Hahah problem ko rin to, sobrang daming ticks ng dogs ko. I have four right now, and they stay at my room. Then, ever since the weather got hotter, parang naglabasan silang lahat. Ang dami to the point na meron na rin sa kama ko at pati ako nakakagat! Waaa!

I had been using pet house for cleaning pero matagal tagal din bago nakita 'yung improvements.. Now nakafrontline na talaga silang lahat and so far, mukhang nalessen na rin 'yung fleas and ticks around the room.
Any other ideas how to avoid this?
Here're the lessons I got after all I've gone thru:
1. Avoid contact of your dogs to other dogs with Fleas and ticks. ('yung aso kasi ng cousin ko dinala dito samin, and yes, that dog was infected. Grrr.

2. Keep your dogs frontline (spot on) up-to-date. (Every month until mawala na talaga 'yung fleas and ticks. Kapag clear na sila you can switch from every 2 or 3 months for maintenance). You can also have the Tick spray for immediate results. But I'd still recommend frontline (spot on) as a must for maintenance. Purchasing anti-flea collars could work too, although hindi ko pa nattry 'to. I might next time I visit the vet clinic.
3. Keep footwears away from them. Or at least siguruhing malinis 'pag ipapasok ng bahay. Dahil marami tayong dinaanang we won't be sure na malinis or tick/flea-free ang mga lugar na napuntahan natin. Kaya kadalasan nagiging carrier din tayo.
Also Fleas and ticks can be harmful 'pag napabayaan sa katawan ng aso for a long time. Since they are parasites, they can 'cause infections with our dog's system. I have one dog na namatay which we thought because of this (it happened March 21, 2013) .we noticed that he refused eating and matamlay na s'ya. When we brought him to the vet for check up, his blood is parang red tea na ang itsura dahil sa dami raw ng parasites. The vet termed it as "Sira" na raw 'yung blood n'ya and he couldn't even get a clear result for his blood tests -- hindi na mabasa ng machine, thus we could not determine na we were too late. We had our hopes up that he could get better, had suero attached to him as recommeded by the Dr and bought all the medicines he needed. But after a few days, he died na (rest in peace my Eugene

).
Nagsisi talaga ako dahil I am guilty na tinipid ko sila. Kaya now if I see anything wrong, vet agad. May pera naman ako and it's really important to have emergency funds on the side for such emergencies. I can't let any of my babies experience the same thing for my mistakes.
Kaya po 'wag tayo masyadong kampante at matipid when it comes to your dogs health. Prevention is better than cure at mas mura ang prevention kesa cure. Mas makakatipid pa tayo at happy and healthy pa ang mga furbabies natin..
Hope you learned something from my experience..
