It has been a long day.
Thank you AKTHUNG, FRAPI (yes, I need prayers), BSCN, SWEET2 & SILVERONFIRE.
These posts and the responses have helped me focus on the issues that should be addressed. And in return, I hope it helps others in similar/same circumstances, and/or amuses some. LOL
So, Mother Dearest needs us to sign a Waiver addressed to the bank that gave her a dose of winter -- froze several accounts.
As usual, everybody nga waits for my move.
I said .. sure. BUT I do not want it ever interpreted, kasi ganoon ang wording, that I am signing away my legal share to those accounts... tapos, everything else follows.
So a lawyer drew up this Memorandum of Agreement nga.
Basic points:
1. We all agree (kalokers Mom to kapal me) to agree that sharing will be as prescribed by law.
2. We all recognized each other nga pala therein ... that Mom is the legal wife; and we are their legal kids and there are no illegitimates.
3. As of date of death... there must be an accounting of all properties, interests, moneys etc of the deceased .. to be finished on or before (I put down the date 5 mos from death. Kasi taxes better be paid before the 6th month or else, grabe ang laki nang BIR penalties ha!)
To this provision nagalit daw si Mother.
Nakaharap si Achi and 2 other sisters.
What?! you do not trust me?
Sabi ni Achi .. trust works both ways. Do you trust us?
Hinagis daw sangkaterbang passbooks at folder of TCTs, CCTS at ewan pa ... siguro vehicle registrations (hindi kasi matalas mga mata ng sisters ko eh... tawanan sila, kung ako daw, isang glimpse lang eh nakatatak na daw OR nos. and TCT nos. on my brain. hindi naman sabi ko, medyo lang LOL)
Sige, sige, sige xerox nyo lahat.. kunin nyo copies.
LOL
ABa! Miracles do happen. This Tweetums sister of ours sumagot: aanhin naman namin ang copies of those kung you do not sign the MOA?
In short, after alternating bouts of croc tears, drama displays, labanan ko kayo! displays, and ang-kapal-ng-mukha nyo scenes... it took 3 hours .. wala pa ring agreement.
She was offering to write a check out to me tomorrow equivalent to my legal share of LOL -- ano ako stup!d? -- the accounts frozen (that she already significantly drained and transferred to another bank into accounts with just her name thereon).
Tweetums said: don't. She (ako) will tear up the check and throw it back to you.
Next, sabi nya: how much is she (ako) paying you to side with her against me? PxMillion??
Achi finally lost her temper.
Ano akala mo sa akin nabibili?! Lakas mo maka insulto!
Tumakbo daw our old yaya to her room to hide from them all at that point.
Hindi naman nagbasagan nang plates or what.
But nobody was eating lunch daw. LOL
I remembered what AKTHUNG said: no matter what happens from hereon, kahit na I give it all away, kahit na mag donate pa ako ... the die has been cast.
I am forever labeled as the "interesado" the 1 who rocked the boat, the trouble maker.
Eh ano ngayon?
I told my sisters.... honestly? it doesn't affect me. Kasi I know myself why I am rocking the boat. And I am tired of her and the brothers' fairy tales. Nobody is above the law.
Parang, magka sleepless nights ako if I give it away and know that people not related to me/moochers are spending it; if I think that First Son is throwing it at pokpoks, beer and sugal. Parang, ang t@anga t@anga ko naman! I can live with a contravida label, but never with a stup!d label.
Kaya SWEET2 -- tell your mom to be steadfast, never to backdown from what she believes is right.
The sisters came to me after the nasty encounter.
So drained daw sila. I said, so what is new?
She always always drains us.
What now daw?
I said... I try never to decide to undertake nor walk away from a campaign or program based on emotions. Kayo, emotional ngayon. Kasi nainsulto kayo... kasi na sampal sampal kayo figuratively.
Ako, I am just here waiting for the palabas to play out.
It will take me what -- overnight? 24 hours? to decide what to do. But mind this .. when you texted you were on the way and you all walked out .. I already scheduled an appointment with a lawyer for 8AM tomorrow.
Achi who is the mediator actually sa dami naming magugulo .. eh said this in parting to Mom: You better get a very good lawyer.
I said: Kayo, think it over. Let your emotions die down ... take 2 days or 3, then decide.
Sabi nang 1 .. ang kapal daw ng mukha natin?
Sabi ko: look at it this way -- if you want some money, your legal share ... and we all end up in court .... mag fantasize ka. kunwari we belong to an oligarch family. At imbes na isang sako ng lupa or isang metro nang pader or P10 ang pinag aawayan .. eh mga billions! LOL
Atchaka, makapal na talaga dati my face .. kaya nga ako umasenso sa buhay. LOL! I think kapalmukz is an asset, really.
Pero sabi ko nga sa inyo, dagdag ko ha ... okay lang kasi yung kapal puede pa lihain nang facials. LOL
Pero ang stup1dity -- mahirap magpuno nang malaking hole in the head.
Atchaka hiya? Sabi ko, the law does not factor in hiya. The law just gives definitions, pwes Compulsory Heirs tayo. The law gives grounds for dis-inheritance; pwes hindi naman tayo make attempts on his life ever. The law gives the rules for hatian of the pizza.... pwes, may pizza and gusto natin maka slice... hindi lang mga brothers may slice, ma empatzo na nga mga yan and their families eh.
Kayo mag isip, I told the sisters.
I can go on that banca alone, or sumakay kayo. Pero eto ha, let us make it clear, sabi ko... Pag sumakay kayo sa banca ko, walang bababa hangga't hindi nakarating sa end point. Ang mag jump bail kasi na bribe or lumambot ang puso or for whatever reasons known only to them (ha! parang lawyer ano) -- eh susundan ko at lulunurin ko kasi inistorbo ang balance ng banca ko. Getz? So think it over well, and let your emotions die down.