My 20mos old son is a bit delayed too. Naninibago ako cause his ate at this age eh you can converse with already ng diretso. Though I believe his vocabulary is average, if not above, he cant construct Lang phrases or sentences. His current word list (more than this pa but I forgot some of the words)
- mama, papa, yaya, tata (ate), Lola, yoyo (lolo), Nay (nanay for my grandma)
- car, bus, wide (ride), twuck (truck)
- corn, cooka (cookie), itsa (pizza), fries, juice, ogurt (yogurt), nana (banana), allows (mallows), ilk (milk), owange (orange), apple,
- this, that
- kick, ball, clap, peekaboo, hot, cold, bye, lo (hello), nappy (diaper), dog, horse, bird
- nose, ear, eye
Re first language, like for my daughter, his is English too. My husband doesn't speak Filipino so English talaga sila kausapin. Though for our son, I'm introducing Filipino early cause we're having a hard time now with my 5yo daughter since Hindi nasanay.