watch now

Author Topic: Most Favorite Quotes sa Movie/TV series  (Read 53394 times)

honeybunny

  • Guest
Re: Most Favorite Quotes sa Movie/TV series
« Reply #120 on: September 13, 2012, 11:38:28 pm »
nakakainlove yung mga quotes especially dun sa the notebook :) oh well! backread muna ako <3

jhenpretty

  • Guest
Re: Most Favorite Quotes sa Movie/TV series
« Reply #121 on: September 14, 2012, 12:58:43 pm »
^ I backread also and love the quotes our sisses have posted.. Personally love ko yung quotes sa notebook and I used it as my signature and posted it here already.. ^_^
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 01:03:29 pm by jhenpretty »

theEmpress

  • Guest
Re: Most Favorite Quotes sa Movie/TV series
« Reply #122 on: October 13, 2012, 06:24:32 pm »
"too many guys think i'm a concept, or i complete them, or i'm gonna make them alive. but i'm just a f***ed-up girl who's lookin' for my own peace of mind, don't assign me yours."

-Clementine, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

"the only thing that hurts me is that i don't have enough strength to give you the beating that you deserve for being so insolent and evil-minded."

-Fermina Urbino, Love In the Time of Cholera

"don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner."

-Neil McCauley, Heat

cinco girl

  • Guest
Re: Most Favorite Quotes sa Movie/TV series
« Reply #123 on: October 13, 2012, 09:01:35 pm »
"Just because something needs to be told, it doesn't always mean it needs to be heard. We've all done bad things, it doesn't mean we're bad people. Look, I don't care about every detail from your past and I hope you don't care about mine either. What I do care about is you." - How I Met Your Mother

Huntress Krystle

  • Guest
Re: Most Favorite Quotes sa Movie/TV series
« Reply #124 on: October 24, 2012, 01:57:53 pm »
I have lots of favorite dialogues, but these are all I could think of right now. I will add more next time:

❖❖ "People need dramatic examples to shake them out of apathy." - Bruce Wayne (Batman Begins)

❖❖ "You start pretending to have fun, you might even have a little by accident." - Alfred (Batman Begins)

❖❖ "But I know the rage that drives you. That impossible anger strangling the grief until the memory of your loved one is just poison in your veins. And one day, you catch yourself wishing the person you loved had never existed so you'd be spared your pain." - Ducard (Batman Begins)

❖❖ "Justice is about harmony. Revenge is about you making yourself feel better." -Rachel Dawes (Batman Begins)

❖❖ Commodus to his father Marcus before murdering him (Gladiator):
Marcus: Are you ready to do your duty for Rome?

Commodus (smiling): Yes, father.

Marcus: You will not be Emperor.

Commodus (smile turns to bewilderment): Which wiser, older man is to take my place?

Marcus: My powers will pass to Maximus to hold in trust until the Senate is ready to rule once more.  Rome is to be a Republic again.

Commodus: Maximus?

Marcus: My decision disappoints you?

Commodus (fighting back tears): You wrote to me once, listing the four chief virtues – wisdom, justice, fortitude and temperance.  As I read the list, I knew I had none of them.  But I have other virtues, Father.  Ambition, that can be a virtue when it drives us to excel; resourcefulness; courage, perhaps not on the battlefield but there are many forms of courage; devotion, to my family, to you.  But none of my virtues were on your list.  Even then, it was as if you didn’t want me to be your son.

Marcus: Oh, Commodus, you go to far.

Commodus (through tears): I search the faces of the Gods for ways to please you... to make you proud... and I can never do it.  One kind word -- one full hug where you pressed me to your chest and held me tight -- would have been like the sun on my heart for a thousand years. What is it in me you hate so much?  My eyes are your eyes.  My hands are your hands.  All I have ever wanted was to live up to you. Caesar.  Father.

Marcus (kneels in front of Commodus, arms raised): Commodus, your faults as a son is my failure as a father.

Commodus: Why does Maximus deserve what I could never have? -- Why do you love his eyes over mine? -- I would butcher the whole world -- if you would only love me!
(he then murders his aging father)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

❖❖ "I knew a man once who said, 'Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back. " - Maximus (Gladiator)

❖❖ "A man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man."  - Vito Corleone to Johnny Fontane (The Godfather)

❖❖ Michael Corleone to Kay (The Godfather):
Michael: My father is no different than any powerful man, any man with power, like a president or senator.

