watch now

Author Topic: The Laptop Thread  (Read 119769 times)

pink

  • Guest
Re: The Laptop Thread
« Reply #260 on: July 02, 2010, 10:43:28 pm »
^sis tonette815, yes, I got my letter one week after the pc show. how much ba ang deal sa'yo? ok naman ang Lenovo U460 so far. medyo nalalakihan lang ako kasi sanay ako sa 12in. but it's weighs the same as my old lappie so ok lang kasi <2kg. yun nga lang akala ko NVidia 310M GPU kagaya nung demo unit ng Singtel. I'm sure NVidia yun kasi I checked. But the lappie only uses Intel HD GPU. Well, ok na rin... di rin naman talaga nila inispecify ang GPU. normally kasi kung dedicated nilalagay talaga nila. But the unit is fast and display so far is good.

tonette815

  • Guest
Re: The Laptop Thread
« Reply #261 on: July 03, 2010, 11:24:42 am »
^sis my lanlord's office mate offered it to my landlord actually and in turn told us his tenants about it... 900 (to the mods: i hope di restricted) . pinagtataka ko lang kasi sabi hanggang ngayon di pa daw natatanggap ng letter. so di pa niya nakukuha ang lappie. hmmm i'm going to use it as a temporary lappie muna then wait for the next show in September gusto ko kasi talaga yung HP - DM4 eh

thanks for the review on the Lenovo u460 sis ;) i guess for a free laptop ok na rin ang specs niya i was also wondering why they did not indicate the video card in the flyer. kaya pala

cartman

  • Guest
Re: The Laptop Thread
« Reply #262 on: July 08, 2010, 09:23:39 pm »
anyone who wants pasabay, bibili ako ng fren ko sa saudi mura kasi pag ramadan. wala daw tubo tubo, kasi bawal sa kanila. whatever.
basta 15k lang budget ko for netbook lang, meron naman daw ganun.
kasi na mimiss ko ang GT lage. pag hindi ako nag oonline sad.

sardonyx

  • Guest
Re: The Laptop Thread
« Reply #263 on: September 01, 2010, 04:28:16 pm »
this is to forewarn those who intend to buy HP laptops in the future...

recent surveys say that hp came out as the least reliable.  poor customer service na rin.  in less than a year's time, nasira yung lcd ko.  may line sa lower part of the screen.  since it's within warranty, they changed the lcd.  two weeks after, sira naman.  yun pala, di siguro nila pinalitan.  baka may inayos lang.  this time, pinalitan na nila talaga.  5 months after, nag aappear naman yung line below my screen. and the problem worsened as the screen keeps flickering intermittently.  this time, it's beyond the warranty period.  di na nila pinalitan.  when i searched the net, ang daming complaints about hp's lcd.  i bought my laptop from "laptop ng bayan"  and when i googled about the problem, this is what i found out:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Display-and-video/HP-Compaq-Presario-CQ40-screen-flickers-intermittently/m-p/162395

"I am working in a local government in the Philippines and believe me... out of 10 units HP 6530s purchased this year,  we already have encountered 3 units with the same monitor problem and we are expecting for more to come. Besides, we already stop procuring the same model of laptops and other other HP laptops. We are afraid of procuring the same brand because of the widespread monitor problem and we are expecting for more needed monitor replacements over time.... I hope HP will look into the problem seriously because it really affects our confidence with the product. Gladly, warranty service came to the rescue but does not guarantee that the problem will be fix permanently. I am an avid fan of HP and I love their products... but if no action will be done especially after the warranty period, then I am afraid that we might lose our confidence with the product."

sardonyx

  • Guest
Re: The Laptop Thread
« Reply #264 on: September 02, 2010, 02:49:34 pm »
just to add, i think in bad faith ang hp na may receipt pa talaga sila na pinalitan nila yung lcd ko,  worth almost SGD 500 daw, may breakdown pa.  although under warranty at walang bayad,  i realized later, di talaga napalitan kasi aside sa nasira siya two weeks after, may minor scratch kasi yung outer part ng laptop ko.  at yun pa rin yun after sinabi nilang napalitan na.  :(  while the second time i went to hp service center for the same problem and they had the lcd changed, may plastic pa talaga ang lcd.  so may comparison ako kung pinalitan ba talaga.  and this time, wala na yung minor scratch na indicator ko sa old lcd.

http://computers.toptenreviews.com/laptops/laptop-reliability-survey-reveals-asus-is-best-and-hp-worst.html
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 09:02:42 pm by sardonyx »

tonette815

  • Guest
Re: The Laptop Thread
« Reply #265 on: September 02, 2010, 04:42:57 pm »
hi mga sis... can any body give feed back on the 2 models:

asus X42JR

(see site: http://www.bootstrike.com/itfairsg/comex2010/ASUS-Notebooks-X42Jr-UL20Ft-A42Je-flyer-brochure-leaflet/  -- top most laptop)

or the toshiba satellite L645 - i 5

(see site: http://www.bootstrike.com/itfairsg/comex2010/Toshiba-Notebooks-Satellite-L635-L640-L645-Portege-T110-T130-flyer-brochure-leaflet/ )

eto na lang sa dalawa ang pinagpipilian ko both are at 1399/98 so specs na lang talaga and reliability

