watch now

Author Topic: Abused Women Support Group: Verbal, Physical, Emotional  (Read 206369 times)

kutingpie

  • Guest
Re: Abused Women Support Group: Verbal, Physical, Emotional
« Reply #200 on: March 21, 2009, 12:50:51 pm »
it's pains me a lot because im two months pregnant...  :'(

how's your baby sis?

Paulo

  • Guest
Re: Abused Women Support Group: Verbal, Physical, Emotional
« Reply #201 on: March 22, 2009, 03:09:42 pm »
^^
Zizternegozhante:
 
Since you were the one who went to their place to ask for your keys back then perhaps they can really argue that you went there and started the incident. I guess it would have been better had you opted to change your locks instead. Unless of course you really wanted to see the guy again. If that was the idea, then they have more reasons to complain that you started the incident.

Does he know you're pregnant? If he does and you say you haven't heard from him again then perhaps you can take that as a sign that he is avoiding you. Maybe avoiding the responsibility that comes with your pregnancy.

I agree with Dabidoo. The best thing to do now is to keep a safe distance away from the guy. If you really need to talk to him, then better make sure he is okay to talk.

Xine

  • Guest
Re: Abused Women Support Group: Verbal, Physical, Emotional
« Reply #202 on: March 22, 2009, 10:38:41 pm »
I guessed I am also abused hehe by many people, by most of people na nakakakilala sa akin kaya eto sanity at stake :)

But the thing is hindi pwedeng lagi na lang ako ang weak dito. Unfortunately markado lahat ng nangyari sa akin even how my treats me (para nga kaming armando solis at beatrice pengson dahil nung una tawag nya sa akin panget) kaya ayun, I just can't accept people giving you so much insecurities na akala mo eh mga perpektong santo sila. Nakakababa ng self-esteem but this time, I won't make it happen not even a single thing, or if mangyari, I'll get even with it ahaha ^_^ sanity at stake ayan baliw na :) kakapagod magpay forward now it's pay back time ahehe (walang matinong masabi :))

zizternegozhante

  • Guest
Re: Abused Women Support Group: Verbal, Physical, Emotional
« Reply #203 on: March 23, 2009, 10:56:26 pm »
^^
Zizternegozhante:
 
Since you were the one who went to their place to ask for your keys back then perhaps they can really argue that you went there and started the incident. I guess it would have been better had you opted to change your locks instead. Unless of course you really wanted to see the guy again. If that was the idea, then they have more reasons to complain that you started the incident.

Does he know you're pregnant? If he does and you say you haven't heard from him again then perhaps you can take that as a sign that he is avoiding you. Maybe avoiding the responsibility that comes with your pregnancy.

I agree with Dabidoo. The best thing to do now is to keep a safe distance away from the guy. If you really need to talk to him, then better make sure he is okay to talk.


the apartment was locked.. how would i get in? i dont want to break the locks just to get my things... before i went to his sister's place, i called him and asked him if he can come and hand me the keys... said he cant because he doesnt have any money left for the fare... i told him, "okay, then i'll be the one to get my keys"... 

zizternegozhante

  • Guest
Re: Abused Women Support Group: Verbal, Physical, Emotional
« Reply #204 on: March 23, 2009, 10:57:20 pm »
how's your baby sis?

my baby's fine sis...  :)

ganda ko

  • Guest
Re: Abused Women Support Group: Verbal, Physical, Emotional
« Reply #205 on: March 24, 2009, 02:19:46 pm »
Makikisali po: I think kasama rin yata ako dito. Emotionally & Verbally abused. He cant hurt me kasi that's the best way to leave him. He knows me kapag sinaktan nya. I fight back. Then ill go to police. Kaya ang ginagawa nya kino-control nya life ko. Pati yung maliliit na bagay. Dahil siguro financially dependent ako sa kanya. Lahat ng gagawin ko dapat aprubado nya.