Kay Adams: Do you know how naive you sound, Michael? Presidents and senators don't have men killed.

Michael: Oh. Who's being naive, Kay?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 02:01:42 pm by Huntress Krystle »

xxmiakaxx

  • Guest
Re: Most Favorite Quotes sa Movie/TV series
« Reply #125 on: October 29, 2012, 02:07:30 pm »
Beverly Hills Chihuahua

Tiny, but mighty

em.em

  • Guest
Re: Most Favorite Quotes sa Movie/TV series
« Reply #126 on: October 30, 2012, 05:26:45 pm »
From the movie Goodfellas:

"As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a gangster."
(Goodfellas)

From The Godfather movie:

"Fredo, you're my older brother, and I love you. But don't ever take sides with anyone against the family again. Ever."
Michael to Fredo

"But I'm a superstitious man. And if some unlucky accident should befall him - If he should get shot in the head by a police officer, or if he should hang himself in his jail cell - or if he's struck by a bolt of lightning, them I'm going to blame some of the people in this room, and that I do not forgive. But, that aside, let me say that I swear, on the souls of my grandchildren, that I will not be the one to break the peace we've made here today."
Don Corleone to the other Dons (The Godfather)

"Never tell anybody outside the family what you're thinking again."
Don Corleone to Sonny

From the movie Amelie:

"I like to look for things no one else catches. I hate the way nobody ever looks at the road in old movies."

"When a finger is pointing up to the sky, only a fool looks at the finger."

"Without you, the feelings of today are not more but the dead hull of the feelings of the past."

From the movie 500 days of summer:

"People change. Feelings change. It doesn’t mean that the love once shared wasn’t true or real. It simply means that sometimes when people grow, they grow apart."

“I, like being on my own. I think relationships are messy and people’s feelings get hurt. Who needs it? We’re young, we live in one of the most beautiful cities in the world; might as well have fun while we can and, save the serious stuff for later.”

“A guy and a girl can be just friends , but at one point or another , they will fall for each other.. maybe temporarily , maybe at the wrong time , maybe too late or maybe forever”

polymath2012

  • Guest
Re: Most Favorite Quotes sa Movie/TV series
« Reply #127 on: November 30, 2012, 11:50:06 pm »
"A woman's heart is a deep ocean full of secrets." -- Rose, Titanic

h_mische

  • Guest
Re: Most Favorite Quotes sa Movie/TV series
« Reply #128 on: December 04, 2012, 04:12:09 pm »
Marriage, being a parent.

It's the hardest job in the world and nobody prepares you for that.

Nobody tells you how much you have to give up.

I feel like they do tell you, but you don't listen...

or you think, 'Ah, they're just miserable.'

I've given up so much of what made me who I am.

But I can't say that because...

I'm a very bad person if I say that.

But I feel it. I really do.

I feel it sometimes. I just-

I just want you to know that.

I do know that. And you can say it. I say it.

But I did make a choice.

I made a choice, and even if it's harder than I thought...

I don't regret it.

Jenny Grogan - Marley and Me

10004

  • Guest
Re: Most Favorite Quotes sa Movie/TV series
« Reply #129 on: December 04, 2012, 04:49:05 pm »
From the movie First Knight

"A man who fears nothing is a man who loves nothing; and if you love nothing, what joy is there in your life?"

missn

  • Guest
Re: Most Favorite Quotes sa Movie/TV series
« Reply #130 on: December 04, 2012, 10:01:49 pm »
"The only thing permanent in life is family." Eat Pray Love (2010)

hann-hann

  • Guest
Re: Most Favorite Quotes sa Movie/TV series
« Reply #131 on: December 05, 2012, 04:33:48 am »
"Three words. Eight letters. Say it... and I'm yours." - Gossip Girl

*****

“So it's not gonna be easy. It's going to be really hard; we're gonna have to work at this everyday, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, everyday. You and me... everyday.”

“I love you. I am who I am because of you. You are every reason, every hope, and every dream I've ever had, and no matter what happens to us in the future, everyday we are together is the greatest day of my life. I will always be yours. ”

“They didn’t agree on much. In fact, they didn’t agree on anything. They fought all the time and challenged each other ever day. But despite their differences, they had one important thing in common. They were crazy about each other.”

