watch now

Author Topic: Kettle Bells  (Read 33162 times)

subtle sweet she

  • Guest
Re: Kettle Bells
« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2010, 12:55:07 am »
^ thanks sis! i'll be ordering soon! how'd you start working out with kb's? workout videos lang?

nightingale

  • Guest
Re: Kettle Bells
« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2010, 09:00:54 am »
I really want to do kettlebell, but there are no classes. Videos lang. I don't think tatagal ako working out alone using a home video. Eventually, it will get really boring, painstakingly repetitive, with no room for improvement. Live classes sana magkaroon, where there is live teacher who could teach proper form, technique, progression...[textspeak!] [textspeak!] [textspeak!], kailan kaya magkakaroon nito??? Ultra... do they offer regular classes?

augots

  • Guest
Re: Kettle Bells
« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2011, 10:32:44 am »
bought a 15 lbs kettlebell sa landmark. pag beginners daw dapat 10 to 15 lbs. at first, feeling ko hindi ko kakayanin pero when I tried it using the videos, carry ko naman. ang bad trip lang, masakit pala sa palms. need to wear gloves siguro. pero bakit ganon? sa videos naman walang gloves? mukha namang tama yung mga technique ko?  :o

subtle sweet she

  • Guest
Re: Kettle Bells
« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2011, 01:02:26 am »
^ sis, what videos do you have?

augots

  • Guest
Re: Kettle Bells
« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2011, 11:23:04 am »
sis ako yung kay jillian michaels na shred-it with weights.

kewlwooter

  • Guest
Re: Kettle Bells
« Reply #65 on: January 17, 2011, 08:38:47 pm »
I really want to do kettlebell, but there are no classes. Videos lang. I don't think tatagal ako working out alone using a home video. Eventually, it will get really boring, painstakingly repetitive, with no room for improvement. Live classes sana magkaroon, where there is live teacher who could teach proper form, technique, progression...[textspeak!] [textspeak!] [textspeak!], kailan kaya magkakaroon nito??? Ultra... do they offer regular classes?

^Hi sis, Philippine Kettlebell Club offers regular classes sa Ultra..you can check their FB page for details..i think its around 500Php per session and they provide the Kettlebell for you na..

kewlwooter

  • Guest
Re: Kettle Bells
« Reply #66 on: January 17, 2011, 08:40:28 pm »
for more info's about the PHILIPPINE KETTLEBELL CLUB you can check out their website:  http://www.kettlebell.com.ph/

For Inquiries on Kettlebells and Kettlebell Trainings, contact us at:
kettlebell.com.ph@gmail.com or 09266747598..

avesoriano

  • Guest
Re: Kettle Bells
« Reply #67 on: January 30, 2011, 09:03:52 am »
i saw this in one evening show... parang its not safe for me,,,, sobrang accident prone looking.. like tearing your ligaments and so ? :)

kewlwooter

  • Guest
Re: Kettle Bells
« Reply #68 on: January 31, 2011, 10:33:02 pm »
^ Depends on the person..Try it out first so you can decide..The instructor will teach you the proper alignment before you execute the movements.. They also take into consideration your fitness level :D

Kettlebell_gurl

  • Guest
Re: Kettle Bells
« Reply #69 on: February 07, 2011, 02:03:17 pm »
i saw this in one evening show... parang its not safe for me,,,, sobrang accident prone looking.. like tearing your ligaments and so ? :)

It's the total opposite.  Training with kettlebells will make your body more resilient against injuries:).  Check out the link below if intersted in learning more about kettlebells.  Or feel free to post your questions/concerns here:)

http://philippinekettlebellclub1.wordpress.com/whats-new/kettlebell-trainings-events/pkc-unlimited-kettlebell-classes-ultra/

girl_interrupted

  • Guest
Re: Kettle Bells
« Reply #70 on: February 07, 2011, 02:20:01 pm »
hi sis kettlebell_gurl! Is it advisable to wear gloves while doing kettlebell? Yung gloves na pang weights.

I'll be starting my kettlebell workout again after I give birth. I also bought Jillian Michaels' dvd about kettlebells.

Kettlebell_gurl

  • Guest
Re: Kettle Bells
« Reply #71 on: February 24, 2011, 08:43:01 am »

Gloves could be okay as long you don't do any overhead lifts with the kettlebells.  Just stick to swings and you'll be just fine.  And 15min of swings a couple of times a week would be a great start to a fitter self:)

The dvds of Jilian Michaels and Bob Harper on Kettlebells are a NO NO. 

augots

  • Guest
Re: Kettle Bells
« Reply #72 on: February 24, 2011, 09:30:43 am »
JM and BH why a NO NO???  :o favorite ko pa naman si Jillian.

girl_interrupted

  • Guest
Re: Kettle Bells
« Reply #73 on: February 24, 2011, 11:52:49 am »
^^ eep... o nga, why no-no ang JM kettlebells? I just bought her kb dvd.

