watch now

Author Topic: powerbooks or national bookstore  (Read 105008 times)

fn_kuneho

  • Guest
Re: powerbooks or national bookstore
« Reply #380 on: February 24, 2010, 01:15:01 pm »
national, kasi mas mura [textspeak!] mga books nila. kasi naman, minsan nasa 100 pa un price difference. pero kung tambay/basa ng books, sa powerbooks na. ng ganda kasi ng ambiance.

purple_lady29

  • Guest
Re: powerbooks or national bookstore
« Reply #381 on: April 05, 2010, 07:16:55 am »
I mostly buy my books at National Bookstore as well =) for the hard to find books, I look around for it at powerbooks =) by the way, I didn't know that NBS and Powerbooks has the same owner =)

liyapot

  • Guest
Re: powerbooks or national bookstore
« Reply #382 on: April 12, 2010, 02:46:16 pm »
yup they have the same owner..
i usually buy sa powerbooks kasi i have the members discount card..sayang din yung discount and the points i earn there meron na akong P360 e-purse points.
nung isang beses i saw septimus heap na syren on paperback sa NB.. so dali dali akong nagpunta ng powerbooks to buy the pb copy.. kaso wala pa sila.. nahuhuli din pala sila minsan and the SA told me iba daw ang supplier nila?? weird.

di ko pansin ang price difference ng powerbooks at NB!! meron pala? i assumed na pareho [textspeak!] ng presyo e

Chinita Princess

  • Guest
Re: powerbooks or national bookstore
« Reply #383 on: April 22, 2010, 05:31:31 pm »
Powerbooks. hehe. Madami kasi akong books na hinahanap, sa kanila meron, sa NB wala.  :D

boogieston

  • Guest
Re: powerbooks or national bookstore
« Reply #384 on: April 23, 2010, 02:15:38 pm »
POWERBOOKS! pwedeng magbasa for free! haha! Plus solely on book sila kaya mas wider yung range ng books nila. NBS kasi pati office supplies and mostly academic books, kaya ayun. POWERBOOKS! haha

Heatherette

  • Guest
Re: powerbooks or national bookstore
« Reply #385 on: April 24, 2010, 05:22:54 pm »
I haven't stepped into either bookstores. Mas favorite ko ang Fully Booked ngayon. Superb customer service. Ayoko ng major engot na CS pag tinanong.

boogieston

  • Guest
Re: powerbooks or national bookstore
« Reply #386 on: April 26, 2010, 10:25:58 am »
^hindi naman engot yung mga CS ng Powerbooks ah! baka tiyempuhan lang talaga na engot yung CS na humarap sayo sis ;D

janzphynx

  • Guest
Re: powerbooks or national bookstore
« Reply #387 on: April 27, 2010, 10:55:04 am »
powerbooks ako, kasi nakakatuwa yung mga tao dun, and in my experience they really know about books, as in pag tinanong mo yung title alam nila kung sino author and they can give also opinions about the books. may free reviews, hehe. that was my experience in powerbooks SM Megamall and Greenbelt, don't know about the other branch. Sa national kasi don't even know the genre of the books they are selling, lagi silang walang idea...

Heatherette

  • Guest
Re: powerbooks or national bookstore
« Reply #388 on: April 27, 2010, 11:25:26 am »
^^I didn't say which from the two bookstore yung engot na CS pero sige NBS ang major sa lahat :)

Pero ayun nga, most of the time, hindi alam nung CS yung mga books na tinatanong ko like the other day I was looking for Griffin and Sabine books pero I don't know ha why the CS kept on insisting Shopaholic series haha Napapakamot nalang ako ng ulo (this is in Powerbooks). Worst ang NBS for me. I had bad experiences with these two bookstores kaya never na ko bumalik.

