Author Topic: Experienced Moms: What you wished you only packed in your hospital  (Read 1101 times)

madame_ekis

• GirlTalker
Experienced Moms: What you wished you only packed in your hospital
« on: September 26, 2019, 09:30:10 am »
Hello Everyone!

I did not find an active thread for this topic so I opened a new one.

I just wanted to ask those who already gave birth what essential things you think one should bring or pack in their hospital bags (both baby stuff and Mom stuff)?

How many pairs of newborn baby clothes, swaddles, etc. is enough to bring?
Is it necessary to bring baby bottles?

Any advise will help!

TiA! ;)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 09:38:21 am by madame_ekis »

FayeP

• mom of three boys and a princess
  • Super GirlTalker
  • life's good! praise the Lord!
Re: Experienced Moms: What you wished you only packed in your hospital
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2019, 11:47:13 pm »
we have an old thread for this, you might want to check this out:

https://www.femalenetwork.com/girltalk/index.php?topic=250411.40

but for me these are the things I brought with me at the hospital:

For baby:
-change of clothes, pajamas/tiesides, mittens and socks
-going home outfit
-swaddling cloth (or two)
-diapers
-diaper wipes
-bonnet
-nail cutter (if you like to cut his/her nails kasi mahaba yun nails nila paglabas)
-baby toiletries like baby wash, oil..
-burp cloth
-alcohol and cotton balls for the pusod

for mother:
-going home outfit
-change of clothes if ever you wanted to change into something nicer than your hospital gown
-socks, don't forget these
-flipflops
-phone, chargers, powerbanks or tablet if you want
-toiletries
-hairties or headband
-lipbalm
-makeup kit (optional to, for those who are into makeup)
-snacks for after giving birth magugutom ka for sure
-extra pillow since the pillows at the hospitals are not of good quality
-bath towel

for your partner (hubby/LIP, or companion)
-change of clothes
-toiletries
-gadgets

Sorry I forgot to add, before giving birth, make a draft of the baby's name, father and mother's name, date of marriage (if applicable). address..this is to prevent the hospital for misspelling thea any of your names sa city registrar's office...then please don't forget the Philhealth forms, HMO if ever, copies of your marriage certificate, birth plan if you have, all your lab and ultrasound results..you can place all these in an envelope. 
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 11:50:06 pm by FayeP »
"The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold."
                                     -Psalm 18:2

i_miss_sleep

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2019, 11:57:36 pm »
The only advice I can give is to bring/wear make-up! In this social media age you must always be photo ready :)

FayeP

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2019, 12:08:20 am »
^sis i_miss_sleep, yep, maglipstick ng di madaling matanggal like mga Matte Ink ganun para kahit pawisan ka na may lippie pa din
"The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold."

i_miss_sleep

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2019, 12:17:25 am »
Foundation rin to cover up pimples lalo na kung lalaki ang anak! hahaha...

I remember tadtad ako ng pimples noon. And dami take ng take ng pictures sa amin ni baby. Hayyy..gusto ko ipabura sa facebook!

Pero if you're going to wear one, find yung hypoallergenic kase i'm sure you will be kissing and hugging your newborn. Baka naman ma-irritate yung skin ni baby.

FayeP

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2019, 12:22:54 am »
depende siguro sa skin yan sis, kasi I have three boys, wala ako pimples at di din nangitim ang mga singit-singit, leeg or tyan ko..sabi kasi nila mangigitim pag boy, then lalaki ang ilong...same na same lang yun non-preggy na itsura at skin ko dun sa preggy...now I'm currently pregnant with a baby girl...same lang din...

i_miss_sleep

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2019, 12:50:39 am »
^Lucky! Yeah, depende nga. My sister had a boy din. She's flawless, akala girl anak niya.

twelvth_goddess

• A certified ZOE-holic and a true blue
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2019, 07:34:46 am »
^^FayeP nung pregnancy ko with my daughter, super chaka ko. Ang dark talaga ng neck and UA ko tapos ang dami pa pimples hanggang chest. Though nag clear up naman nung 2nd trimester pero I was so conscious kase hinde ako ma-pimples.

