Author Topic: [Need Tips] First time travelling outside country alone.  (Read 2238 times)

healthydude

• Probationary
[Need Tips] First time travelling outside country alone.
« on: March 20, 2015, 02:10:47 am »
Hello FN,

I just want to say that I've been using this forum as a reference for the "Stock Market" info and it was also the reason why I started investing in the stock market (I started investing when I was 21). I just want everyone to know also that this is the first post that I made here!

Okay so ganito. I'm 23 years old right now and I'm a male. I graduated as a Nurse and I'm already a registered nurse but I don't work as one kasi I got hooked into business kaagad and mas maganda para sakin yung business over employment kasi I get more time for myself and I can control how much money I can make.

I want to travel alone or with a buddy for the first time without the aid of my parents or relatives. I want to explore the world!

But I want to know how I can do that without having to spend so much money. I would really appreciate if any of you can give me some powerful tips about travelling.

Things that I already know:

- Use Airbnb for cheaper places to stay at when out of the country
- Have more than enough pocket money
- Become street smart etc

I know I can google most of the information that I should know but it would really help me kapag galing sa mga taong actively travelling yung information!

Thanks and have a great day!
- healthydude

simang

• Acts like a lady, thinks like a man.
  • Super GirlTalker
Re: [Need Tips] First time travelling outside country alone.
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 10:49:36 am »
There are a lot of ways to minimize your spending when traveling solo. Where do you plan to go ba?

You of course can wait for seat sales para mura airfare. Research about the place -- attractions, mga gusto mong puntahan, possible kainan places, etc. Bring a map (and learn how to read one hehe). Very important yan especially if you're going somewhere na hindi maenglish yung mga locals. Immerse yourself into the locale! ☺️ Diba nga sabi nila, if you don't want to be treated like a tourist, don't act like one. This way makakatipid ka talaga! Use their public transport -- trains, buses. Eat a local restaurants, ask the locals for directions. If you're going somewhere na hindi nag eenglish ang mga tao, it helps to have a dictionary for their local language. You can stay at hostels or dormtels para cheaper, at the same time pwede ka din makameet ng ibang travelers.

Hope this helps. Don't worry kung first time mo pa lang mapapagastos ka talaga. It takes practice din para magtipid when it comes to these things. Haha!

Good luck!!!
...all adventurous women do.

ohcmon

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 02:33:24 pm »
If you've never traveled alone before, I suggest within the country ka muna mag-solo travel so you can somehow have a feel of things saka para ma-gauge mo din your capacities as a solo traveler. :)

That's what I did when I didn't have much solo travel experiences. Naka 5 solo trips ako within the country before I did it abroad. Parang practice ba, hehe.

maimailove

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 10:12:18 pm »
Well, the thing about travelling alone is wala kang kashare sa mga expenses like accommodation. So I guess if you're really saving, perhaps you can avail dorm rooms. I haven't tried that since I like privacy but I think it will help you save. Listed below are the things I will advice as a solo traveler myself:

-Pack light! Sobrang hassle magbitbit ng bagahe.
-Advance planning! Planning will help you find the cheapest or the best deal around the place. Makakatipid ka sa research research. I was able to save thousands in my Japan travel because I researched about the cheapest alternative in the services I will avail.
-Stock up food in your room. If magairbnb ka better since most of the airbnb apartments may fully equipped kitchen.
-Meet and interact with locals. Sobrang mas maeenjoy mo yung travel if you try to interact with them
-Visit local supermarket.