Paulo

  • Guest
Re: Abused Women Support Group: Verbal, Physical, Emotional
« Reply #206 on: March 25, 2009, 09:50:41 pm »
^^^
Oh. So he locked your apartment and took the keys with him. There were only one set of keys to your apartment? And were you able to get those keys back?

I guess he really wanted to give you a tough time.

zizternegozhante

  • Guest
Re: Abused Women Support Group: Verbal, Physical, Emotional
« Reply #207 on: March 25, 2009, 10:03:03 pm »
^^^
Oh. So he locked your apartment and took the keys with him. There were only one set of keys to your apartment? And were you able to get those keys back?

I guess he really wanted to give you a tough time.

nasa kanya lahat ng keys.. kung meron mang extra, nasa loob ng apartment... nakuha ko na.. after he beat me up...

ganda ko

  • Guest
Re: Abused Women Support Group: Verbal, Physical, Emotional
« Reply #208 on: March 25, 2009, 11:16:33 pm »
OMG, naku sis wag ka nang bumalik dun. Baka saktan ka pa ulit.

cati

  • Guest
Re: Abused Women Support Group: Verbal, Physical, Emotional
« Reply #209 on: March 25, 2009, 11:36:51 pm »
^^grabe sis.....layuan mo na yan, ala na syang respeto sa yo...I hope you're okay talaga...you deserve someone better, love yourself sis and have your dignity back...goodluck and Godbless

girlracer41

  • Guest
Re: Abused Women Support Group: Verbal, Physical, Emotional
« Reply #210 on: March 30, 2009, 01:17:30 pm »
abused din ako.. physically, mentally, emotionally, lahat na yata ng pang-aabuso naranasan ko sa asawa ko. ilang beses na rin namin na-try to work things out, pero wala talaga. thanks to my GT friends na tumulong sakin nung panahong down na down ako.. ngayon masakit pa rin, pero medyo nakakayanan ko na, kesa naman andito nga sya, eh sinasaktan naman nya kaming dalawa ng baby ko.

ang lesson na natutunan ko:
kung hindi ako kayang respetuhin ng partner ko, ako nalang rerespeto sa sarili ko.

chiqmom

  • Guest
Re: Abused Women Support Group: Verbal, Physical, Emotional
« Reply #211 on: March 30, 2009, 01:23:20 pm »
^you go girl, dito lang kami ;)

sweety_paige

  • Guest
Re: Abused Women Support Group: Verbal, Physical, Emotional
« Reply #212 on: April 02, 2009, 10:29:11 am »
What is the best way to do if you are emotionally and verbally abused by your partner and you just can't leave him because of the kids?

proudmama

  • Guest
Re: Abused Women Support Group: Verbal, Physical, Emotional
« Reply #213 on: April 02, 2009, 10:34:43 am »
^^ sis tama yan. you don't need that kind of man in your life. Hope you're doing good now. God bless :)

quennna

  • Guest
Re: Abused Women Support Group: Verbal, Physical, Emotional
« Reply #214 on: April 02, 2009, 11:36:35 am »
mukhang makakarelate SIL ko dito ha.. :((
dont know what to do with my brother..
he has this tendency to hit his wife when mad.. :(

their last major fight, my SIL went to the barangay and women's desk to file a complaint.. good thing lang, my brother realized the value of his family.. pero .. after a few months again.. yan na naman sya.. he cant really control his anger.. :( (ops parang ako yan ha.. :D)


chloefrancynn

  • Guest
Re: Abused Women Support Group: Verbal, Physical, Emotional
« Reply #215 on: April 21, 2009, 10:10:47 pm »
I have been verbally abused by my husband for a long time. Nobody knows. Well,I'm not sure if my 7 year old daughter knows...She has witnessed countless outbursts and has heard her dad call me "b****" over the tiniest things. What do I do when this happens?I keep quiet. I shut up,keep everything I want to say bottled up inside because I JUST WANT THE ARGUMENT to end. I HATE IT WHEN HE SHOUTS AT ME INFRONT OF OUR DAUGHTER. I just want him to stop so I just shut my mouth.