Dito sa pregnancy ko with my son, sobrang glowing ko if I say so myself :D People would always say na girl tong baby so nagugulat sila pag sinasabe kong boy. Super nice ng skin ko chaka hinde ako nagdaan sa pimple stage. Binawian naman ako sa nausea and vomiting hahaha

I made a list on what to pack na kahit mejo malayo pa:

Baby bag:
- baby book
- diapers
- 2-3 swaddles
- 3 sets of clothing (footsies, button down shirt and pajamas, mittens, bonnet)
- wipes
- towels
- baby oil, baby wash, cotton, alcohol
- going home outfit
- installed car seat (malamang kakargahin ko naman haha)

Mommy bag:
- night gown
- napkins and underpads
- Wink binder
- toiletries and make up
- phone and charger
- Philhealth documents
- birth plan
- change of clothes
- pillow and blanket
- towel

Daddy bag:
- change of clothes
- pillow and blanket
- jacket
- toiletries
- water and snacks
- towel

ooh just looking at this list, nae excite  nako. Kaso baka ma-feel ni baby so pigil muna. December pa, anak :D

Whatever I want, I get. If I can't, I don't stop TRYING.

madame_ekis

• GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2019, 10:21:37 am »
we have an old thread for this, you might want to check this out:

https://www.femalenetwork.com/girltalk/index.php?topic=250411.40

but for me these are the things I brought with me at the hospital:

For baby:
-change of clothes, pajamas/tiesides, mittens and socks
-going home outfit
-swaddling cloth (or two)
-diapers
-diaper wipes
-bonnet
-nail cutter (if you like to cut his/her nails kasi mahaba yun nails nila paglabas)
-baby toiletries like baby wash, oil..
-burp cloth
-alcohol and cotton balls for the pusod

for mother:
-going home outfit
-change of clothes if ever you wanted to change into something nicer than your hospital gown
-socks, don't forget these
-flipflops
-phone, chargers, powerbanks or tablet if you want
-toiletries
-hairties or headband
-lipbalm
-makeup kit (optional to, for those who are into makeup)
-snacks for after giving birth magugutom ka for sure
-extra pillow since the pillows at the hospitals are not of good quality
-bath towel

for your partner (hubby/LIP, or companion)
-change of clothes
-toiletries
-gadgets

Sorry I forgot to add, before giving birth, make a draft of the baby's name, father and mother's name, date of marriage (if applicable). address..this is to prevent the hospital for misspelling thea any of your names sa city registrar's office...then please don't forget the Philhealth forms, HMO if ever, copies of your marriage certificate, birth plan if you have, all your lab and ultrasound results..you can place all these in an envelope.

@FayeP Thanks a lot for the list and advise!  Actually I also prepared my own list pero sobrang dami feeling ko OA na haha!  This is super helpful especially to reduce the things I don't need to bring para di naman halos isang bahay dala ko. ;D

Birth plans, honestly wala pa ako nun since wala pa akong doctor sa Pinas. I will probably get this done when I get back to Manila.

BTW do I need to pack bottles just in case I don't produce milk?
As much as possible I want to bring things I already have so the hospital won't have to charge me more.

Thanks! :)

madame_ekis

• GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2019, 10:28:43 am »
^^FayeP nung pregnancy ko with my daughter, super chaka ko. Ang dark talaga ng neck and UA ko tapos ang dami pa pimples hanggang chest. Though nag clear up naman nung 2nd trimester pero I was so conscious kase hinde ako ma-pimples.

Dito sa pregnancy ko with my son, sobrang glowing ko if I say so myself :D People would always say na girl tong baby so nagugulat sila pag sinasabe kong boy. Super nice ng skin ko chaka hinde ako nagdaan sa pimple stage. Binawian naman ako sa nausea and vomiting hahaha

I made a list on what to pack na kahit mejo malayo pa:

Baby bag:
- baby book
- diapers
- 2-3 swaddles
- 3 sets of clothing (footsies, button down shirt and pajamas, mittens, bonnet)
- wipes
- towels
- baby oil, baby wash, cotton, alcohol
- going home outfit
- installed car seat (malamang kakargahin ko naman haha)

Mommy bag:
- night gown
- napkins and underpads
- Wink binder
- toiletries and make up
- phone and charger
- Philhealth documents
- birth plan
- change of clothes
- pillow and blanket
- towel

Daddy bag:
- change of clothes
- pillow and blanket
- jacket
- toiletries
- water and snacks
- towel

ooh just looking at this list, nae excite  nako. Kaso baka ma-feel ni baby so pigil muna. December pa, anak :D

@twelvth_goddess Thanks for the list din.  Wow ang lapit na ng due date mo!  Advanced congratulations to you! :)

Parang same tayo I didn't have a hard time.  Miraculously wala akong morning sickness but hunger pangs lang.  Hindi din ako nag crave.  No issues with blemishes din parang wala lang.
I guess the surprising part lang is as early as 3 months showing na bump ko and yung belly button ko stretched na and naku ang dark na akala ng husband ko di ako nag lilinis ng pusod lol!
BTW just curious when did you notice na nag darken na yung underarm and singit area? 

madame_ekis

• GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2019, 10:34:13 am »
^Lucky! Yeah, depende nga. My sister had a boy din. She's flawless, akala girl anak niya.

