -- she gave me the next Birkin she had ordered that arrived.