watch now

Author Topic: New York City  (Read 167704 times)

gnela_21

  • Guest
Re: New York City
« Reply #280 on: July 15, 2010, 04:39:17 am »
Is it really hot there right now? I'll be there second week of August so will the temperatures go down by then?
Summer time ngayon sis. June-September ang summer months. And yes to answer your question, mainit! A few weeks ako, nag-heat wave sa east coast, they reached 106F = 41C! Para daw nasa sauna! ;) If galing kang Pinas, parang ganun din ang summer dito.

Vera

  • Guest
Re: New York City
« Reply #281 on: July 15, 2010, 11:41:24 am »
I plan to go to NY before summer ends but I'm going alone. How long do you suggest I should stay there? Will 7 days be enough?

Also, does anyone know the best cruises out of NY? Thanks!

jiffy

  • Guest
Re: New York City
« Reply #282 on: July 15, 2010, 11:45:55 am »
^ thanks sis junetwentythree... will be there 2 weeks from now..

IT_Specialist

  • Guest
Re: New York City
« Reply #283 on: July 15, 2010, 03:37:01 pm »
I will be in New York/New Jersey 9 days from now for business trip. Too bad kasi summer na ata nila. Kainis.

platinum

  • Guest
Re: New York City
« Reply #284 on: July 16, 2010, 09:25:13 pm »
am excited, going back to NYC this august. me naman gusto ko summer for a change ang punta ko dun for a change...

trebor

  • Guest
Re: New York City
« Reply #285 on: July 18, 2010, 10:29:00 pm »
it is my 2nd visit to ny next month but i wanna drop by niagara this time. anyone can give some tips on this plan? what bus to take? do i have to stay in a hotel there? ty

I've taken a 2-day bus tour to Niagara last year and it's not bad.  You take the bus from Chinatown.  Hotel is provided in the package which is okay (we got the Marriott at that time).  You can check their website for details.

http://search.gotobus.com/cgi-bin/tour.cgi?depart=New%20York,%20NY&keywords=niagara

urban_gypsy

  • Guest
Re: New York City
« Reply #286 on: July 30, 2010, 06:32:43 pm »
Hello,
I'm a newbie here. My sis and I went to NY last summer.
Here's some NY adventures during our trip:
- Crossed the Brooklyn Bridge, ate ice cream at the Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory and went to the Brooklyn Flea Market
- Rode the free ferry ride to Staten Island and witnessed the glorious Statue of Liberty
- Tried eating knish at the Grand Central
- Bought street food and ate them at the Bryant Park
- Enjoy the beautiful garden in Wave Hill
- Took a bus ride to Boston
- Took a 3-day tour going to Niagara Falls, Washington D.C., Corning Museum

Explore the subway. Beware of pickpockets. Be open. Live it to the hilt!!

khriseeee

  • Guest
Re: New York City
« Reply #287 on: July 31, 2010, 03:57:48 am »
I think Fall is the best time to visit Manhattan. Not too hot but not cold either. I've been in Manhattan during summer and yes, it's VERY VERY HOT!!! It's not too humid pa so the sun really burns you.

I've been there in winter too and hated it. It's way too cold and messy when the snow turns to slush.

Haven't backread yet, but my favorite activities/destinations in Manhattan were:

1. Purchased discount tickets at TKTS and watched a Broadway show
2. Cheesecake at Junior's
3. Gyro sandwich at the 53rd and 6th street foodcart
4. Museum of Natural History
5. Bethesda Fountain and Bow Bridge in Central Park
6. Shopping at the original Macy's (I think it's 11 floors)
7. Toys R Us Store in Times Square
8. Street fair during summer
9. Food tripping in Chinatown
10. American Girl Store
11. Disney Store (hahaha I'm a child at heart!)


