watch now

Author Topic: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2  (Read 578512 times)

lyn

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #1600 on: November 06, 2010, 01:54:25 pm »
@kwinchesters, yup sis once you have your visa and you got the Pre-Departure Sticker and done with your CFO seminar you can fly away the same day. ;) Like I did hindi pa nga na dry yung ink ng visa ko lumipad na ako, have to get the same flight with my hubby. Buti nalang may seat pa, yung connecting flight wala na kasi, so we have to separate. And I was a chance passenger for my connecting flight for the next day. I arrived during holiday season, maraming sundalo umuuwi that time. Memorial Day kasi. Nakapatung ako sa US on May 25, the same day I got my visa since late ng 1 day dito US. I don't know about other category, but from what I understand pag na bigyan kana na visa at you have the sticker na bec you cant exit Phils without it, you can fly agad to US kasi may 6 months validity lang yung visa eh. So US Embassy would prefer you to fly as soon as you get your visa. But if may naka indicate sa visa mo na on this certain date ka lang pwedeng umalis, I guess you have to wait.

Sa packet ko, nope it's not included yung SSN. I have to apply for that when I arrived here sa US. :) Ahhh, y'all be moving here sa south pala? Nasa South din ako Tenneesse, Middle TN (Nashville, the Music City). ;) Anyway, once your hubby gets here, he can then set up a meeting for his interview para malalaman nya na hired cya.

^You're welcome sis itsmekmia. Glad I could help....yeah, I totally understand. Hirap talaga pag LDR.

kwinchesters

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #1601 on: November 06, 2010, 08:38:11 pm »
Sis Lyn,thanks again! All i can do is wait na lang till the visa approves. Ive done a lot of reading on migrating to US, sometimes i feel like life there is complicated,other times naiinspire naman ako,hayss..

septembernine

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #1602 on: November 06, 2010, 08:51:32 pm »
sis wala kapa ring appt letter? anong category mo ulit? sept kapa case complete right?

kwinchesters

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #1603 on: November 06, 2010, 10:46:51 pm »
sis wala kapa ring appt letter? anong category mo ulit? sept kapa case complete right?

La pa sis eh. F3 Category kami. Jan 1996 pa PD namin,ang current now is March 1995 pa lang. Di pa nga kami bini-bill ng AOS,ganun ba talaga? Need munan g maging current bago magkaron ng further processing?

shopaholic18

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #1604 on: November 07, 2010, 01:58:07 am »
yung sa mom ko feb 1995 nasend letter samin oct 18 natanggap after 10 days...inexpedite so probably christmas alis nila...hopefully may magawa pa sa case ko, aged out since im 24...pero ok lang, madali nalang sumunod...may plans na ako and i dont think ill have to wait for the f2b petition, least na sa priority ko yun...i need to go there the soonest kasi plan ko pa magreview and take ng pharmacy boards there habang medyo bata pa ko...

lyn

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #1605 on: November 07, 2010, 09:10:37 am »
@kwinchesters, you're welcome....yeah life here is fast pace and bills. Well, even there naman sa PI may recurring bills. You can't escape those mortgage bills, utility bills, water, cable, phones etc... Di ko nga nakikita mga neighbors ko, pag nasa bahay na as in rest na yan. By schedule nga just meeting up with your friends. Not like there na after office hours you can go out on impromptu decision.

The rewards is when may na iipon ka (kasi most of the time work-home-work-home kalang eh) and major outing ka for vacation. :) That is pag di ka na te-tempt sa mga sales around you. You will definitely save some money and do a short travel sa different state or out of state for about a week or two. Or just a weekend getaway. ;) Before we had our baby every year we go on a different state. Ngayon, yung vacation namin is visiting my sister doon sa Ohio nalang. ::) Well, it's still a vacation I just wish sa ibang state kami magkikita para new naman. Ha ha ;D We'll be visiting them this Thanksgiving and then on Christmas. At least that's the plan. :) :o
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 09:13:15 am by lyn »

jafi19

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #1606 on: November 07, 2010, 12:51:56 pm »
Welcome sis :)

