Author Topic: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?  (Read 163808 times)

xoxocathy

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #340 on: October 20, 2010, 10:56:57 pm »
At first ayaw kong magpalit ng last name (my in-laws has this thing about their last name and all  :o ) because I feel like I'm leaving my clan! hehe and I'm really really close to my dad and I want to keep his last name, but then my dad talked to me about it and told me I have to let go hahahaha I have to give respect blah blah to my husband... and Hubby felt bad when I said I don't like to change my last name..... so I did changed my last name! I was gonna hyphenate it pero naisip ko ang haba! So I just put a space on it so parang hyphenated na din minus the hyphen in the middle. (did I make sense) So just in the future I get lazy then I wouldn't have any problems, yan din kasi nirecommend saken nung nagpapalit ako ng ID's dito sa toronto. That's another way of hyphenating it..it's not considered as maiden name though.

mgeoffrey_88

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #341 on: October 22, 2010, 05:56:34 pm »
first few months after our wedding, hyphenated lagi gamit ko (my surname-my husband's surname), then came the incident when i applied for my driver's license. hindi nila tinatanggap na ganun apelyido ko, na kesyo may asawa na daw ako kaya surname na ng asawa ko dapat gamit ko. i was with my husband that time...super nakipag-debate asawa ko (lawyer) na it's my choice if ganun ang gamitin ko... pero nag butt-in nalang ako sa kanila dahil gusto ko matapos at ma-settle na application ko kaya i offered na gamitin nalang surname ng asawa ko..medyo ayaw pa ni husband na mag-give in kasi mali daw yung patakaran ng LTO na ganun but since I insisted na tapusin na argument na yun, hinayaan na lang din niya.

Since then, surname na ng husband ko ang gamit ko but sa signature ko, hyphenated pa din. hehe....at least kahit sa signature ko, andun pa rin family name namin. hirap kasi kung puro babae kayong anak....hehe

cassiopeia

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #342 on: October 22, 2010, 07:39:45 pm »
ako I use hyphenated sa mga signature over printed name ko..heheh..
sa mga documents...pero usually surname din ni hubby gamit ko..whichever ok lang..im proud to be his wife and also il surely miss my maiden name..kaya ganun lang hehe..

chazin_dawn

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #343 on: October 24, 2010, 12:35:56 pm »
I use my husband's last name. Dito kasi sa Canada
([textspeak!]) you have to pay if you want it hyphenated kasi they consider is as legal name change. Ayoko magbayad. My gov't IDs are still under my maiden name (am waiting for it to expire) but my insurance, bank and credit cards are under my husband's last name. I can use either of the two basta hindi hyphenated.

princessa bratinella

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #344 on: October 25, 2010, 06:37:14 am »
i will be using my husband's surname pero all my documents are still being worked on. hahaha, wala pa ni isang updated. although we have been married 17 days pa lang naman.  :D

rara_avis

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #345 on: October 25, 2010, 04:13:23 pm »
I use the hyphenated format kasi my work email bears my maiden name and honestly my maiden name sounds better than my Husband's surname. hehe.

chengkii

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #346 on: October 25, 2010, 10:11:42 pm »
Ako din, attached sa maiden name. LOL.
Well, hubby wants me to use his last name talaga. When I submitted my marriage contract to the office, they changed na my name in the HRIS system and 201 files. Kalerki. They didn't even ask me ha. Pero, ayun, hassle lang, kasi I had to go thru the looong processes of changing my name in my SSS ID (na 48 years bago ma-issue), my passport (which also costs something). Iyun mga bank documents naman, madali lang. Basta lahat ng sa private, ok lang. Iyun mga sa government ang hassle.
Until now, passport ko pa lang ang gov't ID ko na married name na ang pangalan. Pero iyun mga SSS, haaay....i dont know when it will arrive.

