Author Topic: Half Filipino kids  (Read 446 times)

J.warner

• GirlTalker
Half Filipino kids
« on: October 01, 2019, 09:29:05 am »
Hi, the reason for starting this thread is to get insights from pinay moms with babies born overseas. Especially if their dad is not pinoy.

1.  Did you also get a Philippine passport for your child?

2. Do you teach them to speak Tagalog?

3. Does your child study in the PH or overseas? I ask bec here in AU, public school is free. But not sure if public schools here are as good as private schools in Manila.
If your child studies in the PH, can you share which school?

4. Are they automatically dual citizens or this is their decision once they reached 18?

5. Did you eventually decide to raise them in the Philippines?
Reasons for example: malungkot sa ibang bansa etc.

🤗 Any inputs is appreciated! Thanks
« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 09:37:29 am by J.warner »

Shadow Angel

• Super GirlTalker
Re: Half Filipino kids
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2019, 11:19:15 am »
1. Walang PH passport ang anak ko pero dual citizen sya pinaregister ko na agad after giving birth kahit sa ibang bansa ako nanganak.

2. Yes, nakakaintindi ng tagalog ang anak ko nakakapagsalita ng konti. Hindi kami masyadong makafocus sa tagalog since hindi rin english ang first language namin sa bahay.

3 & 4. Wala ako planong itira at pag aralin ang anak ko sa pinas. Lalo na ngayon wala naman pagbabago ang politics sa pinas madami pa rin corrupt. Iba rin kasi ang feeling na secured ka. Un kahit ano bagay kahit new  delivery naiiwan sa labas ng bahay na hindi nawala. At marami pa pang iba.

Maganda ang pinas pero Ang goverment ayaw ko at ibang ugaling pinoy na di maganda.

i_miss_sleep

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2019, 01:56:46 am »
I'll just chime in on where I can relate (sorry for the long response, napasarap ng pagsulat):
Language - I know it would be a challenge teaching your child Filipino when you're not in the Philippines. Heck, even Filipinos who are already in the Philippines are struggling to have their child speak the Tagalog. But if you are able, get him to speak Tagalog. Maski blond/blue eyes pa anak mo :)

School - I'm sure Australia has data on school ratings in their education website. Check out their attendance/dropout/graduation rate; their test ranking on National tests (Math, English, Science) and teacher turnovers. Registering your child in a public school is fine but ensure they are an excelling school and of course within the boundaries of your residence. When you compare to private school, are you referring to parochial schools or charter schools (which are pseudo-private)? These private schools will not guarantee you the best or fitting school for your child. It would still be up to you and the child to know which ones suit your needs in terms of standards, child's ability, religious affiliation and finance. Same considerations if you decide to migrate back to the Philippines and have your child continue her studies there.

I know some friends who after spending long years overseas have decided to return to the Philippines especially the retirees. Meron din iba who have absolutely vowed to return pero nang magka-anak, decided to stay abroad to give their children better life. Meron din akong friend who I feel has everything abroad, a house, a good family, smart kids. Pero naisipan pa rin nila na umuwi at pagaralin kids sa Pilipinas simply because they want to stay close to family and for their kids to be close to their grandparents bago man lang sila pumanaw.

I think hindi na papahuli ang Pinas. We are like in a 1st world lifestyle under a 3rd world government. You just need a secure job or business in order to survive in the Philippines. Why do you think a lot of foreigners are migrating to the Philippines? It's like a paradise for them!

kaythrielle

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2019, 03:57:59 am »
1. I didnt get Philippine passport for my kids. Very limited lang pwede mapuntahan, can?t even go to Europe or US with that passport. Kailangan pa ng visa. The only thing i can think of that it can be of any use is if you want to stay in the Philippines for more than 30days or live there. If you do, then get your baby a Philippine passport. If not, Australian passport is good enough.

2. They learned how to speak Tagalog themselves just from hearing me and hubby talk to each other; self-taught.
Maganda sana kung maturuan mo magTagalog anak mo, but if you are going to live in Australia, for me lang ha, parang hindi naman kailangan.

3. They are studying where we live. Libre ang education, why not take advantage of it? Kesa gumastos pa sa pinas na PHPxx,xxx- xxx,xxx ang tuition fee, why not save it for their university education.

4. N.A.

5. Nope. We can visit the Philippines but not raise my kids there. Hindi naman malungkot abroad. Malungkot siguro kung walang kasamang pamilya at walang mga kaibigan.

Are you new in AU? Most pinoys naman adapt and adjust well. Give it some time, baka hormones lang yang umiiral sa mga emosyon at mga iniisip mo ngayon (if you?re pregnant), but i?m sure once you give birth you?ll see the advantages of raising your baby in Australia.

**Foreigners love it there because their money is in $$$ . So their standard of living will be better compared to living in their own country.

Shadow Angel

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2019, 05:33:26 am »
^parang misconception nga un malungkot sa ibang bansa if OFW ka at hindi mo kasama ang family mo for sure malungkot pero pagmagkakasama kayo parang mas masaya pa nga dito marami kasi family/kids activities na free lang.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close