watch now

Author Topic: All about sewing part 2  (Read 263953 times)

MJasmin

  • Guest
Re: All about sewing part 2
« Reply #260 on: February 21, 2011, 08:52:17 pm »
 :) Hi, I've been rereading this thread for awhile, and I super appreciate the information. I'm planning to get a beginner sewing machine this coming week. I am contemplating between Brother BM 2600 or Singer Talent 3323. Which do you think is better? Both are priced at 9900.

I live near The Fort, so the Brother's office in Marajo is accessible for inquiries and free lessons. I also read that Brother sewing machines have a certain discount if you pay cash. I might go at the Automatic Centre at Market Market for that.

Singer on the other hand will participate in a World Trade Center event on March 3 and 4, according to their staff. But the Singer office is in Santa Cruz, and the warehouse is in QC at the moment. Staff personnel told me that Singer Talent is originally priced 12k, but since its their promotional period, it's down to almost 10k.

Price aside, the Singer Talent 3323 seems to have more and better online reviews than Brother BM 2600...So I'm finding it hard to decide. Nevertheless, I was able to download manuals of both machines so as to study and compare. I am a newbie when it comes to sewing, but I want a machine with less bugs. Never mind the blings.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 08:56:53 pm by MJasmin »

bach

  • Guest
Re: All about sewing part 2
« Reply #261 on: March 05, 2011, 10:56:04 am »
Hi! Can anyone help me where is this "Pier"? and Do they have warranty and how long? What are the services covered? How would I know that I am not being taken advantage of in terms of pricing and services? And BTW, What model and brand can you recommend for a beginner like me?  I am planning to sew everyday clothes, spandex tshirt, dress, curtains, comforter, maong, bag and gown (in the future).  Mostly a basic sewing machine that can handle all this textiles.

Msfi

  • Guest
Re: All about sewing part 2
« Reply #262 on: March 10, 2011, 10:23:05 pm »
sis san yung telahan sa taytay?
sorry ha ngayon lang ako ulit naligaw dito sa thread.. sa may Rizal Ave lang yun, main road malapit sa Parco at Rosario Ocampo Elem. School.  That area is full of stall ng mga tela, zipper, gater, at kung ano ano pa.  If you're planning to go there, let me know para I can guide you.

fairy princess

  • Guest
Re: All about sewing part 2
« Reply #263 on: March 13, 2011, 07:29:24 pm »
I'm so glad nakita ko tong thread na to! For years that I've been active here @ GT, never pa ko naka visit sa Crafts & tee hee! Anyway, I've been collecting fabrics like crazy lately.. Ewan, parang ang saya2 tingnan ng mga lovely prints lalo na pag alam mong rare lang ang print. :) I'm a seamstress wannabe..and I'm obsessed with Pillowcase & other dress for little girls. Sana maging maganda ang outcome ng experiments ko. :D

Sunshine

  • Guest
Re: All about sewing part 2
« Reply #264 on: March 13, 2011, 07:39:14 pm »
LOL! Pareho tayo. I have lots of fabrics na. Just last weekend ay may pinamigay na lang ako kasi parang wala akong time manahi ngayon. If I may ask, where do you buy unique prints?

persephone

  • Guest
Re: All about sewing part 2
« Reply #265 on: March 14, 2011, 03:36:04 pm »
^ I second the question :D Aside from Ilaya st. in Divisoria and the Fabric Warehouse, I dunno where else to purchase fabric. I am a beginner-level sewer too, by the way :) I cannot wait to get started on my sewing projects!

fairy princess

  • Guest
Re: All about sewing part 2
« Reply #266 on: March 18, 2011, 09:48:30 pm »
LOL! Pareho tayo. I have lots of fabrics na. Just last weekend ay may pinamigay na lang ako kasi parang wala akong time manahi ngayon. If I may ask, where do you buy unique prints?

Hihi.. Dito sa province namin sis. I'm from Davao City. :) May old store dito na nagbebenta ng imported fabrics. So far, dami ko ng natapos na mga pillowcase dresses and simple drawstring bags for my online shop. :D

Sunshine

  • Guest
Re: All about sewing part 2
« Reply #267 on: March 19, 2011, 07:43:54 am »
Baka pwedeng mag-resell ka? :)

causerie

  • Guest
Re: All about sewing part 2
« Reply #268 on: March 21, 2011, 01:11:05 am »
Hi! Pajoin naman. Gusto ko rin matuto manahi..pero as im reading posts on these thread parang ang dami ko pang kakaining bigas..i really
Really want to learn how to sew!!! Gusto ko rin mag-aral sna yung mura lang..thanks
Sisses!

