Author Topic: Divorce in the Philippines  (Read 139609 times)

melanzana

• GirlTalker
Re: Divorce in the Philippines
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2007, 09:41:09 am »
^One's marriage being "bogus" or had never happened, isn't that from a Catholic perspective with annulment? otherwise other people do not think divorce immediately equates that your past marriage/s never happened.

melanzana

• GirlTalker
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2007, 09:44:52 am »
mei napanood ako sa news lately.. i forgot what country (and kung law na ba sya or law na gustong i-pass) pero yun marriage license is valid only for 7 years. tapos after 7 years pwede mag-decide yun couple kung gusto nila i-renew yun marriage license nila or go their separate ways. yun ata sagot nila para mabawasan ang divorce. bawas gastos din nga wala ng divorce-divorce na aasikasuhin. LOL. baka pwede mag-work sa buong mundo pati sa 'pinas.

Diba sa Germany ito? it could possibly be the headline sa news I saw a few days ago pero hindi ko binasa.

melanzana

• GirlTalker
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2007, 10:07:44 am »
I think it's sad that there are couples nowadays who do not value the sanctity of marriage. 

The government I think through law, whether sa Pilipinas or sa US, cannot always fix one's marriage (or fix a person's cheating ways or a roving eye) or make a couple go to counseling as some have suggested here.  I think in the end it should be the couple's decision whether they want their marriage to work or not as mooncake and leaves said.

For those who are physically and verbally abused by their spouse, I don't think there should be shame in getting a divorce.  Either that or you still try to make your marriage work with your abusive spouse, in that case good luck.

badw33d

• "Bad and Weed" ~~ GOOD!!!
  • GUYTalker
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • badweed
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2007, 01:40:46 am »
heres the stand

Marriage in the Church is different from marriage in the state. (remember which country you may go, its always the state marriage vows validity not the one from the church).

so i say, legal the annulment and divorce in philippines, its the state's choice and for the peoples' benefit.

if the church doesn't want divorce, well its their choice... hehe.. ask them to pay the tax.
weed a man's perspective? message me.

.:jenny:.

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2007, 06:49:49 am »
Diba sa Germany ito? it could possibly be the headline sa news I saw a few days ago pero hindi ko binasa.

hehe nakalimutan ko sis eh.. d ko din naumpisahan yun news. pero baka same nga kasi lately ko lang din 'to nakita sa tv.
Beginnings are usually scary and endings are usually sad, but it's everything in between that makes it all worth living.

misao

• Just a
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • Can't we all just get along?
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2007, 11:17:10 am »
may kilala akong pinoy na nasa US, permanent resident lang sya pero nakapag-asawa sya dun. may asawa rin sya dito sa pinas pero divorced daw sila kasi may pinirmahan yung babae dito na divorce papers. yung kapatid nung pinoy, ganun din ginawa sa asawa nya dito... hindi naman sila american citizens. legal ba dito yun?

Starlust

• Island Girl
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • iMeow
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2007, 12:08:49 pm »
For me it should be legalized. I don't see anything wrong with it.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 12:11:06 pm by Starlust »
"Give a girl the right pair of shoes, and she can conquer the world." - Marilyn Monroe

can_dice

• Junior GirlTalker
    • this is my blog..
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2007, 12:36:00 pm »
Me too!

I mean, people might abuse it but then in reality - kailangan ito eh.  Mahirap ma-trap sa marraige na hindi ka naman happy dib?
Eavesdrop on my whatever thingies (BLOG), drop by:
http://candishhh.blogspot.com/
http://didimom.blogspot.com

juni

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2007, 05:07:25 pm »
in favor ako of divorce being legalized here.  agree ako sa sinabi ng mga fellow GTers na depende pa rin sa tao yan kung i-sasave nila yung marriage, kahit may divorce option man or wala, and that just because available yung option doesn't mean people will use it.

and sa totoo lang, mas okay ang divorce kaysa sa annulment.  pag annulment kasi, ang lumalabas e the marriage is void, it did not happen, it doesn't exist.  for people who went through and are going through a difficult time in their lives, it's like a slap in the face.  it's like you're denying them the fact that all the time they spent together, the life they had, the pain they're feeling--the whole experience--was and is real.  pag divorce, you can go your separate ways while still maintaining that the marriage did take place, but it just didn't work out.  acknowledging the whole experience helps the people involved heal and move on more easily.

another issue i have with annulment is this requirement na it should be one partner's fault why the marriage failed.  correct me if i'm wrong, but the annulments i knew of years ago had this requirement na one party shoulders the blame for the failed marriage, walang option katulad sa divorce na "irreconcilable differences".  sa irreconcilable differences, that could mean that both of them had issues and were both responsible for what happened to the marriage, parang equally to blame.  e kung sa annulment type na kailangan one person is the "culprit", ang unfair kasi siya yung i-blablame while the other person becomes the "innocent" one eventhough both parties were at fault.  e in most cases, a failed marriage is rarely just one person's fault.

keikaye

• Probationary
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2007, 02:48:37 am »
for me legalized na, kasi sobrang ang dali ikasal sa pinas, kahit mga bata pa... tapos ang hirap kumuha ng annulment...tsaka what's the point na mgsama un two people kung di na healthy relationship, imbes na u respect pa each other, u end up hating each other... minsan some people are better off separated....
GOOD GIRLS ARE JUST BAD GIRLS THAT DON'T GET CAUGHT

badw33d

• "Bad and Weed" ~~ GOOD!!!
  • GUYTalker
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • badweed
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2007, 03:23:37 am »
ang tanong , bakit kasi ayaw i-legalize.?
weed a man's perspective? message me.

freeswan

• I am the new superhero!
  • Super GirlTalker
  • I am a beautiful swan
    • Swan Princess
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2007, 06:34:00 am »
i'd say GO for divorce.