I want to tell someone but I don't want him to be labeled by my friends and family. Plus, to him, it will always be MY fault. I have changed myself for him. I have become a robot for him, jumping at his every whim and always thinking of HIS reactions to things that he might not agree to.

He left again tonight. He was demanding me to fix his dinner. I told him to wait for a while because I was doing something with the computer. He suddenly reprimanded me for being so IRRESPONSIBLE. I said he has no right to call me that. He said he DOES have that right. He said I'm an irresponsible mom and wife to him. I quit my job 2 years ago because I wanted to focus on my daughter and also because he was on my case every single day of my "work life"-- accusing me,controlling me,nagging me.

I know that I am a nice person. I've changed for him. I am a good wife and mother. What should I do? To separate from him would be so embarrassing...

chloefrancynn

  • Guest
Re: Abused Women Support Group: Verbal, Physical, Emotional
« Reply #216 on: April 21, 2009, 10:24:35 pm »
Here are SOME of the worst things he has said to me. (In the past 3 mos.lang yan ah) Verbal abuse to,right?

"b****!" -- countless times.
"Irresponsible mom and wife"
"Kahit ano pa gawin mo,balewala sakin.Paplano-plano ka pa dyan."- he was talking about a surprise party that I was upposed to give him on may 3 which he accidentally found out bec.he read his kuya's celfone. He didn't know that I know na he knows na pala.

"Wala kang kwenta!" -Right infront of my 7 year old daughter

"Kung mawala ka,mas masaya pa ako."

"Hindi ka nag-iisip...Ulol...Maghiwalay na tayo!"

all these are only about mababaw arguments...

I HAVE NEVER EVER SAID A SINGLE BAD THING TO HIM...EVER. YEAH,I KNOW. HARD TO BELIEVE, RIGHT?  :'( Ayoko kasi may maisusumbat sya sakin ever.

Paulo

  • Guest
Re: Abused Women Support Group: Verbal, Physical, Emotional
« Reply #217 on: April 22, 2009, 02:41:02 pm »
^
Chloefrancynn, I think there are times when fighting back or in this case answering back, if only to demand to be respected becomes necessary. The problem with a lot of verbally abusive men is they have the tendency to get into the "zone" and make it a habit of some sorts. Yakking away isn't exactly a guy trait so men who find themselves nagging more than necessarily do not have the built-in break system thus they tend to over-do it. I mean, I can understand that every couple will have to fight every now and then. But arguing and fighting need not be totally destructive. When it's set to destroy a relationship rather than tweak it for certain timely improvements or to settle disputes, then it becomes alarming.

You should now take it upon yourself to defend yourself and if by defending yourself you have to be more aggressive, then so be it.

I think you should find the time, preferably when your husband is in a calm mood, to put up-front your list of stands. Demands, like perhaps that you are not going to put up with his verbal abuses any longer. That he may have the right to call your attention on the stuff he believes you did not do well, but he can't go over-board and inject degrading remarks in them or you'll have to fight back. That you two can argue but never in a destructive way.

Masama man pakinggan pero if you two really can't come to terms, puwede namang mag hiwalay. Hindi naman necessary to insult you, degrade you, give you insecurities, because no matter how bad a person/wife you happen to be there is always a more humane way you go about addressing his problem with you. If it's a choice between sticking to a loveless, respect-less marriage and separation, I'd take separation any day. Sticking together "for better or for worse" doesn't mean killing each other slowly. ;)

Now I could be wrong and this could cause your marriage to go downhill further but ..... since this is free advice, hey, that's okay. ;)

Kidding aside, there could be repercussions in the same way that it could also provide solutions. But rather than sit there and accept the abuse until you lose yourself, lose your mind, or end up leaving him anyway, perhaps an aggressive but controlled way of demanding for respect holds the least risk to ruin your marriage. Think of it as an armed kinda uprising and the only way to be taken seriously is by making a determined stand.

