watch now

Author Topic: praying for your partner in life  (Read 180084 times)

Frozen Toes

  • Guest
Re: praying for your partner in life
« Reply #380 on: November 02, 2011, 08:21:25 am »
I think this is a great read. It broke down a mindset that I used to have regarding finding "The One". :)

The Myth of God's Perfect Choice (GPC) by Pastor Dennis Sy
http://www.actlikeaman.org/myth-gods-perfect-choice-gpc/

feisty_angel4

  • Guest
Re: praying for your partner in life
« Reply #381 on: November 05, 2011, 08:24:27 am »
I pray that he will always be guided and protected from dangers and bad influences.

snowhite_12

  • Guest
Re: praying for your partner in life
« Reply #382 on: November 05, 2011, 10:28:56 pm »
ok follow up questions mga sissies. i also pray marami ng cla inoffer or binigay pero bakit sa lahat ng qualities that im looking for may kulang na isa or dalawa katangian.am i being too perfectionist? 

Frozen Toes

  • Guest
Re: praying for your partner in life
« Reply #383 on: November 05, 2011, 11:36:37 pm »
^ It's possible na perfectionist ka nga, but it's also possible na hindi mo pa nameemeet yung person who can make you see beyond his imperfections.

I know this has been said so many times but I'll say it anyway: only God is perfect. Each person has his/her own shortcomings. That's why we need forbearance. Hence, in choosing our partner in life, siguro isipin natin kung kaya nating tanggapin kung ano man yung qualities na hindi natin gusto sa kanila.

Not just because we don't like something about them, it automatically means it's wrong na. And if it's really wrong, perhaps we could help them straighten things out.

For me, I have negotiable and non-negotiable issues pagdating dyan. Under negotiable, yung mga qualities ng isang tao na kaya ko i-forbear. Under non-negotiable naman yung mga deal breakers for me. Unang-una na dyan ang faith. The man I'll marry must be Christian. Period, no erase.

I think there's nothing wrong with having high standards. We just need to be careful lang not to over-magnify yung mga mali sa kanila kasi we might miss out on something wonderful. :)

lilsweetangel

  • Guest
Re: praying for your partner in life
« Reply #384 on: November 06, 2011, 02:56:04 pm »
I never had a boyfriend. I'm almost 30 and by God's grace, been patient to wait for God's best. Though there had been guys who approached me but I turned them down because by fervent discernment I know I'm not the right girl for them. So I've prayed so intently for that someone whom I can follow and submit myself to.

God's ways are not our ways, nor His thoughts are our thoughts. His plan is the grandest and could not be outdone. I realized that the long waiting is the GIFT in itself. The waiting part formed and molded me to be the best woman I could become. God's timing is perfect. When He saw that I'm ready, He gave me my boyfriend. And same goes with him, God has been working in his life. Most of my essentials are in him. Not exactly my type of guy (physically) but his heart, his leadership skills, servant hearted, his maturity,his being formed spiritually drew me closer to him. The more I got to know him, the more I experienced the Lord. And now that we agreed to enter into a relationship, I'm blessed by the grace that I walk side by side with him as we both please the Lord in our relationship. Looking back, all the waiting is worth it :)

Nabasa ko sa isang site: Waiting is one of God's most powerful tools of grace. It's important to realize in your ministry that God doesn't just give us grace for the wait. The wait itself is a gift of grace. You see, waiting is not only about what you will receive at the end of the wait. Waiting is about what you will become as you wait. ~ Paul Tripp, "5 Reasons why God calls us to wait"

stameygirl

  • Guest
Re: praying for your partner in life
« Reply #385 on: November 08, 2011, 01:27:46 pm »
I think this is a great read. It broke down a mindset that I used to have regarding finding "The One". :)

The Myth of God's Perfect Choice (GPC) by Pastor Dennis Sy
http://www.actlikeaman.org/myth-gods-perfect-choice-gpc/

Sila ba ng wife niya yung nasa CoffeeMate commercial?

