Author Topic: CANADA-tourist visa related  (Read 141758 times)

Carecare

Re: CANADA-tourist visa related
« Reply #400 on: June 14, 2017, 02:57:33 pm »
^good luck sis! Kami pauwi na ng pinas from our canada trip! ambilis huhu kung pwede lang hindi umuwi e haha

ninglovesturquoise

• GirlTalker
« Reply #401 on: June 19, 2017, 09:18:33 am »
Hi mga sis, I would like to ask for your advice sana. My friend and I applied for a Canadian visa online. I was given a 5-yr multiple, unfortunately, my friend was denied.

The reason given was her travel history (or lack of) and her income and assets/financial status. 

My friend's profile -
35 years-old
single
earns 40k a month gross
She has a Taiwan visa. She has been to HK, Vietnam and Thailand.
She has an invitation letter from a friend in Canada, saying she will be staying with her during her stay.
She has no assets like property, cars, etc. under her name.
She has I think around 100k in her bank account, which she submitted.
She will be there for about 10 days.

My friend really wants to go to Canada. She is going to attend an event there. To make it to the event, she has to leave Manila on July 29. She is thinking of reapplying. She will present a travel itinerary and a cover letter. She is also thinking of getting a Japan visa before reapplying. What advice would you give her? What are her chances of being reconsidered for a visa? 

Thank you so much sis for all your help and answers.

melodymedley

• Junior GirlTalker
    • Adventure Accounting: Balancing Life on a Budget
« Reply #402 on: June 20, 2017, 03:48:36 pm »
^Sis. I read some blog posts that the embassy discloses the reasons for denial. Based on the details you shared, Php 100K may not be enough (I think it is but the  visa officer may feel otherwise if she will still purchase a ticket.

IMO, I'm not sure a Japan visa would help if it is unused.

================
After 11 working days of waiting, I received a passport request. Nalilito ako sa amount na dapat nasa manager's check. I read some blogs and posts that the manager's check should amount to Php 890 but I cannot find it here: http://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/Philippines/Service_and_Service_Charge.html#

I want to pay for the visa fee and have my passport mailed back to me, are these the charges:
Service Charge for Application Handling ?678.75
Courier Delivery of Applications to Applicant, upon receipt from visa office - 293.95
Total amount that should be in the MC is :  Php 972.70

I called the hotline but they keep referring to the website.

I get confused with this charge: Secure transmission of passport to the Embassy of Canada in Makati City, Philippines upon request by visa office (for example, electronic application) ? Price per Passport ---should I also pay for this?  :o
Balancing Life on a Budget
http://www.adventureaccounting.com/

ninglovesturquoise

• GirlTalker
« Reply #403 on: June 22, 2017, 10:53:25 am »
Hi sis, you are right, my friend has decided to wait until next year.

Regarding the amount in the MC, I'm sorry I cannot help you. I personally delivered my passport last week and they charge me around 612 inclusive of a 68 pesos SMS, which I wouldn't have gotten if I had known. So I'm not sure... I think it's over 500 for the transmittal fee and then 68 for SMS, which you really don't need since they e-mail you naman.

iamsuperizch

• Junior GirlTalker
    • RAD Interiors
« Reply #404 on: June 27, 2017, 10:02:21 pm »
^^^you said she will attend an event?  What kind?  Did she mention this in her application? 
You can't have it all.

melodymedley

• Junior GirlTalker
    • Adventure Accounting: Balancing Life on a Budget
« Reply #405 on: June 29, 2017, 03:52:09 pm »
Re the fees, I emailed VFS and these are the applicable fees in my case (I applied online):
P543.15 for the mandatory passport transmission fee, P293.95 for the courier service fee for sending back of passport and P68.85 for the SMS updates = Total: 905.95. Di na ako natuto, I still got the SMS service kahit late na yung text updates. I received text messages at 1AM to update my status.

Timeline:
June 5 - submitted my application online. Attached all the required documents to prove my financial capacity and establish my travel history. I did not submit any flight or accommodation bookings - I just submitted a cover letter reflecting my planned itinerary (Quebec is my mail destination).
June 15 - received a message confirming my submission & that my application is under process
June 19 - received the passport request
June 22 - mailed my passport (via LBC)
June 29 - got my passport. Multiple-entry until 2021 (until one day before passport expiration). Yeahbah!  8)
Balancing Life on a Budget
http://www.adventureaccounting.com/

cl1995

• GirlTalker
    • MCL
« Reply #406 on: July 23, 2017, 11:20:49 am »
Our family visa application went like this:

December 14 2016- Submitted our visa application online via cic.gc.ca paid C$100 for each application
December 15 2016- Message from CIC that our application has been updated and processed
December 21 2016 - Message from CIC that they need additional documents from my parents (Details of Military/Police service. they provided it. since my parents are retired military officials)
December 27 - Submitted the additional documents
April 5 2017 - After almost 4 months, passport request came in. (kala namin denied hehe. They did a background check to my parents pala.)
April 18 2017 - Submitted our passport personally at VFS office. Paid the service fee and the SMS fee
April 23 2017 -  Passport pickup with our multiple entry visa valid until a day before our passport expired.

dBum

• Junior GirlTalker
  • you're my little secret
    • cher-ishable
« Reply #407 on: December 04, 2017, 03:53:40 pm »
Hi! I am planning of applying for a Canadian Visa since my boyfriend wants me to visit next Feb.