Very accomodating mga sissies natin dito  ;)

Sis I forgot to ask you.  Pag alis ko ba kasama ko na husband and kid ko? or I have to file a separate petition for them when I get there?  Thanks in advance.

kwinchesters

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #1607 on: November 07, 2010, 03:40:23 pm »
Sis Lyn, last question na lang: Sabi ni hubby pag napprove visa namin as family, mauuna muna daw sya sa US to find work at mag-ipon para sa pamasahe namin ng daughter ko. If after 6 months naeexpire ang visa,it means dapat makasunod kami agad after 6 months?

Thanks for sharing your insights. THis will be my first time to go out of the country kasi that's why i worry to a lot of things,we dont know anybody. we cant get support from in-laws, esp. sa financial help, you know how complicated things are with in-laws.

lyn

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #1608 on: November 07, 2010, 04:23:10 pm »
@sis kwinchesters, included na kayo diba sa F3 petition ninyo? If pamasahi ang kulang, yup 6 months validity lang yung visa. So kailangan nakatutung na kayo sa US by that time if hindi you have to provide a valid reason why to US embassy and it's their discretion na if they will find your reason valid or not. Pag not, your hubby will have to petition you all then for a K3 visa so another big expense, another wait and another medical and interview na naman yan.

I understand sis...I have lots of question din before too. And first time ever din sa akin to travel out of the country. If talagang gipit, he can get a quick loan if he can obtain one (but I really don't like doing this, last resort nalang...kahit complicated in laws I think much better to borrow from them para pamasahi) and he pays it together with his other bills (utilities, rent etc..) a lil bit at a time.

kwinchesters

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #1609 on: November 07, 2010, 07:40:41 pm »
@ sis Lyn- Yes the last time we check,naka add na kami sa petition ni hubby. Naku dagdag problema pala no pag di nakasunod agad. Naisip ko na nga din mag loan na lang pero sana magkaroon na lang agad ng trabaho si hubby. Dun pa naman sa Greenwood SC walang bus or train,kaya need din nya car,aysus birth pain talaga. Sana God will make a way to provide us for a start, He definitely knows what i've been through with inlaws kaya i just pray that there is other option aside from borrowing from them.
Nasa US kana pala noh sis, marami pakong tanong eh pero off topic lahat baka pagalitan ako mods.  ;D thanks!

kuruga

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #1610 on: November 08, 2010, 07:41:52 am »
Sis I forgot to ask you.  Pag alis ko ba kasama ko na husband and kid ko? or I have to file a separate petition for them when I get there?  Thanks in advance.


hi sis,

di ba F3 category mo na ngayon & na mailed mo na rin to NVC(marriage cert. & child's birth cert.)... so, no need to file na a separate petition for them & sabay mo na rin sila pag alis mo sa pagkakaalam ko...

current na PD mo sis di ba?

lyn

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #1611 on: November 08, 2010, 08:25:56 am »
@sis kwinchesters, You can visit this thread so our sisters here who are in US na din can answer your questions. ;)
 

Starting Life/Work in US - Tips and Stories


jafi19

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #1612 on: November 08, 2010, 10:05:14 am »




hi sis,

di ba F3 category mo na ngayon & na mailed mo na rin to NVC(marriage cert. & child's birth cert.)... so, no need to file na a separate petition for them & sabay mo na rin sila pag alis mo sa pagkakaalam ko...

current na PD mo sis di ba?