Sabi nga ni Girlracer41 a few replies above, ... "kung hindi ako kayang respetuhin ng partner ko, ako nalang rerespeto sa sarili ko". I think we owe it to ourselves to demand the Respect that is due to us. Not exactly abuse it too, but never put up with anything short of it.

Sometimes in saving something dear to you, you have to be ready to fight to the point of risking it all if only to secure it.

Of course this is just my take on the matter. Keep in mind that it can work against you.

Good luck Chloefrancynn!

scorpiowolf

  • Guest
Re: Abused Women Support Group: Verbal, Physical, Emotional
« Reply #218 on: April 27, 2009, 09:54:02 pm »
Chloefrancynn: I really really feel for you!!!! Sis, I was living that life... all I can say sis is that sometimes its OK to talk about it!!!! For your own sanity. Sis, if you feel uncomfortable abt talking abt it with family and friends please see a counselor or such. It really helped me in the past. Of course, the poeple here in GT like Paulo and Aquacharly and others helped a great deal too.

As for me, Id like to think Im doing ok. Ive been separated for almost a year... although there have been some relapses. My husband has been trying to get back with me... and when he found out I was dating someone na talaga it kinda affected him a lot. He really was begging etc etc...

Hes begged before... but the difference now is he said he was willing to have go through ALL the counseling and therapy needed to change. He admits he has a problem. He says that he will give himself one year of us going trough this before we move back in together.

The sad part is this... After I had agreed to give him a chance... YOU will never guess what happened. TURNS out, I have so much resentment and anger in ME. Turns out, in the short time that he was trying his best, I was the one sort of abusing him. I would be the one throwing temper tantrums. I would be the one calling him "t****" and "stupid." In fact I think I push his buttons on purpose.

I think Im like this now bec part of me want to make him feel the agony I went through... part of me became in "fight" or survival mode after being separated. Part of me wants to test his patience.

So now, he told me he couldnt take it na daw. That Im so arrogant, disrespectful even to his family daw. That I dont care whether we fix things or not daw. So wag nalang daw kami mag try... DUH the only thing I said was "OK, good. At least I know what a weakling you are. It only took you a week to give up. So Better like this, I cant be with someone like you."

At the end of it all... Ive realized the effects of the abuse ran so deep. There was a time I would do ANY THING just for my husband to do HALF of the effort he is doing now. But, to me  now... I simply am too angry and proud. Sad to say, I think "nagiba" na talaga ang tingin ko sa kanya. I do not trust him nor do I believe his words and promises. I merely give him the chance bec I dont want to have a "what if" in my life.

Most of the time... even when hes being very nice and sweet and pampering me with gifts... deep down inside me I feel like I hate him for simply being HIM. I hate his weaknesses and flaws and his narcissistic traits. I think he is weak for wanting to get back with me only bec he cant stand the fact that I was OK and moving on and starting to see other guys.

chloefrancynn

  • Guest
Re: Abused Women Support Group: Verbal, Physical, Emotional
« Reply #219 on: April 28, 2009, 01:54:47 pm »
Paulo and Scorpiowolf...

Thanks,thanks so much for all the advice. I totally appreciate everything you've said. I've been dealing with this for a long time and nobody knows about it. I think my husband will never change. He was brought up that way--that it will always be the girl/wife's fault. His dad has children with other women so I guess that is how he was brought up- to think that it's the wife's fault that the husband seeks other women or engages in other activities like drinking,gambling,etc. They usually say "May diperensya yung babae..." It's the wife's fault if the husband leaves. It's the wife's fault if the marriage breaks up. Now we're back to being ok, but he still says that everything that happened last week was because of my actions. That I was the one who was being crazy. That it's my doing that I deserved all those hurtful things he said.
I'm scared to separate from him because of the impact it will have on my daughter's life. She's only 7. Right now, I'm thinking that if I sacrifice my dignity and suffer in silence during his outbursts, I'll save my daughter by giving her a complete family...

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close