watch now

Author Topic: Caregiver Issues  (Read 229271 times)

melkit

  • Guest
Re: Caregiver Issues
« Reply #140 on: October 13, 2007, 06:43:00 pm »
Bwize..hello

hindi na kelangan ng show money kapag LIve -in caregiver program..please check www.manila.gc.ca

Lauren_GT

  • Guest
Re: Caregiver Issues
« Reply #141 on: October 13, 2007, 09:54:21 pm »
^ bwize, yup! hindi na kelangan  ;D

bwize

  • Guest
Re: Caregiver Issues
« Reply #142 on: October 18, 2007, 02:10:02 am »
Lauren and Melkit, thanks sa response niyo.

Just to inform you guys that I got the LMO for sponsoring my brother. After 3 mos. ko na-receive.

Now, I have to help my brother on filling up the application for work permit. I have another question:

1)On the application no. 11 line asking for present job and mos and year held the present job. Should my brother put none, if he doesn't had present job coz he quit his last job because he needs to go fulltime taking the caregiver course?

2)line 17 of the application says expected to start employment on and expected to finish. What specific date should my bother fill in the start of employment since hindi ko pa alam kung kelan maaaprove ang work permit niya? Pwe de ko rin bang ilagay lets say May 2008 ang start then ends May 2010 kung masubmit niya yung application on January 2008?

Hope somebody can help again with my questions.


Bwize

Lauren_GT

  • Guest
Re: Caregiver Issues
« Reply #143 on: October 18, 2007, 10:27:02 pm »
^ i'll try to answer your questions:

1. You can put none kung talagang wala siyang present job

2. May 2008 is an acceptable date. That's more than 6mos from now di ba? Ako kasi i remember mga ganun din ang nilagay ko. Hindi naman yata mabigat ang bearing ng info na ito.

warning though, make sure that you disclose that you are related to the caregiver you are sponsoring and he does the same to you as his employer. ALSO, it is very important that you provide your contact numbers as well. my aunt and uncle just arrived a couple of weeks ago, they heard daw that the immigration officer called the employer  to confirm that they are expecting a caregiver to arrive at the time and since the contact number on the application form was an of the agency, the old lady was asked to step aside. they heard the officar say 'i'm sorry, we can't let you through. it seems that the number here is of an agency'. my aunt and uncle said sobra daw kakaawa yung babae. medyo matanda na pa naman daw. the last they saw her, she was sitting dun sa may gilid with all her things.

lesson learned: honesty is the best policy (seriously)

bwize

  • Guest
Re: Caregiver Issues
« Reply #144 on: October 19, 2007, 01:01:57 pm »
Hi Lauren, thanks again for your help.

Actually dun sa application form line #20, they were asking if you have any family in any other country  for the past five years and you have to put the name, country and length of stay. So wala talagang lusot. How about you nilagay mo rin ba yung relative mo dun sa line na yun?

Anyway, that's true I'll be honest buti na nga yun kesa naman mag-lie pa. I don't want my brod to be in trouble.




Bwize

samtoby

  • Guest
Re: Caregiver Issues
« Reply #145 on: October 19, 2007, 03:16:58 pm »
hi,
in my case nilagay ko name and address ng bro ko (my employer)

Lauren_GT

  • Guest
Re: Caregiver Issues
« Reply #146 on: October 19, 2007, 09:39:20 pm »
^ when i was asked to submit my original passport and updated NBI clearance after the medical test, there was an additional form that included one question about how the applicant is related to the employer. Some applicants make the mistake of not disclosing the fact that they are. They fear kasi that it will have a negative impact on the application. Actually, immigration will not mind if family members employ their relatives from abroad. Basta i-declare lang nila.

kaibigan

  • Guest
Re: Caregiver Issues
« Reply #147 on: October 26, 2007, 05:24:08 pm »

 hi guys,,
     
     finally,,,after 11 months of waiting,,a letter came instructing me to take the speaktest..mixed emotions of excitement and nervousness.. ;)

      pls include me in your prayers..
 thanks..GODBLESS.

Lauren_GT

  • Guest
Re: Caregiver Issues
« Reply #148 on: October 26, 2007, 09:48:07 pm »
^ yey! check mo yung early pages nitong thread na to for tips on Speaktest :-) go go go!

samtoby

  • Guest
Re: Caregiver Issues
« Reply #149 on: October 27, 2007, 12:47:18 pm »

samtoby,,


kaibigan,
finally! thanks GOD!! :D

mga sis meron ba kayong idea pag ng pa book para sa speak test? file # lang ba sabihin?  san ang venue? tks po..

samtoby

  • Guest
Re: Caregiver Issues
« Reply #150 on: October 27, 2007, 12:58:17 pm »
good evening to all!!!
       