- The Notebook

shooting_star

  • Guest
Re: Most Favorite Quotes sa Movie/TV series
« Reply #132 on: December 06, 2012, 12:18:27 pm »
"We accept the love we think we deserve."
- Perks of Being A Wallflower

"She's the only girl that makes my heart beat faster and slower at the same time. When I'm not with her... I'm not living. I'm only existing until I can hold her in my arms again."
- The Hot Chick

"You can't lose someone you never had."
- How to Lose A Guy In Ten Days

"Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink.
But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love.
If you must steal, steal away from bad company.
If you must cheat, cheat death.
And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away."
- Hitch

I also like the graduation speech from Eclipse.

"When we were five, they asked us what we wanted to be when we grew up. Our answers were things like astronaut, president, or in my case… princess.

When we were ten, they asked again and we answered – rock star, cowboy, or in my case, gold medalist. But now that we’ve grown up, they want a serious answer. Well, how ’bout this: who the hell knows?!

This isn’t the time to make hard and fast decisions, its time to make mistakes. Take the wrong train and get stuck somewhere chill. Fall in love – a lot. Major in philosophy ’cause there’s no way to make a career out of that. Change your mind. Then change it again, because nothing is permanent.

So make as many mistakes as you can. That way, someday, when they ask again what we want to be… we won’t have to guess. We’ll know."
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 12:24:14 pm by shooting_star »

kaiz

  • Guest
Re: Most Favorite Quotes sa Movie/TV series
« Reply #133 on: December 06, 2012, 03:32:52 pm »
RY: mukha ba akong t****?
CB: mukha kang chewing gum na masarap nguyain

Dahil Mahal na Mahal Kita

whitestarrr

  • Guest
Re: Most Favorite Quotes sa Movie/TV series
« Reply #134 on: December 10, 2012, 06:41:22 am »
John llyod : she loved me at my worst, you had me at my best and you also broke my heart

simplykristine08

  • Guest
Re: Most Favorite Quotes sa Movie/TV series
« Reply #135 on: January 03, 2013, 08:46:00 pm »
Grey's Anatomy

Owen: Single Malt Scotch :)

Glee (Box Scene - Deleted Scene)

Blaine to Kurt: To always love you. To defend you even if I know you're wrong. To surprise you. To always pick up your call no matter what I'm doing. To bake you cookies at least twice a year and to kiss you whenever and where ever you want. Mostly, to make sure that you always remember how perfectly imperfect you are.

Pretty_ava

  • Guest
Re: Most Favorite Quotes sa Movie/TV series
« Reply #136 on: January 04, 2013, 05:19:09 am »
"And in that moment, I knew we are infinite"

Perks of being a Wallflower

simplykristine08

  • Guest
Re: Most Favorite Quotes sa Movie/TV series
« Reply #137 on: January 07, 2013, 07:26:01 pm »
"Charlie, we accept the love we think we deserve." ~ Perks of Being A Wallflower

sarsingkit

  • Guest
Re: Most Favorite Quotes sa Movie/TV series
« Reply #138 on: January 08, 2013, 08:52:15 am »
"Let me ask you something. If someone prays for patience, you think God gives them patience? Or does he give them the opportunity to be patient? If he prayed for courage, does God give him courage, or does he give him opportunities to be courageous? If someone prayed for the family to be closer, do you think God zaps them with warm fuzzy feelings, or does he give them opportunities to love each other? "

- Evan Almighty

super favorite. gave me a totally different perspective about life.

Xania G

  • Guest
Re: Most Favorite Quotes sa Movie/TV series
« Reply #139 on: January 08, 2013, 09:15:48 am »
From He's Just Not That Into You:
"We are all programmed to believe that if a guy acts like a total jerk that means he likes you."

"Girls are taught a lot of stuff growing up: if a boy punches you he likes you, never try to trim your own bangs, and someday you will meet a wonderful guy and get your very own happy ending. every movie we see, every story we're told implores us to wait for it: the third act twist, the unexpected declaration of love, the exception to the rule. but sometimes we're so focused on finding our happy ending we don't learn how to read the signs. how to tell the ones who want us from the ones who don't, the ones who will stay and the ones who will leave. and maybe a happy ending doesn't include a guy, maybe it's you, on your own, picking up the pieces and starting over, freeing yourself up for something better in the future. maybe the happy ending is just moving on. or maybe the happy ending is this: knowing after all the unreturned phone calls and broken-hearts, through the blunders and misread signals, through all the pain and embarrassment... you never gave up hope."


Subscribing! :) I so love this sis.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close