Author Topic: Uneven heat of convection oven  (Read 1819 times)

stormy_princess

• A Supermom to a Superkid!
  • Senior GirlTalker
Uneven heat of convection oven
« on: April 06, 2020, 01:38:02 pm »
Hi,

I'm using Asahi brand convection oven bought last January 2020. I haven't use it that much yet. Maybe a couple of times only since I just baked cookies which i tried to bake perfectly. Thing is, the cookies are always unevenly cooked. The bottom part is burnt. While upper part is raw. I followed what's in the recipe and for the temperature, I have my oven thermometer also. So I don't know what went wrong with it. It's always uneven temp not only for my cookies but for pasta etc also. Anyone who can help me? Thanks
If  we want to forgive and recover from hurts and wounds, we must not talk loosely about the problem or the person who caused it...If you want to get better, you cannot be bitter.” -Joyce Mayer

amethyst028

• Senior GirlTalker
  • here comes the sun
Re: Uneven heat of convection oven
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2020, 08:09:29 pm »
i have a convection oven din different brand not same as yours. yung sa akin kasi i turn both heater sa top and bottom tapos may fan na mag circulate ng hot air. sa temp hindi ko sinusunod yung nasa recipe tinatancha ko na lang yung temp. pag 350 degrees sabi sa recipe minsan 180 or 200degrees sakin then sa timer minsan same time sa recipe or few minutes before. hindi ko din iniiwan naka bantay ako to check kung naluto ba how many minutes it took and sa temp tama lang ba. i have toothpick to check kung cooked na from time to time.

so far i have not burned anything yet. sayang kasi ang ingredients pag na palpak not to mention i don't want to disappoint my son kasi siya ang taga kain ng mga na bake ko.

cupcakejane

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2020, 08:39:34 pm »
I used an ordinary convection oven myself and I noticed it bakes faster towards the back. Overall, though uneven, masarap parin naman the cookies and baked pastas I made the past few days.

stormy_princess

• A Supermom to a Superkid!
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2020, 02:17:31 pm »
I used an ordinary convection oven myself and I noticed it bakes faster towards the back. Overall, though uneven, masarap parin naman the cookies and baked pastas I made the past few days.

this one i noticed in my oven also. So what i did half of the time binabaliktad ko para maging even ang pagkaluto..
If  we want to forgive and recover from hurts and wounds, we must not talk loosely about the problem or the person who caused it...If you want to get better, you cannot be bitter.” -Joyce Mayer

cupcakejane

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2020, 04:50:51 pm »
^ Same here.  For cookies, I just monitor and towards the end, I will flip para yung na sa harap naan ang na sa likod.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close