watch now

Author Topic: What I think of women who are dating/married to younger men  (Read 60375 times)

moderator_over_35

  • Guest
What I think of women who are dating/married to younger men
« on: August 18, 2006, 12:32:32 pm »
In the last few years, it seems the number of older women dating younger men has gone up a lot.  Everybody talks about Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher, Cameron Diaz and Justin Timberlake, Madonna and Guy Ritchie.  Here in the Philippines, we have Kris Aquino and James Yap, Eula Valdez and Richard Litonjua, Pops Fernandez and Jomari Yllana (prior to that, Brad Turvey).  What do you think of this phenomenon?  Do you think these relationships will last?  What do you think are the extra obstacles that need to be overcome in a relationship when the guy is younger by 7 years or more?  Why are the younger men choosing to be with the older women?

Share your thoughts!

fifigirl

  • Guest
Re: What I think of women who are dating/married to younger men
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2006, 01:45:53 pm »
In my opinion, men, in general want to be treated like "babies", they want to be cared for and maybe they find these kind of relationship nurturing for them plus the fact that older women appear to be wiser,more aggressive and usually not the clingy type. However, relationships wherein women are far older than their partner would be hard later on when the women starts to sag and the men are still in their peak.

dazzling dee

  • Guest
Re: What I think of women who are dating/married to younger men
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2006, 09:58:24 pm »
^I agree sis + the sex part i think is also important - young men = stronger stamina which i think older women loves it.  Although it is becoming a trend these days, marami din sigurong ganitong relationship before [textspeak!] of the saying "age doesn't matter in love". Only, that now it is becoming more open and more acceptable - what i don't like are those older women flaunting their younger male partners - gaya ng sino ba yon - Madam Auring - ngek - kadiri na ang labas. Di maganda ang pinapakita sa mga bata - ewan ko lang if i am a bit conservative dito - pero hindi talaga maganda sa kin ang dating nila.   Older women should know where they stand and should not really express too much, in public, the affections they have for their younger partners. Dapat they should know better because they are older, di ba? 

In general, walang masama dito, its but a natural thing to fall in love and be loved in return - and we hope that they have a happy relationship in the long run.  It is also something to be admired for the guys who really and truly falls for older women - yung talagang mahal na mahal ha di lang pang publicity or using the older women to get at something. 


jazzmine777

  • Guest
Re: What I think of women who are dating/married to younger men
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2006, 02:57:58 pm »
i think men are getting smarter in choosing a female who  has already a stable life to begin with. but i dont see anything wrong if these women choose to love younger men, as long as their happy, then be it  :)

Ielle

  • Guest
Re: What I think of women who are dating/married to younger men
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2006, 10:09:56 pm »
i think it's a perfect combination - nurturing from the woman and natural (biological) needs being met by the man... women at the age of 35 and above are starting to crave for more sex, and they need men who can keep up to their sexual stamina... men are by nature babies, they need someone who takes care of them, esp because they wouldnt own up to being 'needy' at all..

hotmamasan

  • Guest
Re: What I think of women who are dating/married to younger men
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2006, 08:40:59 am »
BRAVO!!! that is if these younger men loved them for themselves...not because of money!!!

josh_beau

  • Guest
Re: What I think of women who are dating/married to younger men
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2006, 06:25:37 pm »
I'm 40 and my boyfriend is 22.He looks a bit matured for his age though and I look fantastic at 40.. I should say I look like late 20's.We've been together for a year and a half. It's been tough sometimes, but I'm handling him so well.His family said he's more matured thinking now since we became a couple. He learns from me, and I also keep myself "In" and updated with the trends, from fashion, to music,to movies and everything because of him.Our sex is great! The only thing that worries both of us is how it would be 10 years from now.We both have anticipations on our future.Will I still be sexually active at 50? Would he start looking for a younger woman when he's 30?

topone

  • Guest
Re: What I think of women who are dating/married to younger men
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2006, 10:18:42 am »
Im joining the bandwagon! hehe. Im dating a guy 5 years younger and im enjoying the attention! For some reason, Ive learned to be secure and confident with myself whenever Im with him. I still get jealous but not to the "paranoia" extent. (unlike when i was with an older guy) I love hanging out with his friends and watching him do his "stuff". ..I also love sharing with him the wisdom ive gained because of my age na din.. I really do feel young when im with him. I love taking care of him. (minsan nga naiisip ko, maternal love 'to. ngek ) ;D

anyhow, to answer the question, what i think of these women (myself, included) ?? i think we are very brave in taking the risk of being in a non-traditional relationship. We are enjoying life by fully expressing how we feel regardless of what others may say.. and we are "fabulous" for attracting these young guys and beating all the other young girls!  ;D

dpgy

  • Guest
Re: What I think of women who are dating/married to younger men
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2006, 08:29:29 pm »
it's a cliche, but age doesn't matter....sometimes.  for as long as two people love each other and are willing to adjust to each other's capabilities and needs. 

