watch now

Author Topic: Peanut Butter Lovers - THREAD 2!  (Read 119192 times)

V_for_Victoria

  • Guest
Re: Peanut Butter Lovers - THREAD 2!
« Reply #240 on: July 06, 2010, 09:18:00 am »
^ Minsan kasi pag local PB, masyadong oily then pagdating sa bottom nung jar, too dry na.
I take a butter knife and mix it around when I open a new jar...and that's my arm workout. :P Or, when I'm lazy, I leave the jar upside down overnight, after loosening up the dry bits at the bottom.

(My god, addict talaga...I even have techniques for mixing peanut butter.)

Still haven't opened my jar of Peanut Butter & Co. Dark Chocolate Dreams. Still have to buy some good bread (at French Baker) for it...or will just use it as topping on chocolate ice cream. :D

u8mypinkcookies

  • Guest
Re: Peanut Butter Lovers - THREAD 2!
« Reply #241 on: July 06, 2010, 09:40:23 am »
^ Thanks for the tip. i'm sure that's effective, coming from a PB addict e. Haha! Will try that.. :D I want that Dark Choco PB too.. Sana a relative from the US would come over so I can make bilin to buy one for me.

^kaye^

  • Guest
Re: Peanut Butter Lovers - THREAD 2!
« Reply #242 on: July 12, 2010, 11:50:55 am »
My husband prefers Ludy's for his peanut butter sandwiches. Natatabangan siya sa Ehje's.

I like to eat my peanut butter spread on biscuits or magic pop (yung korean snack na pita-size concoction made of rice puffs). I prefer Ehje's creamy peanut butter kasi kahit gaano karaming peanut butter yung ilalagay ko sa biscuit or magic pop, hindi nakakaumay.

Last January, my husband bought a jar of Ehje's crunchy peanut butter. This was before I read all the glowing feedback on this site. Their crunchy peanut butter is just that - crunchy. Waaay too crunchy. Panay peanut slices. Masarap siya, but it's just too crunchy  ;D

u8mypinkcookies

  • Guest
Re: Peanut Butter Lovers - THREAD 2!
« Reply #243 on: July 12, 2010, 11:54:47 am »
^ uy gusto ko yun, crunchy peanut butter.. talagang madaming nuts. Now I should try Ehje's :P

They featured Peanut Butter Company again this morning in ABS-CBN. Grabe I wanna go and try it na talaga. But North EDSA is far.. when will the MOA branch open kaya? at least mas accessible.

V_for_Victoria

  • Guest
Re: Peanut Butter Lovers - THREAD 2!
« Reply #244 on: July 15, 2010, 10:48:53 am »
I saw Ehje's at an open air stall in Market Market and was wondering where I heard about it. Now I know. :D

During the power failure, I discovered that a 2:1 ratio of Nutella to peanut butter tastes like the Hershey's Watchamacallit candy bar. :) (Naparami ang gamit ko ng Nutella dahil sa dilim. Oops. I usually put equal parts.)

u8mypinkcookies

  • Guest
Re: Peanut Butter Lovers - THREAD 2!
« Reply #245 on: July 15, 2010, 10:52:29 am »
^ I saw that Ehje's stall too, infront of Kamay Kainan I think.

Haha, will try mixing that one nga rin :D nice idea!

silverlilac

  • Guest
Re: Peanut Butter Lovers - THREAD 2!
« Reply #246 on: July 15, 2010, 11:03:27 am »
I just tried Ehje's crunchy PB today for breakfast, yum! I still like Peter Pan's honey roast crunchy PB better, but Ehje's is a great second placer in my heart (and taste buds). The makers of this local homemade PB didn't scrimp on peanuts, super-dami ng peanut chunks...love it  :D

u8mypinkcookies

  • Guest
Re: Peanut Butter Lovers - THREAD 2!
« Reply #247 on: July 15, 2010, 11:08:16 am »
^ love ko talaga pag madaming peanut chunks! i just opened a new jar of Peter Pan Crunchy Honey Roast.. NUTTY talaga!! :D looooove it.