Frozen Toes

  • Guest
Re: praying for your partner in life
« Reply #386 on: November 08, 2011, 03:53:18 pm »
^ Yep. :)

Pretty Gorgeous

  • Guest
Re: praying for your partner in life
« Reply #387 on: November 08, 2011, 11:21:57 pm »
Iam praying that my bf FS will be my husband na and will get married  :)

princessette

  • Guest
Re: praying for your partner in life
« Reply #388 on: November 16, 2011, 08:40:31 pm »
I never had a boyfriend. I'm almost 30 and by God's grace, been patient to wait for God's best. Though there had been guys who approached me but I turned them down because by fervent discernment I know I'm not the right girl for them. So I've prayed so intently for that someone whom I can follow and submit myself to.

God's ways are not our ways, nor His thoughts are our thoughts. His plan is the grandest and could not be outdone. I realized that the long waiting is the GIFT in itself. The waiting part formed and molded me to be the best woman I could become. God's timing is perfect. When He saw that I'm ready, He gave me my boyfriend. And same goes with him, God has been working in his life. Most of my essentials are in him. Not exactly my type of guy (physically) but his heart, his leadership skills, servant hearted, his maturity,his being formed spiritually drew me closer to him. The more I got to know him, the more I experienced the Lord. And now that we agreed to enter into a relationship, I'm blessed by the grace that I walk side by side with him as we both please the Lord in our relationship. Looking back, all the waiting is worth it :)

Nabasa ko sa isang site: Waiting is one of God's most powerful tools of grace. It's important to realize in your ministry that God doesn't just give us grace for the wait. The wait itself is a gift of grace. You see, waiting is not only about what you will receive at the end of the wait. Waiting is about what you will become as you wait. ~ Paul Tripp, "5 Reasons why God calls us to wait"

nakakainspire naman po ikaw sis. :) i'm going to 30 next year and never had a bf, it was scary at first but then it also made me think na hindi naman I was given this chance to enjoy being single so I have to make the most out of it, if there will be a guy then let it be by God's will.  and just like you I would really hope it will be worth the wait :)

blood_siren

  • Guest
Re: praying for your partner in life
« Reply #389 on: November 21, 2011, 09:43:22 am »
sana nga worth ang waiting natin mga sissies!! haiyssst! :'(

killbill

  • Guest
Re: praying for your partner in life
« Reply #390 on: November 21, 2011, 11:48:24 am »
i love this thread, very inspiring, sana next time makapag share na rin ako ng story na katulad sa inyo. God Bless

goldengirl

  • Guest
Re: praying for your partner in life
« Reply #391 on: November 24, 2011, 03:25:25 pm »
Back in 2007, I was so devastated when my boyfriend of 2.5 years broke up with me. I was miserable and would always cry my eyes out until I'm exhausted. My mom pitied me for being miserable and told me to pray so that God can pick up the pieces of my broken heart and live my life as happy as before I met my ex. She gave me the novena to St. Therese.

I fervently prayed to her every night wishing to make the pain go away and that if I am for single blessedness, may I accept it wholeheartedly, or if I am to get married, please give me a man that will love me truly. One day I receive an email from my sister in law and the subject is St. Therese. I read through the email and it says that "Once St. Therese has granted your wish, you will receive a rose"
I just shrugged this off. My skepticism growing because I have been praying to her every night for the past two months and none of my wishes are coming true. But, I still continue to pray anyway.

One day, my cousin gave me a textmate just for fun while I'm mending my broken heart and thought that nothing serious will come out of it. We text nonstop and met him a week after, the first meeting is followed with a second, third and fourth meeting. After our fourth meeting and hundreds of text message exchanges, I'm starting to fall for him, but I held back thinking that he will only break my heart.

One day an officemate who just came from Boracay gave me a keychain, and when I look closely the design of the keychain is a rose. Then I remembered the email that my sister in law sent me, that if my wish is granted, I will receive a rose. Thats when I realize that prayers do come true in God's perfect time.

After two months of courtship, I said yes to my textmate and after four wonderful years of being together, he is now my husband. We  tied the knot last September.

snowhite_12

  • Guest
Re: praying for your partner in life
« Reply #392 on: November 26, 2011, 04:52:33 pm »
^ It's possible na perfectionist ka nga, but it's also possible na hindi mo pa nameemeet yung person who can make you see beyond his imperfections.