While sa Fully Booked, I really find their CS really knowledgeable even on comic books! Their CS are superb, so I don't mind paying more for a book which I can get cheaper at NBS or Powerbooks.

boogieston

  • Guest
Re: powerbooks or national bookstore
« Reply #389 on: April 27, 2010, 12:52:29 pm »
^sis, baka naman rookie yung tinanong mo. hehe.

Heatherette

  • Guest
Re: powerbooks or national bookstore
« Reply #390 on: April 27, 2010, 01:55:57 pm »
^Nope matagal na yung SA na yun :)

boogieston

  • Guest
Re: powerbooks or national bookstore
« Reply #391 on: April 27, 2010, 02:35:14 pm »
^ah ok. baka naman sa branch na yun lang...(haha! todo defend??)

gorgeouschef

  • Guest
Re: powerbooks or national bookstore
« Reply #392 on: May 01, 2010, 06:57:28 am »
I prefer powerbooks. I have to agree hindi alam ng mga SA sa national bookstore pag naginquire ka about books. pero pag office/school supplies dun ako bumibili kasi di hamak na mas mura obviously. Sa powerbooks, MOA specifically, ok mag-assist SA nila. Alam nila, feeling ko nga bookworm mga yun..  ;D. magrerecommend pa sila..

2wyx03

  • Guest
Re: powerbooks or national bookstore
« Reply #393 on: May 01, 2010, 08:11:52 pm »
i love spending time at powerbooks and i agree that the SAs here are more knowledgeable and helpful than the ones working in National bookstore.

charmed_chic

  • Guest
Re: powerbooks or national bookstore
« Reply #394 on: May 01, 2010, 08:37:11 pm »
I prefer powerbooks if books alone ang bibilhin.. it's because of their super nice customer service like last tuesday.. my bf bought the divine comedy novels but the inferno was out of stock.. so, what they did, nag-order pa sila ng stock and contacted my bf when it has arrived.

rasee16

  • Guest
Re: powerbooks or national bookstore
« Reply #395 on: May 01, 2010, 08:48:57 pm »
POWERBOOKS! haha parang second home ko na nga to eh.,.

Heatherette

  • Guest
Re: powerbooks or national bookstore
« Reply #396 on: May 09, 2010, 12:10:24 am »
Ok. I found my favorite Powerbooks Branch - Megamall. The staff were very friendly and gave me wonderful insights sa mga books. I was contemplating on getting two books but declined. Sabi ko I'll read reviews muna before buying them. Ok naman sa kanila. This was like last week pa. I came back yesterday to get my Powercard+ card then to my surprise, they gave me two sheets of paper with matching reviews from Amazon of the two books I was thinking of buying. While I already read the reviews and decided to buy the books, it was thoughtful of them to research for it and print it out pa.

I like how the staffs are well read din. One of them love Vampire Diaries while the other (a guy) love the House of Night series naman. I joked them when I reserved Spirit Bound. Sabi ko tingnan ko kung sino sa inyo ng Fully Booked ang unang magre-release at mag-text sa akin lol They're up to the challenge naman. Let's see sino ngang bookstore ang nauuna mag-release.

charmed_chic

  • Guest
Re: powerbooks or national bookstore
« Reply #397 on: May 09, 2010, 10:01:45 am »
^I agree sis with Powerbooks Megamall... this is where I bought my Twilight set last year... I was also contemplating on buying it kase medyo expensive sya.. I'm thinking if worth it ba yung bibilhin ko na agad sya ng by set.. But their staff really gave me the pros and cons... Next favorite Powerbooks Branch of mine is the one in Mall of Asia..

reese**

  • Guest
Re: powerbooks or national bookstore
« Reply #398 on: May 09, 2010, 01:06:12 pm »
aNyone tried ordering online sa national? I just did kasi. I wonder kung mabilis madeliver. 

boogieston

  • Guest
Re: powerbooks or national bookstore
« Reply #399 on: May 12, 2010, 09:33:44 am »
^wow!!! i'm clearing up my day on the 22nd!! haha

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close