Author Topic: LAnguage School  (Read 174671 times)

numonorean

• little miss
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • beautiful mess
Re: LAnguage School
« Reply #80 on: February 27, 2007, 01:27:40 pm »
I think meron ata sa binondo eh Every sunday lang cya tas [textspeak!] fee is 2000 pesos which is refundable pag natapos mo [textspeak!] buong course na wala kang absent and late. My friend told me parang it's their way of encouraging ppl to learn how to speak mandarin. Yung time ng sched is around 9 a.m.t o 12 noon lang ata. 2 lang [textspeak!] class dun, beginner and advanced ^_^

i'm interested. :D  pa-pm naman po ng details.
"I wanted to be the poet and the poem, and now am neither." - Ellen Ash

365 Project | Alice in Neverland

iluvescadasport

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #81 on: March 03, 2007, 07:44:07 am »
question for those who studied / know who studied han yu in china: mahirap ba for beginners especially for filipinos? and may mga filipinos ba na nagaaral ng mandarin sa china? . . . . where in china is the best place to study the language? and do they have packages?

blushingcheeq: what's the name of the school in tytana binondo? do you have contact details and landmark of the place?

I'm currently studying mandarin in china, specifically in Beijing. Mandarin is difficult always at the start. Cyempre, iba siya from english. in mandarin, 4 different tones, tapos minsan same pronunciation but it can be written in 2 different ways. or one word, and it can be pronounced in 2 different ways. pero once you start and you really have the motivation and interest to study, masmadali na. im studying sa beijing normal university. I'm not sure of the package that you're talking about. but yun last sem, my tuition includes free show of chinese acrobatics and chinese opera, and great wall ata. from what i heard from my friend who's studying in blcu, yun tuition nila includes free trip to great wall and 5 days trip around china (forgot the places where, but may shanghai and guangdong ata and 2 more places) although masmahal ng kunti tuition nila. sch books are not included pa sa tuition. best place to study? hmm.. sa shanghai, sabi nila may parang ibang dialect yun mandarin nila, city-like ang env't. sa beijing naman, more on historical, so if u dont like historical countries, ma-bored ka lang dto. and yun weather dto dirty, although sa canteen namin you can have a nice meal for only Y5. sa labas cheapest is Y8(from what i'v experienced). and the prob sa beijing, people here have "er" sounds when they speak mandarin, so most of the time mahirap i-gets. sa xiamen, la ako masyado balita but i think baka mas madali intindihin mandarin nila, and they can speak fookien din daw. you can try sa YunNan, YunNan univ nila. cheaper dun since province, pero clean naman. nice weather pa, fresh. and masmura mga fruits and cost of living ata dun.
"Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success."  - Inspiring Women

gitee

• always here for you..
  • GirlTalker
  • i will survive
« Reply #82 on: March 03, 2007, 09:52:19 am »
for me, mahirap for filipinos to go directly there (China), for me i think it is better to study here first before going to China to learn more kasi at least pag dito ka di ka hirap pag dun ka ang salita nila chinese agad konti lang may alam ng english dun.. ang alam lang nila mandarin or fookien or both.. ang alam ko [textspeak!] school ko nag ooffer sila ng chinese every saturday.. ever heard of Chiang Kai Shek College? if you guys are interested you can call them here's there phone number 252-6161 to 67 ask the operator to whom you can talk to regarding on how to speak in chinese..
i may not be able to finish it on time but i will be done before you know it.. you may laugh at me today but i will laugh at you tomorrow.. i will be more successful than you are right now..

iluvescadasport

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #83 on: March 03, 2007, 05:26:45 pm »
yup cksc meron din chinese lessons. yun chinese nila is traditional chinese, like sa taiwan. pag sa china, simplified. pero mabilis lang naman mag-adjust.better din if u know traditional first, at least you can survive both in taiwan and china if you decide to travel there.
"Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success."  - Inspiring Women

sa_sang

• Insomniac
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Crazy as I can be
« Reply #84 on: March 07, 2007, 12:46:09 pm »
has anyone of you tried languages internationale? ano feedback nyo for that school?  how cheap/expensive are the courses?  is it worth the price you paid for? 