goddessjem

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #347 on: October 30, 2010, 11:17:40 pm »
I use my husband's surname..I'm proud to be his wife. sa ibang documents, hypenated, [textspeak!] hindi naman lahat alam na nag asawa na ako.. ;)

frapuccino

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #348 on: December 08, 2010, 02:14:47 am »
Hypenated din gamit ko, kasi naman very common na nga name ko tapos very common rin last name ng asawa ko. Eh yung lastname ko before I got married was unique. hehe

pretinnes

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #349 on: December 08, 2010, 02:48:30 am »
puwedeng bang hindi gamitin ang last name ng husband, as in iyong maiden lang talaga gamitin mo? parang may nabasa kasi ako somewhere na sa pinas, kailangan talaga gamitin ang last name ng husband.

babypowder99

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #350 on: December 09, 2010, 05:35:52 pm »
mga sis pwede ba akong di magpapalit muna ng passport using my husband lastname? since dipa naman expired yong passport ko or need ko kumuha ng new under my husband lastname? para makakuha ng visa? any idea?

mariedairy

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #351 on: December 20, 2010, 01:22:34 pm »
of course wala na yung hyphenated. mas maganda kasi surname ng asawa ko.

quennna

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #352 on: December 20, 2010, 03:46:04 pm »
married for 3 yrs na..
pero always hyphenated surname ko..
even sa business cards, memo.. other docs..
its hard to let go of my parents name..
sobrang hirap.. lol..

minsan nasita ako ni husband kasi nag fill up ako ng form..
old surname nalagay ko instead of new surname..
di pa rin sanay... hahaha..



cream_puffs

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #353 on: December 22, 2010, 09:59:23 am »
hi sisses, ask ko lang ano yung pinakaunang government id na napalitan nyo ng surname? kasi baka makuha ko na next month yung last pay ko from our office e yung cheque e new surname ko na nakalagay. baka di ko ma-encash kasi lahat ng id ko maiden name. huhu. thanks po mga sis.

pixiedusk

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #354 on: December 22, 2010, 02:24:30 pm »
at first im hesitant to use my hubby's surname cuz its LITTLE im scared to be made fun of here.... pero when i did people find my surname endearing hehe

so yes im using mu hubby's surname with pride na!

artangulay

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #355 on: January 05, 2011, 06:16:23 pm »
i'm using hyphenated surname.. pero sa mga documents sa office, hindi sila pumapayag na gnun ang gamitin ko.. dapat daw [textspeak!] surname ko e [textspeak!] sa husband ko then my maiden name will be my middle.. so sa mga legal documents, surname ng husband ko ginagamit.. pero sa mga forms that i fill-up, i use hyphenated... understood naman un that its my maiden-hubby's surname..

we never had a problem on what surname i'll be using.. my husband is open to these concepts.. anyways, nasa batas naman yan that the girl can choose to retain her maiden name or use her husband's.. :)

miss understood

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #356 on: January 10, 2011, 07:15:01 am »
wanna keep my maiden name... kasi surname ni hubby nasa end part ng alphabet. hahaha ang babaw. joke!

kumikosan_9

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #357 on: January 12, 2011, 02:31:45 pm »
i was planning na hyphenated, but its too long hassle sobra lalo na in filling up forms which I hate.. ;D

ladykristinn

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #358 on: January 26, 2011, 12:43:30 am »
I'm married for more than 2 years na but until now I still use my single family name. good thing na I used my japanese name kasi it's normal naman na japanese wives don't follow the family name of their husbands thought the children MUST follow their father's surname. I just don't know why most of the filipinas who are married to japanese follow the surname's of their husbands. siguro they are following the phil. custom na you will follow the surname of your husband. btw, is there a law that states that we must do that? isa pang reason why I didn't use my hubby's surname is that ayaw ko sa surname nya.  ;D masyado kasing ordinary. parang sa town namin andaming ganun ang apelyido tapos hindi pa lahat magkakamag anak. what more sa buong pilipinas. samantalang sa surname ko nung single ako kami lang ang ganung apelyido sa town namin at magkakamag anak lahat.

ebiko

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #359 on: January 26, 2011, 09:53:30 am »
  btw, is there a law that states that we must do that? 


wala po   :) we, married women, may option either to use our own surname or husband's surname.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close