Latter part of the year Sis.  Thanks again!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 08:59:24 pm by jafi19 »

traveltechie

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #1613 on: November 08, 2010, 02:38:08 pm »
matagal pa sis...mag fifile pa parents mo ng separate petition as soon as they get a green card...lets just say one year after nila umalis, ganyan din kasi situation ko, if f2b continues to speed up like this yr ( 4 years nasakop this year )...itll be more or less 3-5 yrs waiting time...if one yr lang kada taon then 10 yrs or so...good luck to us...as soon as makapunta parents niyo after 6 months lang ata pwede na kayo ipetition...stay single of if you plan to marry you can have a child and retain you f2b status...you can get your hubby in a year naman eh...

thanks sis! pero as per my mom's status, around how long pa kaya bago mafinalize? she just got the case number and a letter for appointing the agent last week..

shopaholic18

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #1614 on: November 09, 2010, 04:14:08 pm »
^not sure lang sis kasi my mom's was expedited because my brother will turn 21 this dec...before he turns 21 they plan to leave na...no more choice of agent, interview na on dec 7..sabi sa letter nov 27 medical...lets just hope for a big leap for f2b sis kasi dun din tayo ma fafall na category...not unless we marry an american citizen and petition us as fiance/spouse which is another story naman ...which is possible...we'll never know.... ;)

kwinchesters

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #1615 on: November 10, 2010, 05:06:16 pm »
@ sis Lyn more thanks to you.

Anyway, just an update guys,question na din. Nagemail ang NVC sa sis-in law ko eto yung sinabi: As the beneficiary married prior to the petitioner's naturalization as a US citizen, this petition was returned to the US Citizenship and Immigration Services.  There is no provision for a legal permanent resident to petition for a married son or daughter.

It means,di na eligible ang brother in law ko sa petition?

Naisip namin baka nagpakasal na si brother in law prior dun sa pagka US Citizen ng nanay nila. Kasi pag Legal permanent resident ka lang ang pwede mong ipetition ay unmarried son/daughter. Technically, hindi entitled si brother in law sa petition dahil married na sya agad at di pa US Citizen nanay nila. Kaya pala pag nachecheck namin sa NVC- F1 CATEGORY pa din sila.

YUng case naman namin: nagpakasal kami year 2001 pa eh. YUng petition started 1996 pa so 5 years time  sure na ang US Citizen ang MIL ko. Im just praying na wala ng maging problema sa amin.

lyn

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #1616 on: November 11, 2010, 04:17:48 am »
^Sucks...I guess yung mom in law mo who is the petitioner (right?) has to send another I-130 again. Since invalid yung pag petition nya before...Or maybe since they(NVC) send it back sa USCIS, the mom can call them(USCIS) up and update the category to F3 instead of F1. And maybe they will still be okay and not have to apply again from scratch.

That will totally sucks if start from scratch na naman... ::)

kwinchesters

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #1617 on: November 11, 2010, 06:43:00 am »
^Sucks...I guess yung mom in law mo who is the petitioner (right?) has to send another I-130 again. Since invalid yung pag petition nya before...Or maybe since they(NVC) send it back sa USCIS, the mom can call them(USCIS) up and update the category to F3 instead of F1. And maybe they will still be okay and not have to apply again from scratch.

That will totally sucks if start from scratch na naman... ::)

Ganun ba sis? Ako kasi tumawag kagabi sa NVC to check our status, yung sa hubby ko as is-F3 na kami talaga. Yung sa bro-in law ko,ibinalik nga sa USCIS. Diko naman na tinanong kung paano maretract yung ganitong scenario. Nabayaran na nga nila yung $1200 na IV Fee, kasama yung 2 anak nya,non refundable yung mga fees right,denied or granted?

jaymien

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #1618 on: November 11, 2010, 09:45:26 am »
hi sisses!i'm confused! ask ko lang kasi nabasa ko yung packet 4,preparation for interview.na-lost ako dun sa checklist na affidavit of support (i-864 or i-864ez) and pati yung sa ds 230 part I and II?kailangan ba i-download ko lahat ulit yun para dalhin ko sa interview?i need your answers mga kapatid!thanks!

redpalm

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #1619 on: November 11, 2010, 10:54:07 am »
Question po.

I was petitioned by my mom when I was 25 years old-single and green card holder sha nun.  Then I got married.  After  a few years naging US citizen ang mom ko.  Does that mean wala na yung petition ko?  she needs to file again?  Ty po.

What the number po na tinatawagan nyo?  Was calling the 603-334-0700 number pero laging busy.

Thanks so much in advance!

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close