watch now

Author Topic: all about HMO  (Read 330023 times)

m_lim

  • Guest
Re: all about HMO
« Reply #580 on: September 07, 2015, 08:57:47 am »
^pangit ng caritas. mahal pa. yung mga docs parang nalipasan na ng panahon.

ibfc

  • Guest
Re: all about HMO
« Reply #581 on: September 09, 2015, 01:20:56 am »
We just availed of a Family plan from Medicard. First time namin gagamitin sana to have my son checked since may sipon. Then we're told that Individual/Family plans have limited accredited clinics pala compared to Corporate plans?! Apparently, you cannot use it on most clinics at malls, i.e. tmc clinics, healthway, etc. Didn't know it's like this. I used to have Medicard when I was still employed so I assumed it has the same benefits. The agent didn't even bother mentioning this to me when I was still applying. Not in the initial docs they would send you thru email as well. We even went to their Makati office so I can ask questions personally before I pay for it. So I am quite surprised they didn't even bother mentioning this. You'll just find out when you receive your card and check your booklet. Anybody have any idea about this or have the same issue? Thanks a lot!

fittotravel

  • Guest
Re: all about HMO
« Reply #582 on: September 11, 2015, 08:56:19 am »
Thanks for this sis ibfc. We are also currently looking into Medicard's family plan. Of all 3 HMOs I reviewed, Medicard ang pinakamaayos. But that's purely based on the papers that the agent sent me. I will look into this and will share my thoughts once I talked to a Medicard staff.

A couple of years ago, we applied for a corporate plan through an accredited agent but that agent enrolled a relative needing a surgery without our knowledge. Natural, tumaas ang premium namin the following year so we decided not to renew our coverage.

CARITAS
My parents have tried Caritas more than a decade ago. Back when it was just Caritas Health Shield. The best thing about Caritas then was, after the maturity of your coverage (10 years), they will reimburse 100% of the amount you paid for. Sobrang laking tulong nito because my parents were able to use Caritas for their monthly check-ups. My mom also underwent an operation in Makati Med. Caritas took care of the hospital bill! Tapos nakuha pa nila 'yung lump sum ng binayad nila 2 years after the surgery. Pretty sweet deal, right?!

Recently, we revisited Caritas to see if such HMO plan still exists. Unfortunately, wala na silang 100% lump sum benefits after the maturity of the coverage. Nasa 40+% na lang! Well, it still is better than a pure HMO where you don't get anything back after your term expires. If you decide not to withdraw your lump sum after maturity, Caritas will put it in an investment vehicle. May chance pang lumaki 'yung pera mo through compounding interest!

The only negative thing about Caritas is it can be a little strict in terms of its use (from our experience). We had to always get a form from one of its offices before we can make an appointment with their accredited doctors. :D Since I also have a medical background, I kind of have an idea which Caritas-accredited doctors to choose in the event that my parents need to consult or if they get hospitalized.

BPI/ PHIL-AM LIFE PROTECT?
Disclaimer: I'm not sure if this is the name of the plan but during one of my recent bank visits, I was referred to their sales agent who pitched me this new BPI product in partnership with Phil-Am. Also, this is NOT an HMO per se but one of its features has HMO-like qualities. With this plan, subscribers will have the following:

-Life Insurance
-Critical Illness Benefit (Phil-Am will pay you 375,000 (?) upon diagnosis of one of its 57 critical ilnesses [provided that you survive 3 (?) days after the diagnosis was made) -- one of the 57 critical illnesses is DENGUE!
-Accelerated Terminal Illness Benefit
-No Claim Benefit (you get 50% of your money if no claims were made within the coverage period).

Kung may mga alam pa kayo ma sis na good offers like these, kindly post it here to better inform and empower our citizenry. CITIZENRY?!  ;D Laban tayo, sisses! Para sa ekonomiya. Pak! Pak! Ganon.  :D


kim28

  • Guest
Re: all about HMO
« Reply #583 on: September 29, 2015, 01:49:41 pm »
Hi ask ko lang any feedback sa Eastwest Healthcare plan namin na icover yung 5 employees namin cheaper ng konti at covered ang pre existing.

thanks

beaubebe

  • Guest
Re: all about HMO
« Reply #584 on: October 14, 2015, 07:43:24 pm »
^Like what a sis recommended to me as a self-employed person myself, sulit ang HMO if meron sa inyo sakitin, or you think pwede maging sakitin (because of poor eating habits, unhealthy lifestyle, bad habits, and etc.). But if not, you can get a cheaper, in-patient type of health insurance na lang, yung nag-co-cover lang just in case may ma-confine sa hospital. Tutal, yun naman talaga yung mamahalin na medical expense. Save the premiums, spend it on nutritious food, gym, or healthy activities na lang. Kayo na lang din gumastos for the annual checkup, tutal less than P1000 lang naman yun. Assess your needs, see what's a good match for your family and your budget.

Hi ikaela, do you think I could get this just for my baby?

liana

  • Guest
Re: all about HMO
« Reply #585 on: February 13, 2016, 10:15:33 pm »
ano po kayang HMO na may magandang package pero monthly payment? nakikita ko kasi puro annual, semi-annual and quarterly lang. gusto ko sana ikuha ang parents ko (above 50 years old at isang senior citizen na).

I'm also looking for monthly payment terms for my mom (61 years old) and my brother (21 years old). Meron ba kayong alam?

So far Caritas lang yung nakita ko na may quarterly

May nakatry na ba sainyo ng PhilCare ER Vantage 80? It looks interesting and maganda ang coverage among other prepaid ER health cards
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 11:12:08 pm by liana »

bomfalleralla

  • Guest
Re: all about HMO
« Reply #586 on: March 02, 2016, 06:06:55 pm »
I've had somewhat a bad experience sa Caritas in the past. Medyo pahirapan sila mag approve ng pay-out, especially kung walang maglalakad nung process for you, which can be problematic if you're incapacitated.

rhumbafrapp

  • Guest
Re: all about HMO
« Reply #587 on: March 03, 2016, 07:13:34 am »
I got a philcare ervantage for me and my sister. She was able to use it a month after we activated it. Our new puppy accidentally bit her and drew blood.. Covered siya under emergency cases-animal bites. Ang covered ng card is the first vacc lang, which cost 6k, and the card cost us 1300.. So naka "save" kami ng 4700..
The card value is 80k , for viral ,bacteria, and emergency cases. Dami limitations. I think ang catered population nila is yun mga generally healthy people na minsan lang magkasakit. The reason why I got this is kasi takot ako above all sa dengue.. Walang pinipili e. Angdami ko kilala nun na dengue they spent mga 30-40k sa hospital... So it will help talaga if may card.. If ever.

I am thinking of getting a HMO for myself, pero ang naiinis lang ako kasi most of them yun consultation is nasa sarili nilang building. You can't go to a hospital near you for consultation. Anglalayo

charmed_chic

  • Guest
Re: all about HMO
« Reply #588 on: March 08, 2016, 10:23:54 am »
Has anyone tried Blue Cross Philippines? Looks promising yung sa website nila but when I got a quotation from their quote wizard, parang expensive.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close