We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on FemaleNetwork.com. By continued use, you agree to our privacy policy and accept our use of such cookies. Find out more here.
Remember Me
Oops! Sorry!
A message has been sent to
johnjones@gmail.com
Click on the link in the email to set a new password.
Click on the link to activate your account.
Hi sisses - may nakapagtry na ba ng radioactive iodine treatment for hyperthyroidism? How was your experience? Any side effects? Any issues conceiving after 6-12 months? The doctor recommended to undergo RAI treatment kasi. I just started taking oral meds last month methimazole (tapdin) and inderal (propranolol). She increased the frequency to 3x a day.Hope to hear from your experience about RAI. TIA.
^sis, cant remember exactly, pero definitely less than 1 week yung isolation. nung pinabalik ako for follow up, normal na yung tests ko. I think about 1 month after yun? (not so sure since more than 10 yrs ago na yun). outpatient nga lang pala ako. yung sister ko kasi, pinaconfine pa for 1 night.
pag hyper ba tumataba? ganun kasi ako eh.
^sis, after nung follow up checkup ko about a month after RAI, normal na blood tests ko, and I started to feel better, hindi na ko bumalik uli ng doc. kala ok na yun. wala naman sinabi yung doc about maintenance meds. I had no maintenance meds, check up for the next 3-4 yrs. then in 2004/2005, dun na nagstart lumabas symptoms ng hypothyroid kaya I finally went to the doc (diff doc na 'to, not the one who did the RAI), and ang diagnosis is hypothyroid na nga ako. so since then I'm on maintenance med for hypothyroid
^hi sis zipporahkateI think mga 4 yrs after RAI when I finally took note of the symptoms (sluggish, weight gain, gas, constipation). that was 10 yrs ago to today. I'm taking thyrax 150mcg. it's a thyroid hormone. mostly controlled na yung hypothyroidism ko, there are times na I'm a bit higher than the normal pero hindi na inaadjust ng doctor ko yung dosage.