Author Topic: Overseas mommies- SSS/Philhealth maternity benefits.  (Read 132 times)

J.warner

• Junior GirlTalker
Overseas mommies- SSS/Philhealth maternity benefits.
« on: October 09, 2019, 02:40:14 pm »
Hello! Mommies please share your experience..

Re: Philhealth
Manganganak ako sa AU via public health, I have Medicare so wala daw bayad regardless if normal or CS. 
Makaka avail pa din ba ko Philhealth?(Continuous naman contributions ko).
Kasi one of the requirements in filing is statement of account or hospital bill receipt. 

When I gave birth in a private hospital sa pinas (CS). My Philhealth benefit that was deducted from my bill was 19k. 
I dont know if Philhealth computes your benefits based on your hospital bill? Ang alam ko lang magkaiba amount normal vs CS.

Re: SSS
I submitted my MAT1 online via their website. I just got a pop up message showing my transaction number. Ok na ba yun? Am I supposed to get an email acknowledgment from them? Thank you!!

twelvth_goddess

• A certified ZOE-holic and a true blue
  • Super GirlTalker
Re: Overseas mommies- SSS/Philhealth maternity benefits.
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2019, 06:31:14 am »

I think pwede sis:

PhilHealth benefits for OFs

Overseas Filipino members may avail themselves of PhilHealth benefits even if they are confined in hospitals abroad. At the same time, their qualified dependents in the Philippines may avail themselves of the benefits even if the principal is working overseas.

These benefits include:

Inpatient Benefits
Outpatient Benefits
Z Benefits
MDG-Related Benefits

Conditions for benefit availment

Overseas Filipino members must meet the following conditions to be able to avail of benefits:
1The availment period falls within the validity period of the Overseas Filipino member?s coverage
2The 45-day annual benefit limit for hospital room and board allowance has not yet been consumed
3The health care institution and health care professional are accredited (applicable only for confinements in the Philippines)

Filing a claim for overseas confinements

If an Overseas Filipino member is confined abroad, the following documents must be sent either via overseas courier or electronic mail to the PhilHealth Regional Office or Local Health Insurance Office nearest the OF?s Philippine address within 180 calendar days from the date of discharge:

1. Medical abstract or medical record written in English or copy of Medical Certificate indicating the final diagnosis, confinement period and medical services rendered;

2. Copy of the operative record written in English, if an operation was performed

3. Statement of account

4. Official Receipt issued by the hospital and doctor

Properly filled out PhilHealth Claim Form 1

If an Overseas Filipino member or his qualified dependent is confined in the Philippines, a properly filled out PhilHealth Claim Form 1 must be submitted to the Billing Section of the accredited hospital before being discharged.
Whatever I want, I get. If I can't, I don't stop TRYING.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close