Things I wish I did
1. Visit other museums
2. Try the frozen hot chocolate at Serendipity
3. Visit the castle (forgot the name) in central park
4. Free concerts during summer


gnela_21

  • Guest
Re: New York City
« Reply #288 on: August 19, 2010, 11:07:57 pm »
we'll be in NYC this coming week, although we'll have a side-trip to Boston. :) will try to squeeze in everything I've read here.

gnela_21

  • Guest
Re: New York City
« Reply #289 on: August 28, 2010, 11:00:34 pm »
i'm currently here in NYC! :) we'll be here 'til monday. the city that never sleeps :))

junetwentythree

  • Guest
Re: New York City
« Reply #290 on: August 29, 2010, 05:55:42 am »
^ Good for you :) Enjoy the nice weather!

bertinelli

  • Guest
Re: New York City
« Reply #291 on: September 06, 2010, 09:31:57 pm »
sa mga mahilig sa chocolates check out Jacques Torres sa may DUMBO (Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass). across it is Almondine. try the croissants there.

orangepulp

  • Guest
Re: New York City
« Reply #292 on: September 07, 2010, 12:52:03 pm »
I miss NY. It's been years since I've visited.

azil

  • Guest
Re: New York City
« Reply #293 on: September 08, 2010, 10:27:36 am »
mga Sis,ask ko lang regarding sa pagapply ng visa,immigrant/permanent resident ang status namin ng husband ko at gusto ko papuntahin dito mother ko sa christmas pero ipapasama namin ang isa kong pamangkin na 4 years old,paano kaya namin makukuhanan ng visa yun pamangkin ko?hindi kaya kami mahihirapan?Baka may mga me idea dyan na nkaexperience ng ganito.Please share nman po. Thank you.

bankrun

  • Guest
Re: New York City
« Reply #294 on: September 13, 2010, 02:30:56 pm »
In NY now. cold cold weather.  :o

junetwentythree

  • Guest
Re: New York City
« Reply #295 on: September 14, 2010, 12:36:41 am »
^ Wala pa yan :) This is our Fall weather :) Are you here 'til winter?

yikee

  • Guest
Re: New York City
« Reply #296 on: September 14, 2010, 10:18:18 pm »
suddenly i miss NYC  :( i used to go here every weekend when i was still a Jersey girl. as i wasn't a gtalker yet that time, too bad, i haven't seen nor done much there but shop. hopefully, if time permits, i'll be back next summer and this time i'll make sure that i'll not just walk around Times Square, hehe

badmonkey

  • Guest
Re: New York City
« Reply #297 on: October 09, 2010, 02:49:23 pm »
Do you think 1 to 2 weeks vacation in NY/NJ is worth it?

I have been thinking about this and I only have maximum of 2weeks vacation for November. I really wanted to visit my uncle pero hindi ko alam if worth it ba considering na ang pamasahe ko is around 600-700USD.

My uncle is in NJ. For sure, I will be visiting the nearby states. I have a friend in Las Vegas and Miami that I wanted to visit too.

What is NJ/NY in November? The weather, fashion, shopping, and others.

Pwede ko din sana sila dalawin ng July/August kaya lang magkakaproblem naman ako sa pagkuha ng visa since yearly ang pagrenew ng contract ko. By the time na mag-aapply na ako ng visa, pa-expire na contract ko.


berrycherry

  • Guest
Re: New York City
« Reply #298 on: October 12, 2010, 05:06:22 pm »
parang na-excite ako magpunta ng NY... san pa bang magandang places  sa NY pwede mag-enjoy ang mga kids (4 and 3yrs old), I'm sure sa shopping ako lang ang mag-eenjoy.. ;D san may mga murang coach bags dun?

naughtybrat

  • Guest
Re: New York City
« Reply #299 on: October 17, 2010, 01:18:15 am »
hello! will be going to NY in a couple of days and i need your help  ;)
can you suggest a place where me and my mom could stay near the shopping outlets in jersey please! its going to be our first time there kasi  ;D

TIA

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close