watch now

Author Topic: GT na Pharmacist  (Read 34142 times)

chubs

  • Guest
Re: GT na Pharmacist
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2009, 06:31:05 pm »
^sis, oonga nagaabot tayo... kakamis ang uste, ang fishballs at mojo's sa coop, ang waffle & egg sanwich sa may canteen sa 4th floor lab, almer's, S&R... hehe

sis I'm working for my dad, we are into trading.... sobrang layo sa course ng pharmacy haha...




3na

  • Guest
Re: GT na Pharmacist
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2009, 10:53:31 pm »
wow.. meron pa lang ganitong thread, glad i was able to find fellow pharmacist here..

batch '01 UST hehe.. not practicing my profession din eh..

sis chubs, nagpang abot pla tyo sa USTe  :D ano mga work ninyo sis if not related sa pharma? and meron ba kayong alam na pharma related pero office based? hehe.. yun kasi sana gusto ko eh :)

re: FPGEE, alam ko starting this yr, they changed their method na ata.. naging computer based na ulet yung exam.. and yung exam date is april and oct na, if im not mistaken.. dati kasi june at dec. you can checked it out sa site nila sa nabp.. i was supposed to take the exam yrs back unfortunately, denied ang visa so i cant make it  :-[ sayang lang lahat ng gastos..  :'( :'(

hi chinita_eyes, u might want to check out a career as a clinical research associate (cra).  licensed pharmacist rin ako pero yun ang work ko ngayon, mostly office-based sya pero i still visit hospitals now and then, and may travel opportunities, both local and international.  basically you're involved in managing clinical trials. 

if you want you can check out this site for description of a cra: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clinical_research_associate

or this is a sample journal of a cra from my company's website: http://www.quintiles.com/careers/cra-journal/

let me know if you're interested :)

monkeybusiness

  • Guest
Re: GT na Pharmacist
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2009, 08:45:43 pm »
^OT: What's the usual salary range of CRA?  thanks

huckleberry

  • Guest
Re: GT na Pharmacist
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2009, 08:36:18 am »
IP here.  batch 2000---UP

I'm done with FPGEE but stuck with TOEFL-ibt >:( feeling ko tuloy di ako marunong mag-English or is it because I always take TOEFL in the US?  4yrs na akong stay-at-home-mom by choice.  however, I really miss working.

3na

  • Guest
Re: GT na Pharmacist
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2009, 08:33:53 pm »
@ monkeybusiness: sorry confidential kasi eh.  pero i was a med rep at gsk before, and my basic pay now is bigger than the one i had in gsk (without incentives).

@ chinita_eyes: can u message me your email add? di pa yata ako pwedeng magsend ng private msgs eh :p

tata

  • Guest
Re: GT na Pharmacist
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2009, 12:58:38 am »
hello fellow pharmacists!
 :)

sis 3na, i'm interesed in being a CRA. will check out your link :)

katienicole28

  • Guest
Re: GT na Pharmacist
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2010, 01:22:06 pm »
hi sisses, RPh too. MCU batch '02 :)
i don't practice it kaya eto expired license, hehe.. mag r-renew na, sayang naman.

bruce_lyn

  • Guest
Re: GT na Pharmacist
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2010, 10:21:57 pm »
aba dami pala di nagpapractice dito. pag naghanap ng license lang ang need mga kakilala ko  pm ko kayo ha. sayang din yun.ako just recently nagpractice uli para naman ma update ko cert of employment ko na nagpractice pa din ako.

shopaholic18

  • Guest
Re: GT na Pharmacist
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2010, 08:35:28 am »
Registered pharmacist here graduated year 2006 from UST...currently working in a hospital... ;)

ella_gurl

  • Guest
Re: GT na Pharmacist
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2010, 10:19:42 am »
Ano po ba usually ang nagiging work or expected work ng pharmacist? Yung mga nasa drugstores? Or for med research? Med rep? I know someone who's a med rep by profession (di ba malaki na sweldo nito?) pero mas malaki pa yata kita niya sa part time niya (is $200-$400/week considered malaki na for his profession?).

unochix

  • Guest
Re: GT na Pharmacist
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2010, 02:11:14 am »
hi sisses,
im a pharmacist also, practicing. sis 3na im interested with your postings re cra, how cld i know more? can you give bracket of your salary range and perks with your company. i'd like to hear also your travel escapades...

Re inquiry on medical representative, most of the basic salary at around 12k then goes beyond if you have pharma experience plus incentives and allowance... feedback from my friends. better try your chances with MNCs such as GSK, Pfizer, MSD, and etc.

yaniepot

  • Guest
Re: GT na Pharmacist
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2010, 01:46:39 pm »
I'm a R. Pharmacist...graduated batch 2006 in UST. I'm not practicing my profession. sad to say. But my licensi is in rent..hahaha!! I'm so bad...Bu i do come sa botica..minsan..!!! hahaha!!! :P

whitewisher

  • Guest
Re: GT na Pharmacist
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2010, 08:12:26 pm »
@huckleberry, may kilala akong kabatch mo. :)

ako batch 99- UST, no fpgee, planning to take kaso aral muna ako, give me tips where I should go para marecall ko pinag-aralan ko.

Currently, I work at home. Met a doctor from hawaii and I am fixing/classifying their HMO drugs via remote. Isa lang akong employee niya kaya hindi ko kayo marecommend sa work ko.hehe.

In addition, my friend is using my license pero hindi botica, seller sila ng laboratory machines and  reagents pang laboratory test, med tech yung friend ko. I am not worried kasi  I know na my license is not at risk.

About Quintiles, I know Dr. Hugo Stephenson MD, senior executive, he sent me a book about Strategic Research. :)


pomegranate

  • Guest
Re: GT na Pharmacist
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2010, 07:52:00 pm »
mga sis na pharmacist, saan ba nakakabili ng PIMS? Thanks.

whitewisher

  • Guest
Re: GT na Pharmacist
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2010, 03:43:57 am »
MIMS na ngayon wala nang PIMS. Sa National bookstore, marami.

pomegranate

  • Guest
Re: GT na Pharmacist
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2010, 05:32:33 pm »
^ ah I see, thanks :) If MIMS Philippines din lang, nag register na lang ako online.

huckleberry

  • Guest
Re: GT na Pharmacist
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2010, 11:30:32 am »
whitewisher ano name nun ka-batch ko? baka classmate ko pa sya..

leannegirl

  • Guest
Re: GT na Pharmacist
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2011, 03:17:25 pm »
kinda sad to hear that most of the pharmacists here are not practicing their profession. :)
i'm a student pa lang. incoming 2nd year sa UST.
still thinking if i'll pursue until 5th year. bago pa lang kasi yung clin.phar. sa UST eh.
any suggestions about clin phar?

I'm also thinking of getting a master's degree. want to make use of my time kasi after i graduate @ 19 y/o. I just don't know if i'll go for 5th year or get a master's degree na lang.

Halee

  • Guest
Re: GT na Pharmacist
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2011, 04:07:57 pm »
I've been aching to join GT for quit a long time, finally im a member now.
BTW, I am currently working overseas and loving it!
I love my profession. I love my job. Go Pharmacists!


gabby_13

  • Guest
Re: GT na Pharmacist
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2011, 09:23:46 pm »
pharmacist here batch 2004, I have practiced my profession mostly in community pharmacy as a pharmacist and supervisor but it did not workout due to low pay, So now I am a medical coder compare the salary its 3x the pay but its hard to work specially analyzing the diagnosis and the surgery done for US patients.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close