:) sana may makabigay ng feed back :)

pandaching92000

  • Guest
Re: The Laptop Thread
« Reply #266 on: October 07, 2010, 12:56:47 pm »
Ano bang pinaka ok n brand ng laptop? Im thinking of using Mac.

kissmyhappiness

  • Guest
Re: The Laptop Thread
« Reply #267 on: October 09, 2010, 08:09:12 pm »
Hey guys. I'm looking for a good laptop na ipapabili this upcoming Christmas but I don't know which one to pick. Please help me XD

When I saw the HP Touchsmart tx2 on their website, I immediately fell in love. Gusto ko sana kasi ng tablet laptop for a change, especially since I'm an arts student and everything. However, after hearing all the bad reviews about HP recently, I'm not too sure if I should pick this one. Anyone who has experience with this particular laptop?

Other laptops I've been eyeing are the $999 Mac (the Macbook Pro is way out of my price range, unfortunately) and the Sony VAIO SR series.

I use my laptop everyday for long hours, for Photoshop, surfing the net, gaming, downloading movies, etc. so I would need a pretty durable laptop that won't easily overheat (or preferably one with a long battery life).

Any suggestions/recommendations would be highly appreciated. TIA :)

tonette815

  • Guest
Re: The Laptop Thread
« Reply #268 on: October 09, 2010, 09:01:04 pm »
toshiba has the libretto sis touch screen siya... pero sabi nila the macbook is good for graphics work

kissmyhappiness

  • Guest
Re: The Laptop Thread
« Reply #269 on: October 20, 2010, 12:33:50 pm »
@tonette815 - Thanks for the suggestion!  :D I really like the Toshiba Libretto. Very unique. I just wish they had a larger version of it.

tonette815

  • Guest
Re: The Laptop Thread
« Reply #270 on: October 20, 2010, 05:54:09 pm »
^ your welcome sis nakita ko kasi siya during the last IT show here in SG. i think i still have their brochure somewhere check ko price nila to give you an idea :)

Gabrielle Andre

  • Guest
Re: The Laptop Thread
« Reply #271 on: October 20, 2010, 08:26:31 pm »
sis tonette....mas matibay talaga ang toshiba...mahaba buhay ng toshiba laptops.  tested and proven.
(toshiba die hard talaga ako hehe)

tonette815

  • Guest
Re: The Laptop Thread
« Reply #272 on: October 20, 2010, 10:45:00 pm »
i know -- same here sis... i'm using a toshiba satellite l 645 now... got the limited edition sis persian blue ang color ;) my dad also owns a toshiba... hehe


[-c-h-a-]

  • Guest
Re: The Laptop Thread
« Reply #273 on: October 23, 2010, 07:35:31 am »
ang gusto ko sa HP is HP Envy 17"... its RRP here is $3000 pero since I get HP employee discounts, I can get it for $1400 lang! This is incomparably more powerful than Mac Pro 17" as in

Pero kasi gusto ko rin ng HP dv6 3080tx kasi yun touch screen!! :D magkakatalo nyan sa specs. Choosing between HP Envy, Mac Pro or this

tonette815

  • Guest
Re: The Laptop Thread
« Reply #274 on: October 23, 2010, 10:57:25 pm »
lucky you sis. grabe discount na makukuha pala ng isang employee. type ko rin yun eh yung dhp dv6 na touch screen. saw it here na. not so fond of 17 inches though kasi parang kasing bigat na siyang desktop hehe

anyway still eyeing the hp mini - vivienne tam edition and the hp mini preppy pink.. makukuha mo kaya ako ng discount sis? :D sorry ot

ms. independent

  • Guest
Re: The Laptop Thread
« Reply #275 on: October 23, 2010, 11:03:38 pm »
gurls, durability wise, which is better- mac, toshiba, sony, dell? tia!!! still torn..

tonette815

  • Guest
Re: The Laptop Thread
« Reply #276 on: October 23, 2010, 11:07:18 pm »
toshiba! like our it consultant said... magsasawa ka na lang sa kakatingin sa lappy mo di pa rin siya sira...  ;)

ms. independent

  • Guest
Re: The Laptop Thread
« Reply #277 on: October 23, 2010, 11:27:15 pm »
^ thanks sis.. where is the service center of toshiba here in the phil?

[-c-h-a-]

  • Guest
Re: The Laptop Thread
« Reply #278 on: October 24, 2010, 06:35:42 am »
lucky you sis. grabe discount na makukuha pala ng isang employee. type ko rin yun eh yung dhp dv6 na touch screen. saw it here na. not so fond of 17 inches though kasi parang kasing bigat na siyang desktop hehe

anyway still eyeing the hp mini - vivienne tam edition and the hp mini preppy pink.. makukuha mo kaya ako ng discount sis? :D sorry ot

LOL I can but kaso kasi I'm here in Australia.. they were selling the vivienne tam notebook for ~400$ yata noon.. I remember the email I got kasi. Natempt nga ako sa mura! Kaso it's too small for me :(

mooncake and leaves

  • Guest
Re: The Laptop Thread
« Reply #279 on: October 24, 2010, 09:12:28 am »
Ms. Independent: toshiba, for durability. ;D but mas masaya mac. Ayii, magma-mac na yan ;D

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close