       I've been reading from this site since i've submitted my application for caregiver to the embassy.  Anga laking tulong po ng site na to. Nakakalakas ng loob at nakakabawas ng inip. 

       Kaibigan and sam, we almost have the same timelines... siguro going through the same syndrome of inip at nerbyos din tayo.  I submitted mine last december 2006 and got my file number in march 2007.  Just the same, wala pa din ako balita from the embassy pero hoping pa rin ako na one day dadating din yon.

       Good luck sa ating lahat. 

     

sis adel,
siguro malapit na rin sayo.. GOD BLESS! sana walang maging problem sa ating lahat.. pray pray pray

tintin7978

  • Guest
Re: Caregiver Issues
« Reply #151 on: October 27, 2007, 01:05:32 pm »
Hello.
I need some help. I hate to admit this on my first message but, I'm a nervous wreck  :o. I'm kind of panicking now because I have just received a letter from the embassy asking me to take the SPEAK test. I've been reviewing for three days now and my training center is going to give me a one on one practice this coming Nov 8. I should book this SPEAK test before the end of the 30-day deadline which is Nov. 13 'coz the date this letter was sent to me was is Oct. 15... anyway, the help I need is QUESTIONS to be asked here. Lauren_GT had posted 4 already and that kind of calmed me a bit.  :)
Please help me.

azil

  • Guest
Re: Caregiver Issues
« Reply #152 on: October 28, 2007, 12:49:16 am »
Bwize..hello

hindi na kelangan ng show money kapag LIve -in caregiver program..please check www.manila.gc.ca

Sis, Ask ko lang,klangan ba me employer ka na before ka apply sa Canadian embassy as live in caregiver?

melkit

  • Guest
Re: Caregiver Issues
« Reply #153 on: October 28, 2007, 08:00:39 pm »
azil..yap kelangan may employer kana b4 ka mag submit ng papers sa canadian embassy :)

azil

  • Guest
Re: Caregiver Issues
« Reply #154 on: October 28, 2007, 08:42:07 pm »
azil..yap kelangan may employer kana b4 ka mag submit ng papers sa canadian embassy :)

Thanks,sis melkit.Pno ba hanap employer kung wala ka relatives don?

kenneth2k_ph

  • Guest
Re: Caregiver Issues
« Reply #155 on: October 30, 2007, 04:05:03 pm »
Good Day To All,

Im Kenneth male 25 yrs old from Nueva Ecija

I just found your site while I was searching for care giver Issues on the net..I just want to ask if it is ok if I will going to take up care giver course on saturday only coz i have work during weekdays. Will my study be valid for my application as a care giver? And How will I know that the school was accredited by canadian embassy? My brother is my employer he is the one who told me to takeup care giver coz that was the only things that he can help me to go on canada.. I hope that you can help me about this..Hoping for your kind respond..Thanks

kenneth2k_ph

  • Guest
Re: Caregiver Issues
« Reply #156 on: October 30, 2007, 04:08:05 pm »
Good Day To All,

Im Kenneth male 25 yrs old from Nueva Ecija

I just found your site while I was searching for care giver Issues on the net..I just want to ask if it is ok if I will going to take up care giver course on saturday only coz i have work during weekdays. Will my study be valid for my application as a care giver? And How will I know that the school was accredited by canadian embassy? My brother is my employer he is the one who told me to takeup care giver coz that was the only things that he can help me to go on canada.. I hope that you can help me about this..Hoping for your kind respond..Thanks

adel

  • Guest
Re: Caregiver Issues
« Reply #157 on: November 01, 2007, 06:26:33 pm »
kaibigan, sam

                nakatanggap na  ko letter from the embassy  para sa speaktest.   kanina ko lang natanggap pero ang date october 15 pa.

                 hay... mas nakaka tense naman pala to ngayon noh?

                  sana   walang maging publema noh?  goodluck sa ating lahat.

                 may the  Lord bless  us all....

Mr.L

  • Guest
Re: Caregiver Issues
« Reply #158 on: November 03, 2007, 10:21:01 am »
Mga sis, help! Which caregiver school in the Philippines would you recommend? I heard meron daw talagang school na ang curriculum eh specifically for Canada caregivers.
i think you dont need much schooling as caregiving is concern...im a care manager on 1 facility in the US...i dont give much attention to the certificates coming from P.I. as we our own training here (level 3)..well just my 2 cents...[textspeak!] luck po!

kvandenhaak

  • Guest
Re: Caregiver Issues
« Reply #159 on: November 03, 2007, 10:38:26 am »
^For caregivers going to Canada, certification from TESDA accredited school is a requirement by the Canadian Embassy (except for nurses and those who can show proof of paid employment related to the job).


 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close