theryanne

  • Guest
Re: All about sewing part 2
« Reply #269 on: March 21, 2011, 04:00:46 pm »
Hay nako! I bought a Brother sewing machine last September.  But kinailangan ko din bumili ng High Speed.  I was kinda intimidated to use the high speed, but now Im more sanay to use that than the Brother machine.   >:(


arielle

  • Guest
Re: All about sewing part 2
« Reply #270 on: March 22, 2011, 02:52:52 pm »
san ba maganda magtake ng course for sewing? yung pang beginners lang

fairy princess

  • Guest
Re: All about sewing part 2
« Reply #271 on: March 22, 2011, 09:37:43 pm »
^I didn't take any formal class muna sis since I'm a SAHM without yaya, limited lang ang free time. I learned a lot from Youtube. Kahit pattern making merong tutoral. :)

crafty_beader

  • Guest
Re: All about sewing part 2
« Reply #272 on: April 05, 2011, 05:56:18 pm »
honestly,im disappointed with brother sewing machine..one year palang [textspeak!] machine ko pero di na maayos ang tension...im gonna buy Juki DDL 555.kahit lumang model na pero the best ang features....

younis

  • Guest
Re: All about sewing part 2
« Reply #273 on: April 05, 2011, 06:02:10 pm »
hello join ako dito ah... parang nafi-feel ko lately na gusto ko manahi ng mga fitted sheets, kuluban ng unan, pillow cases....

ano po bang magrerecommend nyong model ng sewing machine to be able to accomodate my requirement, at syempre yung pwede ding gamitin pang-repair ng damit like kunwari may natastas ng konti or may napunit ng konti.

Sunshine

  • Guest
Re: All about sewing part 2
« Reply #274 on: April 05, 2011, 06:05:15 pm »
@Crafty-beader, yan din ang naging problema ko sa Brother. Do you regularly clean you sewing machine? Yung sa akin kasi, I was a bit surprised nun kasi I was just using it for a month ang weird na yung tension. I changed all my settings and ganun pa din. Kahahanap ko sa Internet, I found somebody saying na baka nga daw madumi, and true enough, may mga thread fibers na and a bit of dust. I cleaned up the fibers and used an infant nose aspirator to blow air inside the machine. True enough, the tension got back to normal. So far, okay naman yung Brother ko, but I always clean it before and after use.

--Ellen

crafty_beader

  • Guest
Re: All about sewing part 2
« Reply #275 on: April 05, 2011, 06:07:26 pm »
hello join ako dito ah... parang nafi-feel ko lately na gusto ko manahi ng mga fitted sheets, kuluban ng unan, pillow cases....

ano po bang magrerecommend nyong model ng sewing machine to be able to accomodate my requirement, at syempre yung pwede ding gamitin pang-repair ng damit like kunwari may natastas ng konti or may napunit ng konti.


if you have limited budget maraming choices sa pier..try to find metal ang case ng machine..i bought four sewing machines sa pier at ok naman so far...
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 06:09:07 pm by crafty_beader »

Sunshine

  • Guest
Re: All about sewing part 2
« Reply #276 on: April 05, 2011, 06:10:31 pm »
@Younis, yung simple Singer na atras abante, okay na yun sa mga curtains, pillowcases, etc. Sa repairs, depende sa ire-repair mo. Pag mga butas, I guess you would need something na may zigzag. I've been using Brother BM something, and so far, okay naman sya. Crafty Beader has an issue with the tension, pero yung naging problem ko sa tension, naayos ko eventually by cleaning the inside. The thing about my Brother is plastic or polyethylene yata ang casing, and as such, eventually, masisira yun. Unlike yung mga classic na Singer sewing machine na bakal ang katawan.

younis

  • Guest
Re: All about sewing part 2
« Reply #277 on: April 05, 2011, 06:15:10 pm »
salamat sa mga sagot nyo hehe ang bilis ah =)

@sunshine, yung sinasabi mo ba eh yung de-padyak na Singer sewing machine? actually, may machine kami na ganito, mga around 17yrs ng hindi ginagamit, kinamatayan ng ng lola ko. i doubt kung gumana pa ito, wala ng maintenance since then. iniisip ko na nga lang na kunin ang machine at gawing antique decor sa bahay eh hehe...

@crafty_beader, how much po ba ang range ng brand new machine for my requirement? if sa pier naman kukuha, mga how much po ang dapat na budget?

Sunshine

  • Guest
Re: All about sewing part 2
« Reply #278 on: April 05, 2011, 06:21:19 pm »
I-try mong ipa-recondition, may mga nag-aayos ng ganon. You'd be surprised with the resilience of such "old-timers."

younis

  • Guest
Re: All about sewing part 2
« Reply #279 on: April 05, 2011, 06:25:47 pm »
I-try mong ipa-recondition, may mga nag-aayos ng ganon. You'd be surprised with the resilience of such "old-timers."

really??! kahit ganun na katanda yun??! aandar pa kaya?!? actually nagdadalawang isip talaga ako kunin yung makina, baka sumama kaluluwa lola ko hahaha mahal na mahal nya yun eh.

san po ba pinapaayos ang ganun?

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close