Author Topic: lovelife during quarantine  (Read 508 times)

amethyst028

• Senior GirlTalker
  • here comes the sun
lovelife during quarantine
« on: May 19, 2020, 10:52:41 pm »
hi mga sis.

just a general question. how is your relationship with your husband/partner/bf/so during this quarantine period.

if magkasama kayo sa house does it make your relationship stronger? sa mga hindi naman magkasama sa house how are you handling the distance lalo kung magkaiba ng city and hindi pwede tumawid or magkita in public?

simang

• Acts like a lady, thinks like a man.
  • Super GirlTalker
Re: lovelife during quarantine
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2020, 04:13:42 pm »
Good question, sana marami magshare ng experiences nila. I think these times bring a lot of anxiety to people, it does challenge relationships.

For us, first few weeks were challenging. Sabi ko nga sa ilang friends ko, yung away namin during the first 30 days of ECQ were more than our arguments in the entire 7 years that we're together. I even told my husband one time that "this is the most emotionally distant we've been". I seriously missed him during the first few weeks kahit magkasama kami everyday.

Partly because we were both anxious about the situation, then he was also shocked about my work schedule (been working from home for almost 4 yrs, this is the first he's actually seen me working at home). Dun nya lang nakita how long I work and how much money I actually make. Lol. We were stuck at my parent's house, so it was all new to us -- being home together 24/7, with my side of the family for one whole month. We've never stayed that long with either side of the family. We were used to being on our own.

But month 2 onwards was way better. We were able to travel back to our place. We're both adjusting well with the quarantine as far as I'm concerned. He's still not back to work, and he's been managing the home well since I still had to work full time (with few other projects on the side). We're back to our normal selves I guess, slowly accepting that this might actually last longer than we would've wanted.

I'm just thankful that we have stable income and that we were able to travel back home before the ECQ was lifted. I heard it's crazier on the road now. When we went home, it was smooth, all we had was our family travel pass and IDs.

So, did this situation make us stronger? I'd like to believe so. We had to experience it to learn a few more things about each other. And the past 2 weeks was also nice since I noticed that we're able to talk about a lot more stuff about life and our future. We talk about these things prior to this pero given the situation now, mas may urgency to make things happen. Mas naging concrete.
...all adventurous women do.

Shadow Angel

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2020, 06:48:48 pm »
During lockdown mas naging close siguro dahil mas marami kaming time na mag bonding kasama si LO. Hindi nauubos mga gagawin. Very productive ang time namin. Naggagarden kami, bbq, picnic sa backyard, dancing, singing akala ko makakadami kami ng movie marathon kaso hindi kulang pa rin ang time. Bukod pa sa play time with LO. Besides kahit naman nagwowork sya 40hrs per week lang sya para mas marami time sa amin. Kahit nakailang offer sa kanya ng promotion tinatanggihan nya kasi priority nya kami. During ECQ hindi pa kami nag away. Hindi rin kasi kami madalas magtampuhan. Sa 5 years namin wala pa sa sampung beses kami nagkatampuhan. Na appreciate namin ang ECQ kahit na siempre iba pa rin un normal na nakakalabas.

kaythrielle

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2020, 08:47:06 pm »
Honestly i dont really feel any difference in our relationship during this time. We?re still doing the same things we usually do.

Kahit naman dati, my husband WFH twice a week M&F. Now he?s WFH M-F. He would also cook food (lalo na if i have work) and our kids help do the chores and with the cooking too.
And before, mag-LoA din sya ng matagal kaya normal din samen matagal magkasama sa bahay.

Ang difference siguro hindi kami nakakatravel much but its ok. Nakakatipid kami sa gastos.
Yung pag-grocery pala, dati yun na yung parang ?date? namin 😄 hindi na kasi sumasama mga anak namin maggrocery. Nung nag-quarantine, sya na lang lumalabas para mag-grocery. I?d give him a list lang, and ok naman. Nadadagdagan konte yung nasa list but its not a big deal.
And now pala, every night is movie night for the family. 😄

We?ve been through different kinds of situations and have been through a lot of adjustments na. So we just learn how to go with the flow and make the most out of every situation that comes our way.

RoadrunnerXCX

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2020, 03:09:53 am »
Parang it makes things  better for us  because we hold on  to each other more knowing we are LDR and the kids are with him. Ngayon namin nai apply ng bonggang bongga yung cliche na "choose your battles." With all the chaos around iintindihin pa ba yung mga trivial things about us. I told him let's just be grateful that we don't have a major financial struggles right now and in our own little way we were able to help some family members and friends. I encouraged him to watch online  Fr. Jerry Orbos' teachings because they are very enlightening and inspiring especially during this pandemic. Am just thankful one of us has a job when this pandemic happens.
“Allow the universe to unfold as it should" - Desiderata

amethyst028

• Senior GirlTalker
  • here comes the sun
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2020, 12:14:43 pm »
i'm glad that you are all doing great. kasi mahirap ma stuck sa isang house with someone kung parati lang mag aaway.

share ko lang.

naging kame ng bf ko during quarantine. we met last week of feb that was our first date. didn't see him for a few weeks kasi hindi nagtutugma sched namin but consistent communication naman. tapos nag lockdown na. he would just visit me sa condo ko. instead of actual dates watch the news and chill lang kame. no intimacy just purely talking. hanggang sa naging kame na.

our relationship is still new. i am always worried about him kasi frontliner siya. 1week straight ang duty niya sa hospital. ang maganda sa amin magkasundo kame para lang kame magka barkada na parati nag aasaran at nagtatawanan. his job is very stressful already kaya every interaction we have i try to make it fun and light lang. when we see each other ang dami niyang kwento mas madaldal pa siya kesa sa akin. parang siya yung babae sa relationship.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close