silverlilac

  • Guest
Re: Peanut Butter Lovers - THREAD 2!
« Reply #248 on: July 15, 2010, 11:12:02 am »
^i resisted the urge to buy a new Peter Pan crunchy PB yesterday, kasi nga i wanted to try (and concentrate on haha) Ehje's first. pero yung smallest bottle lang binili ko, so shorter waiting time 'til i go back to Peter Pan.  ;D

ladymarmalade

  • Guest
Re: Peanut Butter Lovers - THREAD 2!
« Reply #249 on: July 15, 2010, 03:32:07 pm »
I prefer the local homemade peanut butter. Mas malasa siya compared don sa imported, mas puro iyong lasang mani.

u8mypinkcookies

  • Guest
Re: Peanut Butter Lovers - THREAD 2!
« Reply #250 on: July 16, 2010, 08:56:52 pm »
^ local/ homemade PB is good nga, minsan lang I find it too oily and kasi walang crunchy variant e. Gusto ko kasi may peanut chunks talaga :D

silverlilac

  • Guest
Re: Peanut Butter Lovers - THREAD 2!
« Reply #251 on: July 18, 2010, 10:31:28 pm »
^kaya it's nice to find a local/homemade PB with lotsa peanut chunks sis, kakatuwa yung Ehje's  ;)

i'm now eating Presto Creams peanut butter, yummm!  :D

$ale... seeker!

  • Guest
Re: Peanut Butter Lovers - THREAD 2!
« Reply #252 on: July 19, 2010, 01:41:20 am »
got 2 pcs peter pan from a balikbayan relative recently... gulat ako sa logo, i thought fake ;D checked the website but they changed the packaging/font logo na pala -

http://www.peterpanpb.com/peanut-butter-products/creamy-peanut-butter.jsp

old - http://www.globalpackagegallery.com/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=44480&g2_serialNumber=6

V_for_Victoria

  • Guest
Re: Peanut Butter Lovers - THREAD 2!
« Reply #253 on: July 19, 2010, 09:55:32 am »
^ Haha, yeah, I saw the new Peter Pan logo as well while I was in the grocery a few days ago. :)

I finally opened my jar of Dark Chocolate Dreams. I packed a sandwich for lunch today, and I just HAD to sneak a taste while I was making it. It's like a Reese's peanut butter cup, but less chocolatey...the peanut butter is still the dominant flavor. Hey, I did buy chocolate-flavored peanut butter after all. :)

$ale... seeker!

  • Guest
Re: Peanut Butter Lovers - THREAD 2!
« Reply #254 on: July 19, 2010, 09:57:40 am »
^ yum ;)

u8mypinkcookies

  • Guest
Re: Peanut Butter Lovers - THREAD 2!
« Reply #255 on: July 19, 2010, 10:06:52 am »
^^ oh yummy!! :D

V_for_Victoria

  • Guest
Re: Peanut Butter Lovers - THREAD 2!
« Reply #256 on: July 22, 2010, 07:59:09 am »
I'm trying to find excuses to eat my Peanut Butter & Co. Dark Chocolate Dreams every day! I'll be so sad when it runs out, so I hope Peanut Butter Company's dark chocolate peanut butter is comparable. My friends who've tried it says it's to die for, though. :)

Next up, I want to try White Chocolate Wonderful, but I don't know when I can get it.

u8mypinkcookies

  • Guest
Re: Peanut Butter Lovers - THREAD 2!
« Reply #257 on: July 22, 2010, 08:43:33 am »
^ I'm so eager to try Peanut Butter Company's dark choco PB :D

Haha, I hope someone from the US would come over. I wanna make pabili Peanut Butter & Co. Dark Choco Dreams! The Cinnamon Raisin Swirl looks yummy rin ha.

u8mypinkcookies

  • Guest
Re: Peanut Butter Lovers - THREAD 2!
« Reply #258 on: July 26, 2010, 10:00:59 pm »
might go to SM North this week. if matuloy, sana makabili ako sa PBCo. ng dark choco peanut butter :D

V_for_Victoria

  • Guest
Re: Peanut Butter Lovers - THREAD 2!
« Reply #259 on: July 28, 2010, 08:37:08 am »
^ Hope you can get to go! Me, if I'm desperate enough, I can hop on an MRT just to go to SM North for peanut butter! :P

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close