Author Topic: Divorce in the Philippines  (Read 139741 times)

kvan

• Introvert, Demisexual
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Accidental Cougar
Re: Divorce in the Philippines
« Reply #520 on: March 31, 2018, 09:46:09 am »
^I am divorcing here in Canada. The court will grant the divorce if the other party is not cooperating. Ganyan ex ko eh, ayaw mag-cooperate but my lawyer said that he will be asked by the court to explain why he isn't and he will be in contempt of court pag di nag-appear. The divorce will be  "uncontested" if the other party doesn't want to cooperate. Dehado sila actually kasi it means kung ano yung demands mo sa divorce papers, yun ang susundin. Hindi pwedeng pilitin ang kahit sino to stay married with someone.
"Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own" ---Matthew 6:34

mysterioza_me

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #521 on: April 01, 2018, 04:46:27 am »
^Sa Canada lang ba applicable yan sis? Naalala ko kasi si Gretchen and Tony Boy Cojuangco. Ang sabi di pa daw divorced si Tony Boy and wife niya kasi ayaw daw pirmahan ni wife ang divorce papers.
If a girl understands your b******t, stick through your mistakes, smiles even when you've done nothing for her , it's obvious she's a keeper. But it's also obVious that you don't deserve her...

kvan

• Introvert, Demisexual
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Accidental Cougar
« Reply #522 on: April 01, 2018, 05:27:14 am »
^If both of them are still Filipino citizens, they cannot divorce under our laws. But here in Canada, they are only given a specific time period to respond to the divorce minutes. If they don't, the judge will grant the divorce regardless. They just forfeited their rights to say they don't agree. Ang nagpapatagal lang is if both don't agree on something but not because one party won't sign.
"Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own" ---Matthew 6:34

mysterioza_me

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #523 on: April 01, 2018, 05:40:57 am »
^Ah yun pala yun. Thanks sis.
If a girl understands your b******t, stick through your mistakes, smiles even when you've done nothing for her , it's obvious she's a keeper. But it's also obVious that you don't deserve her...

sarsingkit

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #524 on: April 01, 2018, 05:43:47 am »
Divorce is a legal proceeding. You will be asked to appear during the process and if you don't you can be held in contempt like sis kvandenhaak said. Although, of course, tumatagal din ang process kung hindi magkasundo sa settlements like child custody, separation of assets etc. Pwede kasing gawin yun ng isang party. Pwede syang hindi pumirma and if asked pwede nya ireason out na hindi sya masaya sa agreement. In short, kung bitter sya eh gusto nya lang sayaning ang oras ng isa. Haha.

kvan

• Introvert, Demisexual
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Accidental Cougar
« Reply #525 on: April 01, 2018, 06:31:04 am »
^Correct. Pero each response requires to be submitted within a specific period of time, in my case, 20 days. Pag hindi sumagot, the court will ask him to appear in court and explain why he isn't responding. Anyways, hindi lang pangpatagal yung hindi magkasundo, magastos din. Kasi mahal ang per hour ng lawyers. Medyo mura yung akin but usually $200-300+/hr ang rate.

Girltalker2

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #526 on: April 02, 2018, 09:16:48 am »
For me implement ang divorce sa mga nagcivil wedding.  Tapos yung nagpakasal naman sa religious/church wedding walang divorce. Para fair hehe.

Don?t see the logic of fairness here. In fact, on the contrary, it doesn?t make sense.
Maybe you mean separation of law and religion.

Anyway,
Marriage requires 2 people. Obviously no one person/entity is in control of it. Kelangan yung 2 individuals magcooperate.  Magulong pagsasama lang ang hahantungan if you force 2 incompatible people to stay married for life. Dapat lang bigyan sila ng option to be able to move on, hopefully wiser.

Sa annulment, you cannot ?agree? to annul. If court finds out, they will not grant annulment. Sa divorce naman, baliktad, both parties should agree. But if not, it can take the process longer lang, may out pa din naman.

yung pagkait ng divorce sa atin ay isang way din to restrict one?s freedom of choice.

kvan

• Introvert, Demisexual
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Accidental Cougar
« Reply #527 on: April 09, 2018, 04:01:14 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzQatvdmAEI&t=308s

Why do they use the world "illegal" though as if it's something criminal like drugs?

dismembered

• Senior GirlTalker
  • Damn you all!
« Reply #528 on: April 10, 2018, 04:36:47 pm »
Not all illegal fall into criminal cases. When they say legal/illegal it just pertains to the law. So when they say divorce is illegal in the PH, it means it is not established in the PH law.

I think divorce falls into civil case category contrary to drug cases?

http://litigation.findlaw.com/filing-a-lawsuit/civil-cases-vs-criminal-cases-key-differences.html

But I understand the sentiment. When a common person hear these legal jargon they might  misunderstood the meaning.

"Look, I really don't want to go to hell, but I can't stop my nature. I'm just a hateful person."

kvan

• Introvert, Demisexual
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Accidental Cougar
« Reply #529 on: April 10, 2018, 10:22:38 pm »
^I see. When I told my co-workers divorce is illegal in the Philippines, they asked said, "Oh? So, are you gonna be in jail if you divorce in your country?" Yung former receptionist namin was divorced so they were joking that she shouldn't visit the Philippines or she might end up in jail...LOL! Sabi ko na lang I meant we don't have divorce. The only legal alternative is annulment.   
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 10:35:51 pm by kvandenhaak »

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close