jadelotus

  • Guest
Re: What I think of women who are dating/married to younger men
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2006, 11:21:40 pm »
My mom is seven years older than my dad; my late auntie (accident) was 10 years older than her late American husband (passed away after one year of my aunt's death - depression and illhealth due to my aunt's passing). Another aunt of mine is eight years older than her husband, and I am three years older than my beau! ;) ;)

Observation: I noticed that most women that have a younger man as partner tend to be "successful" in life in her own way, have self-confidence and are self-realized.

maddie_girl

  • Guest
Re: What I think of women who are dating/married to younger men
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2006, 09:36:36 am »
^ I noticed that too. Di kasi matake ng older men minsan ang success ng ibang women. They have to be the alpha in the relationship wherein younger men are open to a more equal partnership.

dimplesgon

  • Guest
Re: What I think of women who are dating/married to younger men
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2006, 12:37:23 pm »
there is really nothing wrong with a women dating younger man - in fact for me it gives them the sense of feeling that they still have "it" coz younger men are still falling for them.

as long as their dating someone who is of legal age - i think its really ok.

math

  • Guest
Re: What I think of women who are dating/married to younger men
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2006, 05:17:46 pm »
Personally, I would only go for men who are not more than 5 yrs. younger than myself.  If the age difference is too big, I'm afraid that the relationship will only be great for the moment.  When the woman reaches her 50's & the guy is only in his 30's or early 40's he might start to look for younger women. :'(

kadiee

  • Guest
Re: What I think of women who are dating/married to younger men
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2006, 07:04:24 pm »
sakin..ok lang.. :)

it doesnt matter kung younger or older yun guy..yun love yun important  ;D

alexandrea

  • Guest
Re: What I think of women who are dating/married to younger men
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2006, 07:34:45 pm »
I'm going out with a guy four years younger than I am. So far I really don't feel the age difference. He's mature for his age, and I'm childlike in many ways hehe. So in terms of thinking, we are more or less on the same level. In fact, there are times when he is more mature than I am, or so he says LOL.

Of course, his being younger shows every now and then. But that's okay, because it's one of the things I like about him. Besides, I love nurturing him (in my own way, being the non-touchy and non-showy type that I am) because he returns the favor naman eh. He's younger so I can't help but nurture him; on the other hand, I'm still inexperienced when it comes to dealing with the opposite sex in a romantic way so he takes the initiative to guide me. I learn a lot of things from him as I hope he does from me.

Yes, I do feel young and playful around this younger guy. I once went out with an older man eight years my senior. It was just for a short time, and it was nothing serious but I can say that that relationship had less laughter and fun.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 07:36:54 pm by alexandrea »

beautifuldreamer

  • Guest
Re: What I think of women who are dating/married to younger men
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2006, 12:55:40 pm »
Me I don’t understand the psychology of men prefer older women or older women prefer younger men.... I see them they just happen...though maybe there could be some reason why there’s an attraction between them...it could be that its more than physical attraction.... And men maybe injects youth to older women...

I am not young anymore and simple and yet he choose me over some younger women…he looks ok to me and we are on the same level as far as career is concerned….

I have a relationship with this a man right now and by experience on love and relationship he is far more matured than I am.... But when it comes to our career I am more matured.... Sometimes I am his guiding light.…since we have the same field and compliment each other….

 ;) ;) ;)


joc1128

  • Guest
Re: What I think of women who are dating/married to younger men
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2006, 09:24:41 pm »
i agree with jadelotus' opinion..also, i admire (envy?)women who date/married younger men coz i feel they have more 'edge' than other women.medyo iba na ang views ng filipinos specially the youth about this issue.it used to be kind of not accepted before but these days parang mas cool if your dating a younger man..

apple_384dips

  • Guest
Re: What I think of women who are dating/married to younger men
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2006, 11:41:21 am »
may expiration daw ang love,just give it 1 to 2 yrs and you'll see whats the real score between the 2 of you..if a woman if stable enough to meet the expectation of his partner,then they would last longer..may mahirap ba na older woman na binubuhay ng young man???

beautifuldreamer

  • Guest
Re: What I think of women who are dating/married to younger men
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2006, 12:58:42 pm »
may expiration daw ang love,just give it 1 to 2 yrs and you'll see whats the real score between the 2 of you..if a woman if stable enough to meet the expectation of his partner,then they would last longer..may mahirap ba na older woman na binubuhay ng young man???

not only 1 or two but it could be less or longer who knows apple_384....i agree to that nevertheless that will not prevent you from having a good relationship with a man...it can the best one you will ever have...

and to add when its comes to relationships with matured women though its special to them,  love and relationship were not your only priority in life....

 ;) ;) ;)

krispie

  • Guest
Re: What I think of women who are dating/married to younger men
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2006, 01:21:32 pm »
age is just a number. . . . no more, no less  ;)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close