Ano po ba ang mas ok, mag apply online or personally? Is there an interview?

Re: bank statement, di ako updated and nakita ko 4 months kailangan nila. Bihira kase ako makapag deposit but there's money at least 300k.

And meron ako nabasa na kailangan din submit mga old visa's, kahit ba yun us and japan visa  ko like 15yrs ago, pwede pa kaya yon?

TIA.
if i could have just one wish.. i wish that you were mine...

dBum

• Junior GirlTalker
    • cher-ishable
« Reply #408 on: December 05, 2017, 01:01:09 pm »
hi sis! how to apply online? kase i checked today, meron 2 choices to create an account:
- online banking log in and
- a government of Canada login

eh parang puro canadian banks naman yun sa online banking log in nila.

san don ang pinili nyo?

Hi mga sis, I would like to ask for your advice sana. My friend and I applied for a Canadian visa online. I was given a 5-yr multiple, unfortunately, my friend was denied.

The reason given was her travel history (or lack of) and her income and assets/financial status. 

My friend's profile -
35 years-old
single
earns 40k a month gross
She has a Taiwan visa. She has been to HK, Vietnam and Thailand.
She has an invitation letter from a friend in Canada, saying she will be staying with her during her stay.
She has no assets like property, cars, etc. under her name.
She has I think around 100k in her bank account, which she submitted.
She will be there for about 10 days.

My friend really wants to go to Canada. She is going to attend an event there. To make it to the event, she has to leave Manila on July 29. She is thinking of reapplying. She will present a travel itinerary and a cover letter. She is also thinking of getting a Japan visa before reapplying. What advice would you give her? What are her chances of being reconsidered for a visa? 

Thank you so much sis for all your help and answers.

sarsingkit

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #409 on: December 06, 2017, 10:15:57 am »
Apply online ka na lang. There is no interview so you have to submit every document  possible. My dad just applied 2 weeks ago and we got a result yesterday. Go to the GCKey then sign up. You need to submit old visas. They want to know your travel history.

dBum

• Junior GirlTalker
    • cher-ishable
« Reply #410 on: December 06, 2017, 05:54:30 pm »
GCKey, noted. thanks!!!

re passports, as in lahat ng previous passports?

congrats sa dad mo! :)

Apply online ka na lang. There is no interview so you have to submit every document  possible. My dad just applied 2 weeks ago and we got a result yesterday. Go to the GCKey then sign up. You need to submit old visas. They want to know your travel history.

sarsingkit

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #411 on: December 07, 2017, 01:06:34 pm »
^Yes. Plus you need to establish ties sa Philippines. Having a boyfriend living in Canada can be a red flag, thinking na hindi ka na babalik. So more than the money and assets, ties to the Philippines is very important.

dBum

• Junior GirlTalker
    • cher-ishable
« Reply #412 on: December 07, 2017, 01:50:32 pm »
hindi ko na ilalagay ang bf sa form. i mean i wont tell na rin. mahirap na, lalo na im 39yr old single. delikado.

tho gay friend ko ang magbibigay saken ng invitation, yon ang mahirap don :(

^Yes. Plus you need to establish ties sa Philippines. Having a boyfriend living in Canada can be a red flag, thinking na hindi ka na babalik. So more than the money and assets, ties to the Philippines is very important.

sarsingkit

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #413 on: December 22, 2017, 10:26:15 am »
^That is fine, however, the downside is if one day you got married and your husband will sponsor you as a spouse. Mahihirapan kayo sa timeline.

marge070407

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #414 on: January 16, 2018, 06:06:49 am »
important din talaga na may properties or business under your name.

mrs. sweet

• Mom of Erica & Elyza and a
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #415 on: February 05, 2018, 06:55:19 pm »
Just finalized and submitted our visit visa application today, hope everything goes well. Around ilang days para malaman kung denied or for passport submission? June pa trip namin dun, but have to apply early because we have trips on first week and last week of March and may deadline din kasi payment ng Alaska cruise that we are joining.

marge070407

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #416 on: February 08, 2018, 02:36:01 am »
Parang ang sarap magbakasyon. What month ba mura ang plane ticket?

mrs. sweet

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #417 on: February 08, 2018, 11:38:02 am »
More questions....

-If for submission na passports, may schedule ba yun when to submit? May expiration din ba until when?

-Ilang days inaabot before mabalik passports?

Worried lang ako baka magconflict sa trips sked namin. Thanks!

ninglovesturquoise

• GirlTalker
« Reply #418 on: February 09, 2018, 01:07:25 am »
Hi mrs. sweet,

Binalikan ko yun letter na natanggap ko noon, ito ang nakasulat, you "must submit your passport within 30 days from the date of this letter."

Di k na maalala how long exactly binalik yun passport, sandali lang, a few days siguro, hope this helps.

mrs. sweet

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #419 on: February 09, 2018, 10:11:24 am »
^thanks much! that's all i need to know hehe baka lang kasi magconflict sa trip namin. hoping matapos within this month para safe :)

p.s.
So, no need for appointment na? Just bring the passport and the letter?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 03:27:10 pm by mrs. sweet »

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close