I have an almost 3yr old son, ayaw na ni hubby sundan. For me, I would so love to have another child. What is holding me back is my age, plus the financial factor. Minsan, naiisip ko na bahala na lang, pero natatakot ako sa reality. My running joke na nga ako when asked kung kelan ko susundan, my reply: "Pag nanalo ako ng lotto at kaya pa ng matris ko".
We live abroad, I have been a SAHM since the birth of our kid (by which I do not ever regret). But, mahirap kasi walang mag-aalaga sa bata (if and when I plan to go back to the workforce), and that has always been our problem, we could not entrust our kid with just anybody. If we put him in daycare naman, its going to cost us much, its is very expensive. We had a very hard time when our kid was born.
Hubby knew of someone who is also abroad, hindi na rin masundan ang anak bec. of this scenario. Otherwise, the wife would just be a SAHM for the duration that the kid is not in full time school yet (but still has to pay for before and after school care). Pero, big question is, "Can you/we/they afford it?"
Pwede siguro, pero maraming kailangang i-sacrifice. Like, working longer hours, or salitan sa work sked ang mag asawa. But then the quality of family life deteriorates with this scenario. Lucky those families abroad who has a relative/s with them to care for the kids.
Hubby said that we want to give our kid the best education possible (sino naman ang hindi, di ba?), but at the same time save money to buy a house, and save money for our retirement.
If another baby comes for us, syempre we will be elated, baby is always a blessing.