"It was real, wasn't it? You and me. Such a long time ago. We were just a couple of kids. But we really loved each other, didn't we? I have to go." - Allie, The Notebook
"You don't look at Daddy the way I look at Noah. You don't touch or laugh, you don't play. You don't know anything about love." -- Allie
"My Dearest Allie. I couldn't sleep last night because I know that it's over between us. I'm not bitter anymore, because I know that what we had was real. And if in some distant place in the future we see each other in our new lives, I'll smile at you with joy and remember how we spent the summer beneath the trees, learning from each other and growing in love. The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds, and that's what you've given me. That's what I hope to give to you forever. I love you. I'll be seeing you"- Noah
Noah: So it's not gonna be easy. It's gonna be really hard. We're gonna have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, for ever, you and me, every day. Will you do something for me, please? Just picture your life for me? 30 years from now, 40 years from now? What's it look like? If it's with him, go. Go! I lost you once, I think I can do it again. If I thought that's what you really wanted. But don't you take the easy way out.
Allie: What easy way? There is no easy way, no matter what I do, somebody gets hurt.
"Summer romances begin for all kinds of reasons, but when all is said and done, they have one thing in common. They're shooting stars, a spectacular moment of light in the heavens, fleeting glimpse of eternity, and in a flash they're gone." - Noah
Noah: I see you got my letters, finally. What are you gonna do, Al?
Allie: I don't know.
Noah: We're back to that? Are we back there? What about the past couple of days? They happened, you know.
Allie: I know that they happened, and they were wonderful. But they were also very irresponsible. I have a fiancé waiting for me at a hotel who's going to be crushed when he finds out what I did.
Noah: So you make love to me, and go back to your husband. Was that your plan? Was that a test I didn't pass?
Allie: No, I made a promise to a man. He gave me a ring and I gave him my word.
Noah: And your word is shot to hell now, don't ya think?
Allie: I don't know. I'll find out when I talk to him.