POV lang ha: divorce is just an accessory to marriage. if the relationship doesn't work, eh di magdivorce. if you fall in love again with your ex-husband/wif, go and re-marry. there are even people na thrice or even 4 times na na divorce and kinasal ulit. dagdag trabaho din 'to sa mga attorney sa bansa. compared naman sa annulment, both parties have to undergo traumatic hearings and even to a point na siraan mo yung partner mo and the process is very long and not to mention mahal pa. divorce is like switching off youy marriage life, at least walang hassle. if both parties will agree, hala [textspeak!], magpaka single ulit! ;D
I am happy. I am blessed. I feel loved. I am in love.

melanzana

• GirlTalker
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2007, 06:45:17 am »
^^badw33d, why don't you think divorce is or still not legalized sa Pilipinas? I can't think of a reason right now.

eolhcassyla

• "the Quiet"
  • Live,Love and Die!!
    • http://www.facebook.com/marcsalusa
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2007, 08:49:42 am »
i think ayaw ng simbahang katoliko yang divorce,dahil ang kasal daw ay sagrado....pero paano naman yung mag-asawa na ayaw na sa isa't-isa??
I found a little remedy
To ease the life we live
And make each day happier one;
It is the word "forgive"

cassieee

• My Favorite Things
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2007, 10:39:43 am »
I do not agree with legalizing divorce, kapag na-legalize ba siya kelangan pa ng lawyer diba? kapag naging legal, mag-law na lang ako, dahil sa dami ng magpapa-divorce, pati ako makikipag-divorce siguro sa asawa ko. But this is not the solution to the problem, it is in our culture, ang pagiging paternalistic at macho system ng mga lalaki, at submissive ng mga babae. And maybe due to the generation and environment na rin kaya tumataas ang number ng separation.
If husbands and wives would only have time for one another and if we are not living in this fast-paced society. Who needs divorce?
Kung binubugbog ka naman ng asawa mo, pwede mo namang iwan, magsarili ka, kaya lang naman hindi maka-hiwalay ang binubugbog dahil may dependency problem din sila, hindi mabubuhay ng wala ang asawa or kelangan andyan ang asawa para may magsupport sa kanya. Kanya kanyang views lang naman tayo eh, at kung sino ang may problem siya lang ang makakatulong sa sarili niya.
Dog Lover
Check my blog for earning opportunities

http://www.irwinagnes.blogspot.com/
http://www.mylot.com/?ref=aaaaaggieee

alterego

• GirlTalker
  • How's Everyone Going?
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2007, 10:48:46 am »
If freedom of  is in our republic laws,
then, let there be a freedom of couples to get annulments if marriage is a failure.
Marriage is only binding to those only sane,fit and stable state to keep it intact.
Otherwise it is doomed to fail.

We are always in a hypocritical state to admit there are many failed marriages in this high-tech era.

It is binded by law to protect certain interest only, let it be unbinded by law to the peace of all.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 10:51:22 am by alterego »

alterego

• GirlTalker
  • How's Everyone Going?
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2007, 10:54:05 am »
ang tanong , bakit kasi ayaw i-legalize.?

Respeto daw ito sa simbahang katoliko ng gobyerno at bilang pangunahing katolikong bansa sa asya.

ayaw ng mga pari.

melanzana

• GirlTalker
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2007, 12:54:13 pm »
I do not agree with legalizing divorce, kapag na-legalize ba siya kelangan pa ng lawyer diba? kapag naging legal, mag-law na lang ako, dahil sa dami ng magpapa-divorce, pati ako makikipag-divorce siguro sa asawa ko.

Like what juni said, just because there's the option of divorce does not always mean that every couple will resort to that.  There are couples who are still willing to work on their marriage by going to counseling or even by going to see their pastor, priest, etc.  It seems there will always be that one person who is willing to make a marriage work (even if the other does not want to anymore).

Kung binubugbog ka naman ng asawa mo, pwede mo namang iwan, magsarili ka, kaya lang naman hindi maka-hiwalay ang binubugbog dahil may dependency problem din sila, hindi mabubuhay ng wala ang asawa or kelangan andyan ang asawa para may magsupport sa kanya.

Unfortunately this does happen.  However it is uplifting that there are women who finally realized that they have to make a choice between their life (at times including their children's) or making their marriage work to an abusive spouse.  I'm still in awe of the women who decided to be strong and independent and finally left their abusive spouse(s).

manky

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2007, 11:57:21 pm »
^^badw33d, why don't you think divorce is or still not legalized sa Pilipinas? I can't think of a reason right now.

Kasi it seems that no one from the congress is pushing this to be legalized. Many people talk about it but no one wants it to be implemented.
Lower your expectations of earth. This isn't heaven, so don't expect it to be. -  Max Lucado

cassieee

• My Favorite Things
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2007, 12:08:35 am »
tama ka melanzala, I agree, sobrang strong ang mga babaeng kayang iwan ang asawa nila. Hmm, speaking from experience (di ako divorced) kaya lang ang papa ko, parang hindi masaya sa mother ko, kasi hypercritical si mama, parang kawawa si papa, feeling ko wala siyang masayang araw sa talambuhay niya na pinasaya siya ni mama, except siguro kung natutuwa si papa sa amin. Kaya kung si papa maghanap ng iba, or nangaliwa, hindi ako magtataka. Kasi ang views ko kung hindi ka talaga masaya, why stay in a married state? Siguro liberal minded lang ako.
Dog Lover
Check my blog for earning opportunities

http://www.irwinagnes.blogspot.com/
http://www.mylot.com/?ref=aaaaaggieee

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close