I know this has been said so many times but I'll say it anyway: only God is perfect. Each person has his/her own shortcomings. That's why we need forbearance. Hence, in choosing our partner in life, siguro isipin natin kung kaya nating tanggapin kung ano man yung qualities na hindi natin gusto sa kanila.

Not just because we don't like something about them, it automatically means it's wrong na. And if it's really wrong, perhaps we could help them straighten things out.

For me, I have negotiable and non-negotiable issues pagdating dyan. Under negotiable, yung mga qualities ng isang tao na kaya ko i-forbear. Under non-negotiable naman yung mga deal breakers for me. Unang-una na dyan ang faith. The man I'll marry must be Christian. Period, no erase.

I think there's nothing wrong with having high standards. We just need to be careful lang not to over-magnify yung mga mali sa kanila kasi we might miss out on something wonderful. :)

sis he has everything, i could have a future w/ him, he's a Christian.we have same religion. My family likes him, i know he's really into me. one problem lang we have the same height. im petite. i can't wear heels anymore.  sometimes i like him when he's around when i have nothing else to do,but sometimes i don't like having him around.abnormal ba ako?

a.k.a. HELGA

  • Guest
Re: praying for your partner in life
« Reply #393 on: December 07, 2011, 02:22:21 am »
Im so touched reading on this thread. So happy to read such wonderful lovestories na nakaka inspire at nakakaiyak. Yeah! I shed some tears reading your shared stories. Tears of joy, inspiration and yes, envy.

I only started praying to God for my partner in life just recently. Same with other sissies, I thought before bahala na si God. Alam na niya kung sino yung ibibigay niya for me. In addition, I never had this longing to have a man in my life again. Ewan, maybe because of the hurt I had with my past relationship. Takot na ako magmahal at masaktan. I felt that I was not prepared to have another relationship. Ang dami kong hang-ups eh. Im too busy understanding myself and I know I have to work out some personal problems pa. But in time, I hope I will be ready for the man He will give me.

Frozen Toes

  • Guest
Re: praying for your partner in life
« Reply #394 on: December 07, 2011, 07:04:54 am »
^^ I think it's normal. Minsan ganyan din ako mag-isip eh. Pero I just always ask God to guide my decisions, to help me see the bigger picture, and to shift my focus away from my personal needs and wants.

I tend to be choosy din pagdating sa partner. Kasi syempre yung male yung magiging spiritual leader and I'm supposed to submit to him. So dapat makita ko na kaya nya dalin yung role na yon.

shololauy

  • Guest
Re: praying for your partner in life
« Reply #395 on: December 10, 2011, 08:10:41 pm »
nakaka-inspire naman tong thread na 'to and to the sissies here, parang ang dami kong narealize :D

maimai_09

  • Guest
Re: praying for your partner in life
« Reply #396 on: December 14, 2011, 05:09:17 am »
thanks for this thread.

momentum

  • Guest
Re: praying for your partner in life
« Reply #397 on: December 14, 2011, 08:31:48 am »
nice thread..hope to learn more from here  :)

mdy

  • Guest
Re: praying for your partner in life
« Reply #398 on: December 15, 2011, 08:36:37 pm »
I'm praying for my husband's health, that he'll be in good health always. May he be protected from all kinds of evil and accidents. And for his happiness :) that's the least thing I can do as he provides everything for our family... Financially, morally among other things. I love him dearly and with all my heart!

Filipinasadhart

  • Guest
Re: praying for your partner in life
« Reply #399 on: December 15, 2011, 11:38:46 pm »
We separated na pero ka hit na Paano nagging part sya ng bushy ko ka hit ano sa kit pa yun ginawa Nya for me. I pray na Sana ilayo nyo po sya sa kapahamakan at disgrasya. Sana mag bago na sya wag Nya ng dagdagan pa yun Mga problema Nya. Ipapaubaya ko na po sya sa inyo.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close