We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on FemaleNetwork.com. By continued use, you agree to our privacy policy and accept our use of such cookies. Find out more here.
Remember Me
Oops! Sorry!
A message has been sent to
johnjones@gmail.com
Click on the link in the email to set a new password.
Click on the link to activate your account.
Hi...im new here I have a 9yo son with mixed receptive-expressive language disorder. I noticed he is having difficulty coping up in school. He's already in 3rd grade and school works are starting to become complicated, more so, when he reach higher levels. He can only make simple sentences without reasoning. He was seen by a developmentalist in Phil Children's Hospital. The doctor recommended Thinkids for speech therapy and Worldlab for the reading. The assessment in Thinkids = P3000 and therapy session is P600/hr. The 3-4days assessment at Worldlab costs P5000 and the therapy session is P700/hr (minimum 15hrs). Too expensive and I haven't heard any feedbacks from these schools. Can you recommend tried and tested good teachers who could handle school-aged children? We're trying to catch up with lost years in my son's developmental years. Thanks ...
^ Quality Life Discoveries, Bright Beginnings, Chips, Healing Touch, Movement MattersI believe autism pinoy blog has the contact details of the foregoing.
^ My sons go to Dr. Lourdes ("Tippy") Tanchanco at Medical City. I am not familiar with dev pedias in Marikina-based hospitals though.
My son, now 3 1/2 years old, has been attending OT and SP as he was diagnosed with Developmental Language Disorder. Almost 5 months of doing SP, ang laki na ng improvement.. Dati usually single- to 2-word utterances lang sya. One of the goals initially was to make him say 3-word utterances, pero now more than that pa kaya nya.. He also can express himself more, so the focus now is on articulation. I am very happy with his speech pathologist. I was told she was the cum laude in her batch this year. Ang galing talaga and thorough when giving feedback at the end of each session. And you can feel she genuinely loves kids. The center though is small and a bit old but nevertheless I am very happy with my son's progress. But I cannot say the same with the OT. My son's behavior concerns me more now. While he is enrolled in a regular school as a nursery, with good feedback naman academically, yung behavior, writing, and attention/focus ang medyo mas problem. Though we started OT only in February, parang compared sa progress sa speech, medyo nakukulangan ako sa OT. Isip ko tuloy masyado ba ako nagmamadali mag-improve sya o dahil ba yun partly sa kakayanan ng therapist. I want sana sa Therabilities, yun nga lang lalayo kami, dagdag din sa expenses, di ko na ata kaya pang stretch yung budget namin. Any center as good as Therabilities within QC? Kasi now parang mas gusto ko tutukan yung OT.
hello mga sis, do you know any eating disorder therapist or food therapist? please PM me contact info.Please mga sis. Maraming salamat.