I haven't traveled alone here in our country so I can't recommend places. But if you're planning to travel abroad, Seoul would be a great place to go to. It's my first travel alone and sobrang tourist friendly ng Seoul. But these days naghihigpit sila sa visa so consider Japan din. It's not that tourist friendly pero it's loner friendly. Lol. Sa Japan normal na magisa ka. As in may mga la mesa sila sa mga restaurant na pang isahan lang talaga. Sa Seoul kase rare yata ang alone, one time I was refused entry sa isang restaurant dahil magisa lang daw ako and they can't serve me.  ???

yojir

• Ms. Chubby Cutie
  • GirlTalker
  • Express ur Mind Liberate ur Soul
    • Solo Girl on the Road
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2015, 09:28:21 pm »
This is what I did the on my first time solo travel:

- If you're a budget traveler, why not go for hostels? Sa hostels, you can meet a lot of foreigners who are also into budget traveling and doing solo traveling. Aside from that, what I observed at hostels is that they (receptionists) are so accommodating with queries of their guests. Tanong mo kung paano ang pagpunta dito, they'll surely give you the answers right away. Plantsahan, di mo na kailangang magtawag ng service, do it on your own. At for sure, merong isang traveler na magba-butt in sa usapan niyo giving you the information you need and MUCH MORE. These solo travelers also crave for companions while they are on their destinations. At mas madalas, me free breakfast!!! :D Most importantly, find accommodation that is near the city or within reach lahat ng kailangan mo.

- Familiarize yourself with the surrounding. Don't go sightseeing muna for the first day. Go aruond the place. Look for near cheap restaurants. Lahat naman ng lugar mayroong mumurahing market or street food stalls din.

- Being streetsmart, Kapag ako naman nasa bagong lugar, like sa airport, i look at the behavior of the people or of the surrounding. You will really need to ask some to these locals, e. So, rest ka  muna for a while. Upo ka muna sandali. Look at the most approachable person. Look at where most people are going. For sure, listening to them, you can get or hear something very important that you need.

- magpapalit ka na ng pera mo dito sa pilipinas. Duon, mataas na ang rate. :D

What is love? Those who don't like it, call it responsibility. Those who play with it, call it a game. Those who don't have it call it a dream. And those who understand it, call it destiny. - Anonymous

Angelite

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2015, 10:01:31 pm »
I dont have the guts to travel alone. Tsaka parang ang lungkot kasi walang kakwentuhan.

17glut

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2015, 10:04:37 pm »
For starters, you will need a passport  ;D

curiouschellie

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2015, 10:30:29 pm »
Hi,

Welcome to the brave world of going solo (traveling)! I have done a few trips alone both locally and overseas na. It feels such an accomplishment to be able to do it alone. A few tips and trips i can share with you:

- start local. the Philippines is such a beautiful country to explore. I've gone to Palawan 3x already, but in different parts. I've taken fellow backpackers to Palawan, but shall keep coming back pa rin. I've also gone to other places, yung iba liblib and magugulat sila may taga-Maynila na pumupunta sa kanila. make the Philippines your training ground for solo travelling.

- read travel forums, blogs. GAIN KNOWLEDGE of where you're going. Some places talaga malulugi ka kasi mahal mag-solo trip. For example, lugi ka sa Bali kasi rentahan ang transpo dun para makalibot, the people are nice but some will not bat an eyelash when it comes to scamming travelers.. so be warned and be prepared nalang.

- use technology. I did a multi-city travel on malaysia for 10 days, alone. well, not exactly. i bought a Malaysian sim with data plan. set me back approx. RM50 pero nasulit ko sya kasi palagi akong naka google maps at naka travel forums.

-  learn what and how to pack. i learned by experience. my all my trips i brought with me one 25l backpack. i learned from both trips what to pack, what can be bought on my destination, and how i can best pack it to save space. marami kang makikitang tips online.

hope this helps and best regards on your adventures.

Asdfasdf1@

• Probationary
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2021, 07:52:40 pm »
The female note has many featuring stories which include fashion and entertainment. You can check here https://www.theportugalgoldenvisa.pt/2020/11/30/retire-in-portugal-from-the-us/ to find more steps of Retirement in Portugal. It includes a post about 7 scented hair veils of mist that will keep your locks smelling fresh. They know the skin around our eyes is delicate and their ways. Join them for more ideas.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close