Love is photogenic.
It needs darkness to develop ;D

crazee_crazee

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #85 on: March 07, 2007, 12:53:11 pm »
^ I'm sure it's good but it seems a little overpriced. If you want French, go to Alliance. Spanish, Instituto Cervantes. German, Goethe Institute and so on. ;D

sa_sang

• Insomniac
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Crazy as I can be
« Reply #86 on: March 07, 2007, 03:39:27 pm »
ah.. so pangit rin pala,  ang prob ko lang kasi sa Alliance is that i can't fit their class schedules into mine :(
Love is photogenic.
It needs darkness to develop ;D

crazee_crazee

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #87 on: March 07, 2007, 03:44:45 pm »
^ You've inquired already at Alliance? Actually I didn't mean to say that Languages isn't a good school, especially since I haven't personally taken any lessons there. I'm just saying maybe it'd be better and "worth the cash" to take lessons in those "main designated" schools here in Manila that teach the respective languages you wish to learn. Just my 2 cents but I'm in no way discouraging you from trying Languages if you want to or if it'd turn out to be better for you. :)

calvin21

• ~lovin' my sweetie~
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Ang buhay ay puno ng (J)dorama...
    • Japinoy.com
« Reply #88 on: March 08, 2007, 04:29:04 am »
^ yup, i agree. alliance is so much cheaper than languages international, and the modules are so much better because they are concentrating only on french.

a friend of mine took japanese classes at LI but she said she felt short-changed by the course. the module was expensive, but not extensive :( better enrol in a language school that specializes in a particular language (unless you're willing to spend for a berlitz education)

my 2 best friends also took italian courses at LI. wala kasi silang makitang specialized school for italian. nagulat ako kasi medyo may kamahalan pala.

HTH :)

crazee_crazee

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #89 on: March 08, 2007, 06:44:51 am »
^ There is a school specializing in Italian, if I'm not mistaken it's in or around Salcedo in Makati. :)

calvin21

• ~lovin' my sweetie~
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Ang buhay ay puno ng (J)dorama...
    • Japinoy.com
« Reply #90 on: March 08, 2007, 07:24:32 am »
^ sis, yung alighieri? yan kasi yung recommended ng dlsu para daw dun sa mga interested sa graduate program nila sa international studies. never got around to asking where that school is. :P thanks! :)

crazee_crazee

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #91 on: March 08, 2007, 07:55:47 am »
^ Yup, that's the one. It's in Makati. ;D

blushingcheeq

• Satisfy your makeup fix :-)
  • GirlTalker
    • Benefit, NARS, Josie Maran, Tarte, EOS for sale
« Reply #92 on: March 10, 2007, 03:38:43 am »
i'm interested. :D  pa-pm naman po ng details.

hi to those interested in mandarin classes in tytana binondo, enrollment is still going on, but i think limited slots na lang.. I'll just post the details here, since i don't know how to send PM to those with email add hidden  :)

tuition: 2k (refundable if complete attendance)
sched: 12 continuous sundays 9-11am
place: tytana bldg, around juan luna plaza binondo
start of classes: march 18, 2007

If you still have questions, feel free to PM me..

smilee

• GirlTalker
« Reply #93 on: March 11, 2007, 12:14:13 pm »
hi!
does anyone know of a language school, located near mrt stations, that teaches mandarin?
or
a meeting room for rent that could hold 5-10 people (found a tutor but no venue)?
not so expensive sana for both.

tia

numonorean

• little miss
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • beautiful mess
« Reply #94 on: March 12, 2007, 03:21:30 pm »
salamat sis blushingcheeq. :) kaya lang i just enrolled at berlitz.  :(  sayang..mas mura sana yun.  although maganda naman ang program ng berlitz.  ;)

blushingcheeq

• GirlTalker
« Reply #95 on: March 14, 2007, 02:47:56 pm »
hi mench,
I think there are no afternoon classes..

hi jookeulae,
sorry, i dont know how to reply through you pm, anyway, punta ka lang sa rm1421 tytana bldg, juan luna plaza binondo.. tas sabihin mo lang mag eenroll ka for mandarin class.. bring money for tuition.. un lang.. tell me if naka enroll ka ah.. hehe..

hi numonorean,
How much mandarin class sa berlitz?

jookeulae

• Junior GirlTalker
  • so many men... so little time... c")
« Reply #96 on: March 14, 2007, 04:56:31 pm »
^^sure sis. will visit the place anytime this week. pm kita when im already enrolled. *cross fingers*

mench

• GirlTalker
« Reply #97 on: March 18, 2007, 08:29:18 am »
Mga sis, Chang Kai Shek will be having mandarin and fookien classes on April 18-May 21. Go to their website. I just saw it a while ago. Too bad, there's no weekend classes. I couldn't attend M-W-F.:c 

numonorean

• little miss
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • beautiful mess
« Reply #98 on: March 18, 2007, 10:53:46 am »

hi numonorean,
How much mandarin class sa berlitz?

4800 yung regular price ng lessons nila.  i think that's for 15 hours.  ;)

blushingcheeq

• GirlTalker
« Reply #99 on: March 18, 2007, 02:03:17 pm »
hi jookeulae,
from starbucks juan luna, walking distance na lang [textspeak!] tytana, metrobank [textspeak!] nasa baba ng bldg na un, kaya hindi mahirap hanapin, its in oriente st..

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close