Kettlebell_gurl

  • Guest
Re: Kettle Bells
« Reply #74 on: February 24, 2011, 09:57:31 pm »


She does all the things wrong when using a kettlebell.  She's using the arms to muscle the weight, squats instead of hinges etc.l  Better learn proper form before engaging in her routines.  I'm not talking about her routines but how she performs the lifts that she uses in her routine.  She might be good with dumbells.  But a kettlebell and a dumbell are two different things. 


Hope this helps.

subtle sweet she

  • Guest
Re: Kettle Bells
« Reply #75 on: March 02, 2011, 01:08:27 pm »
@ Kettlebell_gurl: what about Amy Bento's videos? ok ba? yung ang meron ako e.

Kettlebell_gurl

  • Guest
Re: Kettle Bells
« Reply #76 on: March 18, 2011, 08:19:36 am »

Those vids are also not my kind of instructionals. 

We might come up with a kettlebell 101 session for you girls here at girltalk based in Manila.  Express your interest here and it will happen.  Kettlebells are a great great tool.  It's a  challenging practice, not just a mindless routine.  But the benefits are tremendous!!!  You gotta try it to know what i'mt talking about:)

vixen19

  • Guest
Re: Kettle Bells
« Reply #77 on: March 21, 2011, 04:31:47 pm »
I have a Selecttech dumbbell set and my 8-kg kettlebell from PKC, and I find myself grabbing the KB more. I still use my dumbbells, but not as often as before. I find KBs are more functional, and they are very FUN to use outdoors! I'm actually planning to bring my KB next month on our CamSur trip so I can also workout while on the road. I just need one kettlebell and I can do a variety of moves, for the whole body. I hardly get bored nowadays with my workout. ;D

I'm not 100% sure, but I think my kettlebell workouts helped in treating my right shoulder bursitis. I started to feel some soreness and pain with some movements on my right shoulder last January. I wasn't able to see my rehab doctor and subsequently get some PT sessions because of my busy sched. I read online KBs can help in rehabilitation of certain injuries, in my case I suspect it's due to overuse. Anyway, I laid low on other shoulder movements (even TGUs) for quite sometime; although I found one-arm snatches to be quite helpful. My shoulder's okay now.

Re Jillian Michaels' vid: I saw a preview on Youtube and her form is just so wrong! Okay, I'm no expert, but the way she was doing her single cleans, the force was coming from her arms not hips. I also noticed that yes, instead of hinge-ing at the hips, she does squats. Is she a certified KB instructor?

I was able to get a couple of KB dvds from the States care of my friend. The best instructional would have to be Steve Cotter's; good, step-by-step explanation of just about everything. Plus he really emphasizes the importance of good form. Sayang, I wish I was able to meet Steve Cotter when he went here! I also got Amy Bento and Lauren Brooks' dvd because I wanted to have a beginner's routine I can follow. In the beginner's vid, Amy Bento also squats when doing KB swings and she actively pulls her arm when she does cleans!!! I find Lauren better, even though I wish her video would've longer and she included more movements in it. Lastly, Pavel Tsatsouline's dvd for women is quite funny. ;D

^Kettlebell_gurl, I'd love to join you sometime. :) but I'm from Cavite, so I'm hoping PKC would have an event nearby soon. :)

Kettlebell_gurl

  • Guest
Re: Kettle Bells
« Reply #78 on: March 30, 2011, 03:32:22 am »

Hello there sis Vixen19!

Thanks for such a nice and informative post regarding your experience in kettlebell training! and yeah I can tell that your 8kg Classic is giving you great workout all the time. So where you able to tag your KB with you to Camsur? that surely is FUN. We always do bring our KBs with us when we go out of town, and nothing beats working out outdoor! :)

I hope and look forward to train with you in the future. We'll let you know if there will be any PKC event near your area.

Thanks!   

subtle sweet she

  • Guest
Re: Kettle Bells
« Reply #79 on: March 30, 2011, 11:03:48 am »
^ Sis, can you recommend any kb training video that at has the right form? some of us kasi don't have the freedom to go to your classes.  i just finished downloading some videos called Kettlebells: The Iron Core Way. The instructor is Sarah Lurie, CPT, RKC. Would you happen to know these videos?

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close