@i_miss_sleep Thanks for the advise! 
I'm curious about this pre-delivery makeover nga.  I didn't notice until I saw a lot of delivery room pictures.  Ang bobongga nga ng pictures nila sa delivery room!  Parang walang effort ang delivery lol!
How do you manage this if nag lalabor ka na?  I suspect panay CS ang gumagawa nito but maybe I'm wrong.

twelvth_goddess

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2019, 10:58:41 am »
madame_ekis, yung neck and underarm ko ngayon, yung lines lang yung mejo dark. Pero apart from that naman, okay pa din naman sya. Sa unang pregnancy ko kase, migosh parang nilagyan ng uling yung neck and underarm ko huhu. Nag start magdarken yung lines sa neck and ua ko on my 5th month. Although ine expect ko din naman, na-sad lang ako slightly kase sobrang na achieve ko na yung fairness level ko sa underarm tapos nag hyperpigmentation ulit hehe. Dibale, bawiin nalng after birth. 

madame_ekis

• GirlTalker
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2019, 11:16:41 am »
madame_ekis, yung neck and underarm ko ngayon, yung lines lang yung mejo dark. Pero apart from that naman, okay pa din naman sya. Sa unang pregnancy ko kase, migosh parang nilagyan ng uling yung neck and underarm ko huhu. Nag start magdarken yung lines sa neck and ua ko on my 5th month. Although ine expect ko din naman, na-sad lang ako slightly kase sobrang na achieve ko na yung fairness level ko sa underarm tapos nag hyperpigmentation ulit hehe. Dibale, bawiin nalng after birth.

Hmm akala ko guniguni ko lang pero napansin ko nga na parang naging more pronounced yung lines ko sa UA.  Mukhang nag sstart n nga sya mag darken. :(  Hopefully it goes back to normal after birth.

twelvth_goddess

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2019, 01:22:42 pm »
^It will naman sis. Yung face and neck ko, tadtad ng sunblock palage kase mas nakaka aggravate ng hyperpigmentation yung sun exposure.

madame_ekis

• GirlTalker
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2019, 02:46:44 pm »
^It will naman sis. Yung face and neck ko, tadtad ng sunblock palage kase mas nakaka aggravate ng hyperpigmentation yung sun exposure.

True!  In my case I stopped using sunblock due to pregnancy. :(

twelvth_goddess

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2019, 02:48:16 pm »
^Why sis? PInagbawalan ka ba?

J.warner

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2019, 08:55:19 pm »
Nakalimutan ko na what I packed bec that was 7 years ago. Pero konti lang as in both mom and baby stuff nasa isang hand bag lang. I didnt bring bottles.

Ang naalala ko lang pinatanggal yung nail polish para makita kulay ng kuko. (It was a planned c section).

FayeP

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2019, 01:38:09 am »
^sis twelvth_goddess, madalas din ako sabihan before nun sa mga boys ko na baka girl anak ko kasi di ako nangitim..now same lang din....

^sis madame_ekis, check mo muna if pwede sa hospital magdala ng feeding bottles, as far as I know kasi nagkaron ng mandate si DOH na bawal na ang formula milk sa mga hospitals at birthing centers. So bawal magdala ng milk formula at bottles to encourage the new mothers to breastfeed..Dito kasi sa mga private at public hospitals sa lugar namin, may malaking malaking tarpaulin saying na bawal na ang formula at bottles sa buong hospital per DOH...so maybe you can ask din yung hospital na pagpapaanakan mo if need mo ba magdala....

sis J.Warner oo bawal daw nakanail polish kasi para makita nila if nangingitim na mga fingers mo lalo kung ooperahan..

madame_ekis

• GirlTalker
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2019, 09:10:26 am »
^Why sis? PInagbawalan ka ba?

I read the ingredients hindi daw safe to use when preggers kaya natakot ako I stopped.  I was using Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Gel Sunblock.

Hindi lang yun pati yung ibang skin care ko I had to stop since hindi safe ang ingredients.  Hayzz.....

twelvth_goddess

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2019, 11:14:21 am »
Oh I see. I've never stopped wearing sunblock. Okay lang naman kay OB. Ang pinagbawal lang nya are any products with retinol and salicylic acid. 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close