Author Topic: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?  (Read 163692 times)

angelholics

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #540 on: April 12, 2015, 06:17:41 pm »
thanks sis vain_kixie :)

sugar n spice

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #541 on: April 12, 2015, 06:52:59 pm »
^ oh now i understand LOL

I was thinking your question has something to do with my kids' case.

angelholics

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #542 on: April 13, 2015, 07:46:01 am »
sorry for the confusion sis sugar n spice, i just thought of pag may kids na kame kung pede last name ko hahaha.. kahit legally married na kase mashadong common lastname nya ... baka magka HIT pa sa NBI hahahaha

rastagurl11

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #543 on: April 13, 2015, 11:53:18 am »
I will hyphenate. Sayang my last name eh. Pero if husband's last name isn't pleasing to the ears, i'll retain my maiden name.

imprincessfiona

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #544 on: April 13, 2015, 03:40:58 pm »
I already informed HR and updated my status kaso wala pa ni isang i.d. na nakapag-change name ako. It's been 3 months and I am still using my maiden name. Maybe one year in the making ang change name and status. Kaloka! Yes, definitely I will change my surname. Maganda naman kasi ang surname ni husband and my married name will sound like a famous singer back in 90's :)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 03:42:50 pm by imprincessfiona »

tzikenn

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #545 on: April 13, 2015, 04:58:40 pm »
2years married and  before maiden name pa din gamit ko and sabi ng boss ko na Atty. its ok to use your maiden name and my husband cannot force me to use his name if i dont want so.kaso tuwing nakikita nung atty. yung last name ko lage ako sinasabihan ng feeling dalawa daw ako minsan my ibang tao pa na nakakarining kahit joke nakakahiya.

clueless_bride

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #546 on: April 13, 2015, 05:45:16 pm »
I have a question sa mga sis natin ditto nag retain ng maiden surname nila... did u encounter any problems ba or hassle or anything di maganda sa pag gamit ng maiden surname niyo kahit married na? like sa mga banks, billing, or legal docs???

_AiaH_

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #547 on: April 14, 2015, 10:06:05 pm »
^ well there are banks na hindi masyadong aware dito. yung iba, they question it and ask for documents, affidavit and such. back read ka sis, dami nag share ng issues nila about this.

i told my mom na i'm not going to use my married name. husband is not okay with it pero i insist on retaining my maiden name. ano nalang daw sasabihin ng mga anak ko sakin. parang it represents daw kasi our family as a unit and with me retaining my maiden name somehow shows na i'm not proud nor i don't love my husband enough to adapt his surname. why would i want to be constantly asked and would want the hassle of explaining lagi why i chose to retain my maiden name. pati daw sa properties, sa banko, etc baka magka problem someday.

i told her i'll use it when i want to. at this point, i really want to retain my name.

any thoughts on this?

vain_kixie

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #548 on: April 15, 2015, 12:07:10 am »
^^retain it as long as you want to kasi once you use your husband's surname, no turning back na.

katliu

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #549 on: April 15, 2015, 02:21:57 am »
It's okay for me. Maganda naman surname ni hubba!  :P

purplemommy17

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #550 on: May 04, 2015, 07:26:21 am »
For me wala din problem to use hubby's last name. Originally, plano ko sana hyphenated, kaso parang complicated ata. Dami pwede maging issue. So dedma na lang. Hahaha!

mysecretself

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #551 on: May 06, 2015, 12:13:43 pm »
I will, but I haven't yet. Hehe. Even in office correspondence, maiden name pa rin ang gamit ko. Wala pa rin naman kasi akong official ID stating my married name, although I've already updated my civil status sa government docs.

la_pinay

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #552 on: May 06, 2015, 08:47:38 pm »
^ same tayo sis! :D

nicoletta

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #553 on: May 10, 2015, 01:06:25 am »
Since I am a strong willed woman, I wanted din to retain my maiden's name when we just got married.  I'm still using my maiden name in my documents and bank transactions kasi even my passport is still in my maiden name. 

I'm going to renew my passport and hassle talaga feeling ko I have to bring my marriage certificate. How else can I prove that I am married na?  Hahaha  Out of respect for my husband and so he can delve into my own accomplishments (joke lang!), I will use nalang his last name.

Obachan

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #554 on: May 12, 2015, 09:06:06 am »
^^retain it as long as you want to kasi once you use your husband's surname, no turning back na.


Yes, this is true.
"When a woman marries, she does not change her name but only her civil status"


vain_kixie

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #555 on: May 12, 2015, 10:51:41 am »
Nicoletta, once married you really have to bring your  marriage certificate when applying for a passport whether or whether not you will retain your maiden name, hyphenate or adapt your husband's surname. 

Medyo regret ako i hyphenated, ang haba isulat tuloy hahahaha tapos minsan pa when its a formal document they really ask me if its my last name, parang duh hindi yan pang facebook lang.

ri-anne

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #556 on: May 12, 2015, 04:50:24 pm »
I'm using hubby's last name..pero i only started using it after 1 year being married, when it was time to renew passport etc..

here in singapore i noticed some of my local (chinese) friends they use their maiden name....kaya nagugulat ako, iba apelyido ng anak nila (husband's) ...lol!

And when we first met our property agent, he got confused as to why hubby & i have the same last name...he thought we were siblings! Hahaha.... i think not common practice here for the wife to use husband's last name

nicoletta

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #557 on: May 16, 2015, 05:44:00 pm »
vain_kixie
Ganun ba?  I haven't experienced that yet kasi all my credentials are still in my maiden's name.  But now that you mentioned that, I guess I will have to bring a copy of my marriage certificate with me.  Hassle naman, I change bags once in awhile pa naman so baka maiwan ko siya. 

whitelady17

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #558 on: May 17, 2015, 05:10:12 am »
Question to those sis like me who still retain our maiden name, sa mga forms, kapag NASA maiden name ano nilalagay ninyo? [textspeak!] SA mom ninyo right? Although may instances na naka dash ang surname ni mister, lahat ng official docs ko maiden name pa din. Like iyong SA medicard ko, automatic iyong company niya nilagsay SA last name ni mister iyong cars without asking me first.

imprincessfiona

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #559 on: May 18, 2015, 10:58:17 am »
I already changed my status and maiden name sa company like payroll, daily time record sa timekeeping to follow na yung company i.d. and bank account.next is yung mga govt ids like sss, philhealth,voter's id, passport na kailangan ng marriage contract from nso hay kaloka mag-change status and name.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 11:00:20 am by imprincessfiona »

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close