Author Topic: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?  (Read 163645 times)

pomelo06

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #500 on: March 07, 2015, 01:38:45 pm »

4years na kami married, pero un maiden name pa rin gamit ko. I renew my prc pero di ako ng change ng last name. Nag renew ako ng passport indicated na married kaya need ng affidavit kung bakit di ko adopt un last name ni husband.

stameygirl

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #501 on: March 09, 2015, 06:02:57 pm »
^ Really! And does the DFA have the power to reject your reason?

clueless_bride

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #502 on: March 09, 2015, 06:51:46 pm »
really sis? need pa ng affidavit? magrerenew na din ako ng passpor by Jul. I got married last year and i dont have any plans of using my husband's surname. kung walang affidavit hindi ba nila irerenew???

4years na kami married, pero un maiden name pa rin gamit ko. I renew my prc pero di ako ng change ng last name. Nag renew ako ng passport indicated na married kaya need ng affidavit kung bakit di ko adopt un last name ni husband.

pomelo06

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #503 on: March 09, 2015, 10:27:09 pm »
Yes, nagpagawa pa ako ng affidavit pero sa kanila din naman my extra charge lang. Di ko lang alam kung need mo din un sis, kc in my case, nagpa passport din un daughter namin kasabay ko. Advise ka naman nila if ever you need it during verification ng information mo.

prettybumbay28

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #504 on: March 10, 2015, 12:45:23 am »
Why not? Syempre proud ako.

det060403

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #505 on: March 10, 2015, 08:49:17 am »
Yes! Nagpalit na din ako ng signature, last name na din niya gamit ko... Hehe

evemetamorphoses

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #506 on: March 10, 2015, 11:04:52 am »
I was planning to use my maiden surname hyphen husband's surname kaya lang based sa posts either not approved by the government or too much hassle. I might retain using my surname and just update the civil status, get an affidavit if needed. I'll try to research kung san pwede makakuha ng copy na pwede i-present sa various government offices na pwede i-retain yun surname mo vs. sa sinasabi nilang they've been told otherwise. Pft!

simang

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #507 on: March 10, 2015, 11:21:30 am »
To those who are not using your husband's surname, what are your reasons and how does your husband feel about it?

clueless_bride

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #508 on: March 10, 2015, 02:38:37 pm »
Sis simang, i am based overseas kasi kaya madami hassle pag nag change ako ng surname like my RP, visa etc. mag change na lang ako pag nasa pinas kami.
walang kaso kay hubby, mas maganda kasi surname ko sa kanya kaya he doesnt mind kung retain ko surname ko.  :)

evemetamorphoses

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #509 on: March 10, 2015, 03:14:46 pm »
@simang It might sound selfish and shallow but my husband's name is a Tagalog word. We only have a few relatives using our family name; so few I'm not sure it is even listed in the phone directory. And primarily because my father passed away when I was 8 y/o - it's like a tribute to him. :)

iceheaven31

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #510 on: March 10, 2015, 04:11:06 pm »
I just had my passport renewed using my husband's surname. kahit medyo tongue-twister ang surname namin, i am proud that finally we share the same family name. here are my reasons:

1) because i grew up with a single mom and she has been using her maiden name since. to me, as her child, i grew up not liking that my mom has a different surname than my dad and my brother. i feel like she's an outcast in our own family (in one of her drama moments she says, "ni hindi nga tayo magka-apelyido").
2) to me, getting married is building a new family, and a 'last name' or a 'surname' is also called a 'family name'. using the husband's last name to me is an act of submission to my husband that I'm willing to build this new life, new family with him.
3) with the two reasons said, i don't want my future children asking me why are we not sharing the same surname e kasal naman kami ng tatay nila.
4) ingrained with our culture as filipinos, to me, a married woman who is not using her husband's surname (for example in facebook) gives me an impression that she is already separated with her husband.

with all due respect to other sisses here, then again, it is legally permitted not to use the husband's surname. it is still a matter of preference.

but im not changing my signature simply because there are legal implications (such as need to change in banks, col financial, etc) and di naman sobrang halatang maiden surname pa ang template ko sa pirma ko so eto for me e mas ok nang hindi palitan.

yannuh

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #511 on: March 12, 2015, 08:40:40 am »
i will definitely use his last name hihi:D (super eggzoited)

redsh0es

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #512 on: March 12, 2015, 01:37:14 pm »
yup I used it. i need to change my sign din dahil madali gayahin yung signature ko nung dalaga pa ko :)

simang

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #513 on: March 12, 2015, 02:02:17 pm »
Thanks for your inputs clueless_bride and evemetamorphoses :)

I am excited to use my fiance's last name, but I like to keep my last name too. I'm torn. Lol. Kapag hyphenated naman super haba na.

j.adore

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #514 on: March 12, 2015, 02:13:32 pm »
I had a tamad moment before kasi ang hassle magpalit so when I asked my husband if I can retain my maiden surname, he said he doesn't care because we already did what he wanted: get married😄

Hyphenated name ko sa work then husband's surname in government IDs. Kainis sila! Ayaw hyphenated kahit pwede naman by law.

gwyne21

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #515 on: March 12, 2015, 04:15:04 pm »
I am using my husband's surname pero hindi sa lahat ng docs. Maiden name ba gamit ko sa PRC ID, passport at credit cards. The rest, updated na.

makeupmomma

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #516 on: March 13, 2015, 04:20:08 pm »
Ako naman, I didn't have any hesitations. ;D After we got married I promptly applied for changes sa SSS, PhilHealth, and HDMF ko. :) I also requested for a new company ID, and updated my records sa postpaid line. Passport na lang at credit cards ang hindi ko pa napapalitan kasi medyo matrabaho, pero I'm planning to.

Sa social media sites, however, I use my Maiden-Married name. Kasi maraming mas kilala ako sa maiden name ko (I got married just 2 years ago). :P

mebpa

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #517 on: March 14, 2015, 09:58:23 am »
Before we got married, I didn't want to coz I like my maiden surname; but after we got married, I just changed it without hesitating. I would have wanted the hyphenated surname but it is just too tedious to write so I just opted for his surname for legal docs. But in social media accounts, I use the hyphenated surname since I had to just type it once.

mei-mei

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #518 on: April 04, 2015, 06:45:05 pm »
Really? Need ng affidavit? I renewed my passport with still my maiden name and wala naman silang ni-require. I just had to change my status to Married. It's a right we have under current PH law to retain our maiden surname.

http://www.manilatimes.net/married-woman-obliged-use-husbands-surname/116208/

_AiaH_

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #519 on: April 05, 2015, 11:34:30 am »
i changed my mind. i'm going to retain my surname nalang.

question, sa SSS ba do they allow na married pero maiden name parin ang gamit? i really don't want to change my surname anymore.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close